It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my dog hate UPS? Only UPS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I worked for UPS and yes dogs went crazy on me all the time.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Maybe all of the UPS drivers you get are bad people? It would seem weird, I know, but maybe it's true. Perhaps UPS hires more jerks than do other companies. I know, where we live, the FedEx guys are great, but at least one UPS guy, our old dog, who liked virtually everyone, barked at. She didn't dislike many people at all - you could count them on one hand - but she didn't like that guy! The rest of theirs, she didn't seem to mind. Another UPS guy here, we complained about, actually going out of our way to visit the local UPS location, and file a complaint, over his driving. The jerk was so erratic and aggressive, he almost hit quite a few cars, weaving in and out, cutting people off, etc.

I think it's most likely the hiring standards.

Trust the dog.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite

I don't know where you live, but I asked the same question to one of my drivers
who always drops my packages off he said that the UPS trucks here in Pa have a
un-noticeable device that animals can only hear they use it to ward off deer
as they drive. I wasn't sure that he was telling me the truth, but who knows
my last husky went berzerk every time he would pass our house and never did it
to any other truck or car. Who knows.

I hadn't thought of that! There is such a thing; I read ages ago about a device that could be placed on the front of a vehicle, to cut down on animals being hit. Perhaps they have them, and they bug the dogs.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Kid has a cat that hates yellow school buses has the look like he wants to attack them,and live across from a school

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Some great ideas! I lean towards sound, but I don't know why it's not FedEx. I had a dog years ago when I lived with my parents who would go nuts over the UPS truck, but no others.

He knew when I was a few minutes from home - would get all excited by the front door. None of my other dogs have had the UPS hate, but I've heard about it from others as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join