It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Shows Exactly How Voter ID Laws Can Be Used for Voter Suppression

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Gargamel

a reply to: theantediluvian

Whether it is intentional or not, it creates an adverse impact on black voters, and it therefore violating the civil rights of Alabama residents.

No way around it.

What does a black voter have to do that is different from a white voter?

Drive.

But you are asking the wrong question: is the closing of access to the licensing creating an adverse impact on minorities who are wanting to vote? The answer is unequivocally 'Yes".

Really? What about the fact that they don’t actually need an I.D. to vote? They can use a provisional ballot and verify their identity later if they don’t have an I.D. on voting day.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'd say this backfired as spectacularly as liberal policies. Despite being fake and old news, turnout among minorities was strong. Jones won, in spite of those "repressive voter id laws." Seems minorities are able to get ID's despite your believing they're incompetent.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

most likely written by someone who were just like the people in the first part of that video that was posted.

Just admit that you found an old article thought it was recent and said hey I can make a big deal about this and i can feel good about myself for helping the poor suppressed black people that don't want your help.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Because it'll always get easier to drive an hour to another town to get an ID.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Dude your argument is silly.

Using your logic we should let them drive around without a drivers license because well it’s just too far for them to drive to go get one. While we are at it let’s make them exempt from having to show their I.D. to buy cigarettes or beer Etc. because you know it’s just too far away for them to get an I.D.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Dude your argument is silly.

Using your logic we should let them drive around without a drivers license because well it’s just too far for them to drive to go get one. While we are at it let’s make them exempt from having to show their I.D. to buy cigarettes or beer Etc. because you know it’s just too far away for them to get an I.D.

Like u say cops shouldnt be allowed to ask them for id if theyre stopped too. How silly.
edit on 15-12-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join