It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just recieved my 2nd Degree yesterday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
good stuff...I've been researching Masonry for a few years, and finally decided the best thing would be to join...

I came upon this site accidentaly....interesting

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. And congrats on making it to F.C. You're almost there

You will find alot of knowlegable masons around here (not me tho, I'm new myself) with some educational discussions (if you can read through the rhetoric of the anti's
).

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
thank you...it's good to be aboard...

are alot of the Masons who post here into the esoteric aspects of Masonry?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
some are , some are not. there are several who are very knowledgable,
Masonic Light, Leveler, BillMcelliott (hope i got that right) Senrak , all come to mind off the top, and mant others.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Some of the Freemasons who post here even develop means to recognize each other formally!

One of the finest men I ever met in Freemasonry was an Egyptologist who died two years ago a few months hort of his 100th birthday. I have much of his work that connects symbolism in degrees around the world with dimensions in several of the pyramids.

Another great friend, still living, is a former Islamic leader also expert in Egyptology, having been born and educated there.

There is a fountain of knowledge, and as they say, a little can be a dangerous thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyramidstudy
thank you...it's good to be aboard...

are alot of the Masons who post here into the esoteric aspects of Masonry?

There are other forums better suited to that then this one

This is a forum about Secret Societies as a whole, not just Freemasonry. Not only that, but there are people on this forum with which it is best that any esoteric meanings or symbols are not discussed.

(edit to remove url from post, as stated in the sites Terms and conditions-
You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards or websites on ATS without prior written permission from Simon Gray)

[edit on 13-2-2005 by sebatwerk]

[edit on 13-2-2005 by pantha]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
very good point^^^

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sebatwerk-when you say "his work", do you have books, or perhaps info that's available to the gen public, or you have manuscripts given you by him?

dh

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmmmm - so on this "conspiracy" website we have a number of bottom rung secret society members, who think they're being let in on esoteric truths, and feel mighty proud of themselves and their social advancement, yet unless they release themselves to the kind of perverted practices required will not step far up the pyramidal organisation they swear allegiance to
So where does this leave ATS?
In hock to some bedrock occultists who have decided to support the enemy?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah, serving the enemy under the guise of making them better men.

Oldest trick in the book.

One thing I decided when I researched the 'esoteric', or the 'occult' was that I didn't want a Master, and I certainly didn't want to put my trust in someone who claimed they would show me the Light.

Any one asking for my money, or my obedience didn't have my growth in mind.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Hmmmm - so on this "conspiracy" website we have a number of bottom rung secret society members, who think they're being let in on esoteric truths, and feel mighty proud of themselves and their social advancement, yet unless they release themselves to the kind of perverted practices required will not step far up the pyramidal organisation they swear allegiance to
So where does this leave ATS?
In hock to some bedrock occultists who have decided to support the enemy?

Well, speaking for me:

* I cannot know whether pyramidstudy is a Freemason or not;
* I enjoy Freemasonry for reasons far removed from your mistaken perception;
* While I don't observe "rungs", as it is senseless to do so, I have a well rounded view of the Craft with the degrees in several orders, and have not participated in any 'perverted practice'
* My social advancement hasn't arisen out of Freemasonry
* I shared some interests to do with Egyptology, which is not a particularly strong component of the ceremonies, to show where interests could lead.

I would agree with sebatwerk after the statements you have made about yourself, that there are better forums to share interests than this one.

That's what I would say about your style of contribution to ATS, on this topic.

dh

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Masonry is all about stepping up
The most stay around the ground floors and are quite happy with that degree of power and control, which is mythical
The few chosen get up to the 33 and beyond
With their ever-increasing knowledge of how it all works
Don't you genuinely resent them for that? or are you quite content to stay at the bottom layers of the pyramid, happy that you support the structure and the capstone ultimately

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
The most stay around the ground floors and are quite happy with that degree of power and control, which is mythical
Don't you genuinely resent them for that? or are you quite content to stay at the bottom layers of the pyramid, happy that you support the structure and the capstone ultimately

You can go as far as you want to in Masonry, and indeed many People choose to become Knight Templars instead of 32/33 Degree in the Scot Rite. Others choose to do both.

But hey, why should I resent it? My Grandfather was a KT and a 32. My Great Grandfather was a 33 and a good friend of the family is a 33.

Cheers and enjoy wallowing in your conspiracy theory nonsense. Though I wouldn't mind knowing just how people who do nothing more than pay lodge dues and go to lodge a few times a month are supporting some grand conspiracy to take over the world...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This edit appeared in sebatwerk's post:

(edit to remove url from post, as stated in the sites Terms and conditions-
You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards or websites on ATS without prior written permission from Simon Gray)

[edit on 13-2-2005 by pantha]

I must say in passing that I disagree with such a deletion.

To me at least, it was no more or less "advertising or promoting" a website than any other link ever posted at ATS. Perhaps permission could be sought to reinstate the link for the purpose it was put there.

