It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I don't think Trump thinks there's nothing to the Russian story of election interference, (He knows what happened. He's a conspirator). He just wants everyone else to think there's nothing to it. He thinks the whole country is made up of people like those he chooses to surround himself with - yes men and women who can be easily controlled with his money. He's learning that isn't the case. Actually, he's probably not learning it. But, Donald Trump's ignorance does not change reality.

Trump is TRASH!

Worst. 'president'. EVER!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Russia did not interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Why would they? What's in it for them?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Sorry, the way I understood it was....

In both classified and public reports, U.S. intelligence agencies have said former US President Barack Obama ordered actions to interfere with the election. Those actions included the cyber-theft of private data, the placement of propaganda against particular candidates, and an overall effort to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process...and wire tapping based on false evidence HRC paid for and the FBI used.

Trump had no help from Russia in this election. Trust me when I say the Russians did not want Trump. They had all the secrets and payoffs to control Clinton but nothing for Trump. What, some Russian investors for property? Happens when you have properties on almost all continents.

The story will change once the investigation is completed...and a former POTUS is found guilty.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamEh

Why would the Russians want to control the president of the United States? Is that you're question?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No offense, sir, but why exactly should I or anyone trust you on Trump's potential ties to Russia?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You are aware that the term "evidence" has an actual legal definition, yes? Narrowed to the legal definition, the operative word is "PROOF".

"A mountain of evidence points to a single fact: Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential election of 2016..." is a fallacy, and a writers creative license and turn of the phrase. There is a mountain of BS in that opening phrase, but no evidence.

"In both classified and public reports, U.S. intelligence agencies have said Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered actions to interfere with the election" doesn't even approach "proof". Lest you forget... the Intel agencies were behind the "proof" there were WMDs in Iraq, and the reason we needed to go to war.

But... if claims or hearsay are "evidence" to you... well, good luck with that!

originally posted by: bgerbger
Politifact puts it on the line, and they do it so well.

Despite the wailings of the right-wing echo chamber, and those here at ATS, that huge nothing burger seems to be a quite large something burger.

www.politifact.com...

A mountain of evidence points to a single fact: Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential election of 2016.

In both classified and public reports, U.S. intelligence agencies have said Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered actions to interfere with the election. Those actions included the cyber-theft of private data, the placement of propaganda against particular candidates, and an overall effort to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process.

Facebook, Google and Twitter have investigated their own networks, and their executives have concluded — in some cases after initial foot-dragging — that Russia used the online platforms in attempts to influence the election.

But there is one man who does not believe this to be true.

Guess who?

Surprise surprise, one Donald J Trump denies, deflects, and declares, but the story keeps on giving new and relevant information almost daily.

Trump declares that it is fake news, made-up news, and an attempt to distract from Hillary's scandals. The Trumpeters follow suit, spinning so quickly in line with their master, following whatever signals are given by him and the echo-chamber media that publish and embellish his gibberish. Fellow travelers on the fake news train.

In light of this, Politifact have declared Trump's claim that Russian interference is a hoax as their Lie of the Year.

When the nation’s commander-in-chief refuses to acknowledge a threat to U.S. democracy, it makes it all the more difficult to address the problem. For this reason, we name Trump’s claim that the Russia interference is a hoax as our Lie of the Year for 2017.

Readers of PolitiFact also chose the claim as the year's most significant falsehood by an overwhelming margin

It’s not so much that Trump trades in falsehoods — it’s more that he tries to create a different version of reality simply by asserting it.

That denial is of a different order from most presidential posturing, said Nicholas Burns, who served as ambassador to NATO under President George W. Bush.

"I've worked for both parties," Burns said during public testimony to the Republican-controlled Congress this summer. "It's inconceivable to me that any of President Trump's predecessors would deny the gravity of such an open attack on our democratic system.

Unfortunately too many are unwilling to examine the evidence and quite simply will go with whatever Trump says, despite overwhelming evidence.

If Trump doesn't like something it is Fake News.

Trump’s labeling of the Russia story as a hoax fits in with his pattern of dismissing critical coverage as "fake news." He’s used the term when he believes his administration doesn’t get complimentary coverage, such as hurricane cleanup in Puerto Rico, or even when his comments have been reported accurately, such as his remarks about white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va.

Since the beginning of 2017, President Trump has publicly invoked the phrase "fake news" more than 170 times. Virtually every instance has been in response to critical news coverage.