The original poster in this thread, if he is a Mason looking to extend knowledge beyond the boundaries of a recent degree, has little recourse here now but to 'enjoy' interventions and accusations that were not his topic of interest.

However, it is also well known that certain members have posted on this site in the pretense that they are Freemasons. It goes without saying that proof is necessary and the proof cannot be contained within the parameters of a website whose purpose is not Freemasonry, can it?

[edit on 13-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
One of the finest men I ever met in Freemasonry was an Egyptologist who died two years ago a few months hort of his 100th birthday. I have much of his work that connects symbolism in degrees around the world with dimensions in several of the pyramids.

I would be absolutely fascinated to hear more about that.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

One of the finest men I ever met in Freemasonry was an Egyptologist who died two years ago a few months short of his 100th birthday. I have much of his work that connects symbolism in degrees around the world with dimensions in several of the pyramids.

I would be absolutely fascinated to hear more about that.

A taster about Bro. G., I've U2U'd you a longer piece.

(in a ritual vein...)

As a s. and r.e. he was stationed in C. during the war years. In his f.t. he had relatively free access to the G.P., and explored its o.p. and i.c., with no fear for his life, taking m. and developing p.t. about the relationship of p. to things he had read in various r.

A few years ago we presented him with a 70-year service badge. While I was in the Chair I invited him to speak for a time in refectory from his knowledge base. I did not want to tax him, and while his health was good, the expectations were not for a pristine presentation. He stood for 50 minutes, without a hesitation and without notes, circulated three diagrams, and explained them in full to the amazement of the audience....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'd like to hear more about that too..

"The original poster in this thread, if he is a Mason looking to extend knowledge beyond the boundaries of a recent degree, has little recourse here now but to 'enjoy' interventions and accusations that were not his topic of interest.

However, it is also well known that certain members have posted on this site in the pretense that they are Freemasons. It goes without saying that proof is necessary and the proof cannot be contained within the parameters of a website whose purpose is not Freemasonry, can it? "

Like I said, I just recieved my 2nd degree, and through browsing this site, I saw that there were some other Masons here, who are obviously interested in the 'conspiracy' aspects of this life we live.....

I'm interested in having discussions with other Masons whose interests in Masonry go beyond the fraternal & charitable aspects....that's all.

To dh- relax man....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

I'm sorry sir, but you have NO CLUE what Freemasonry is all about.

The degrees are not shaped like a pyramid, and there are no such thing as "bottom layers" of that pyramid. Every mason eventually becomes a Master Mason, the highest degree of Freemasonry. Any other degrees are given by an appendant body. A 33 degree mason is still a Master Mason. There's no such thing as "outranking" someone in our fraternity, no matter how much you wish there was.

Please know what you're talking about before opening your beak.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Another great friend, still living, is a former Islamic leader also expert in Egyptology, having been born and educated there.

There is a fountain of knowledge, and as they say, a little can be a dangerous thing.

Masked Avatar, I would be interested in some of that info as well as I am a brand spanking new Mason climbing the ladder in Freemasonry. I'm reading everything I can get my hands on, there just isn't enough time in the day. Also, what was the link that was deleted I missed it?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have this book at home. I've read it, albeit a while back, I couldn't cite any figures or anything, but damn if it wasn't really good reading. This guy has some really interesting theories. Basically he's saying that the Great Pyramid is a Witness to the Bible, By looking at the measurements and proportions of the passages and chambers, as well as the geographical location and orientation of the Great Pyramid at Giza in relation to the scripture, they in some way connect, or match up. I can't remember the specific details, it's been a couple of years sice I read the book, but here it is:

The greatest archaeological discovery of all times decoded after 4500 years reveals geometric construction scientific features astronomical designs and pre-dates recorded knowledge by thousands of years.

Jeremiah 32:20 states that God "...hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day."

In Egypt are found over 80 pyramids, built over a period of 1000 years, between the 27th and 18th centuries B.C. The most famous are the Pyramids of Giza. Only three are of any note, or size, and the smaller ones are now little more than ruins. Of these, the largest is the Great Pyramid.

Who hasn't wondered about the Great Pyramid of Giza? It has always ranked first among the pyramids of Egypt and is the only remaining one of the seven wonders of the ancient World. Thus it proves itself to be the greatest and most enduring of all.

What story does it tell? The monuments of Egypt are covered with hieroglyphic writing. Their record may be easily read by the expert. The Great Pyramid in this respect is silent. If it has a message, that message is not on the surface for any one to read...and forget.

In our day, Pyramidology, with the aid of modern archaeology and scientific research, has unlocked the secret of the Pyramid of Giza. The Great Pyramid stands decoded. It is the greatest archaeological study of all times. The evidences of this has been collected for us. There is no need for imagination or assumption. Let us analyze the evidence and translate it into as simple English as the technical nature of the subject matter will permit and then see if the following questions can be answered: Who was the architect? Does it have a Divine nature? Why was it called "The Bible in Stone"?

MaskedAvatar, is this similar to what the brother you spoke of had discovered?

At any rate, the book's only $7 and well worth it IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join