I'd like to see the Trumpeters examine what was put forth in this article and refute the claims put forth by Politifact, but my prediction is that there will be a lot of deflection, some inane crap about Trump playing some sort of ultra-dimensional chess, and the inevitable 'But Hillary, but Obama' comments. No doubt Politifact will also be called the Liberal Press.

Perhaps there is nuance in the claims. The media do make errors, but they also make retractions. Seldom do we hear a Trumpeter making a retraction, and Trump himself, never.

Is it true that your Moses, your shining light, swamp-drainer extraordinaire Donald J. Trump is never wrong?

I highly doubt it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

You don't have to. I am stated what I believe based on my research is true. I have said this numerous times. If there was ANYTHING that would have 'sticked' it would have come out during the election.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What he was saying is that the Trump/Russia collusion was made up. Them trying to say he thinks Russian interference is made up is itself actually a lie. Trump is on record to the contrary.

What else have you been lied to about?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Having thought about this the following can be stated:

Did Russia interfere and aid Trump win the 2016 Presidential election, and become President, yes. Will we find the smoking gun that points to Putin, the answer is no, and here is why.

If you take a step back and look at the facts there will come a point where it leads to a dead end, and that is due to Putin, cleaning up the mess that was created and giving enough to have plausible deniability on his part. There are no witnesses who will testify that Putin ordered them to do such and ultimately there will only be suspicions of such. Those who are Russians, and who had direct knowledge of such, have either been moved back to and inside of Russia or ended up dead, creating a dead end and thus ensuring that plausible deniability is there on his part.

Trump on the other hand and the USA, ultimately will always having this hanging over him, as there is enough evidence on his part, to show that he did have help to win the election that came from outside of the USA, with more than one government. As to how much the man knew, we do not know as the investigation did not show such.

Now here is what we should wait and see the end of the investigation and what all was found out. If there is evidence of wrong doing, and if it warrants removal. Though something tells me that many of the people around Trump will fall on the proverbial swords and end up going to jail to protect Trump, in hopes that he will pardon them.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Unless, of course, that which would stick was only discovered AFTER the election... You know, like after an investigation by, I don't know, a Special Counsel, of some sort....

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You do understand that the order that Putin gave to meddle was 5 years old when Obama meddle in the Russian elections, and he said off the cuff that they will return the favor. That is not any evidence of the 2016 election, that's old a55 words recycled by the deep state because they are mad Putin kicked them out of Syria. hahahahaah

Not to mention there was no hacking because the Wikileaks email was downloaded by USB. This has already been confirmed months ago. That's why dems refused to turn over their servers.
edit on 13-12-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The only people saying the Russian interference story is made-up are guilty people and their not-so-smart followers.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

and don't forget that Hillary Clinton along with her cronies and helpers in the government and media, also screwed around with the election.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Then tell me how. HOW did Russia interfere? It is so easy to say and makes a warm fuzzy feeling but WTF did they actually do to 'sway' any voting? What did they do to 'fix results'?

A year and a half later and all we have is ONE guy lied about something that everyone does.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Russia did not interfere in the 2016 presidential election. The reason is simple. If they interfere, anyone would interfere. And no one likes that. It is every country's policy not to interfere in any other country's election.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We know there was some Russian interference and probably some "collusion", whatever that means. Some Ethics violations at the least.

However, we also know that this wasn't the reason Hillary lost. She lost because no one likes her and she was unable to fire up the progressive/liberal base. In fact it was her election interference in the primary and her "Collusion" With DNC insiders that gave here the primary win. That's a fact, jack. There was even a lawsuit about it where the DNC basically said, our bylaws state that we can do whatever we want so we did nothing illegal. LOL

She disgusted her base except for those that watch MSNBC religiously, and they either didn't vote or voted for Jill Stein.

Trump on the other hand, won his primary fair and square and catered to his base and they turned out in droves. I don't like Trump, but he knows how to fire up the base. Textbook.

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: socratess
Russia did not interfere in the 2016 presidential election. The reason is simple. If they interfere, anyone would interfere. And no one likes that. It is every country's policy not to interfere in any other country's election.

Well sure they did. Do some googling and see how many elections the USA has interferred with in the past. It's kinda mind blowing and side.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

How? Wait, I thought this was common knowledge. The swayed the vote by targeting the voters and bombarding them with fake news in social media. Aka russian troll farms

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

No proof.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: socratess

You were supposed to ask for sources.

So that I could say 'Sure, I have sources, and they told me you should stop asking questions of which you know you're not going to like the answer to.'

No joke

edit : Aw man you're not even the guy who asked the question.
Welcome to ATS. Now thats a joke
edit on 13-12-2017 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join