It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Show me proof they altered voting machines. Otherwise this Russia Russia stuff means diddlypoodoo. Russia didn't sway anyones mind on who to vote for. That was all on ole' Hillary.

pffff "meddling"

You wouldn't need to alter voting machines, you'd only need to block eligible voters from voting in heavily democratic areas.

You want proof of Russian meddling into election software, 21 states reported some type of attempt to tamper with voting software, techcrunch.com...

If you want "proof" that votes were changed (which isn't required to swing an election), you'd need a president who believed his intelligence agencies, believed it to be a problem, and ordered an investigation, you have exactly none of those, and thus you will find no "proof" because no one is looking.

As for proof of collusion, you can continue to believe that it is simply coincidence that Mike Flynn, dinner-mate of Vlad got the job as National Security Director, and Tillerson "Friend of the Motherland" became Secretary of State all out of coincidence, or that Jared wanted a backchannel free of American law enforcement analysis, just to exchange Christmas cards if you'd like, but that's your choice - willful ignorance can be highly useful.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Russia also helped America by implanting Anti-Hillary writers with Left-leaning websites.

According to the Washington Post, left-leaning websites were duped into publishing stories created by Russian operatives that were critical of the Democratic Party and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election.

One such author introduced herself to Counterpunch with a February 2016 email reading, “Hello, my name is Alice Donovan and I’m a beginner freelance journalist.”

What followed was a writing relationship with the website that saw “Alice” slowly turn from global politics to criticism of Democrats.

According to the Post: “Increasingly, she seemed to be doing the Kremlin’s bidding by stoking discontent toward Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and touting WikiLeaks, which U.S. officials say was a tool of Russia’s broad influence operation to affect the presidential race.”

Full Story: www.rawstory.com...

Thankfully, Russia's "meddling" in our 2016 election delivered excellent results. I wonder how they affected past U.S. elections?

edit on 12/26/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

You wouldn't need to alter voting machines, you'd only need to block eligible voters from voting in heavily democratic areas.

Eligible voters in selected districts in "swing states" like Pennsylvania. If you block a half dozen Dems, Indies, and Greens at each polling place it would not arouse much suspicion, but it could be enough to swing the state and its Electoral College votes. I wonder why the "Voter Fraud Commission" has not revealed its results yet?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Russia also helped America by implanting Anti-Hillary writers with Left-leaning websites.

"Helped America?" In your book, manipulating the American people for the benefit of the Russian Empire is a good thing? Well, at least you guys are starting to show some pride in your work. You've gone from denying to boasting:

edit on 26-12-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2017 by DJW001 because: Can't figure out what is wrong with the formatting! --DJW001

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thank you. I was hoping someone else would notice.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So you admit it now.
What happened to the Russia never did anything line?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

. I wonder why the "Voter Fraud Commission" has not revealed its results yet?

Never to be heard from again.

Are they still trying to round up the democrats?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

"Helped America?" In your book, manipulating the American people for the benefit of the Russian Empire is a good thing? Well, at least you guys are starting to show some pride in your work. You've gone from denying to boasting:

It is a sign of respect. Russia does this to every newly elected president. Clinton. Bush. Obama. Trump. It's the same treatment.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Eligible voters in selected districts in "swing states" like Pennsylvania. If you block a half dozen Dems, Indies, and Greens at each polling place it would not arouse much suspicion, but it could be enough to swing the state and its Electoral College votes. I wonder why the "Voter Fraud Commission" has not revealed its results yet?

Try block someone from voting or erase that person from the rolls. You'd get sued millions. If there is one thing America is known for, it's lawsuits. Has there been a single reported incident on election day? I was not aware of any.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
A Senate race is far more important than a presidential race to Russia. Senators make laws. Presidents don't. Besides, all Trump do is send missiles to Ukraine to kill Russians anyway. It's not like Trump would ever do anything good for Russia in the first place.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zukitar

Try block someone from voting or erase that person from the rolls. You'd get sued millions. If there is one thing America is known for, it's lawsuits. Has there been a single reported incident on election day? I was not aware of any.

It happens all the time, as you would know if you were an American voter. You cannot sue if you failed to re-register when necessary, and that is what the volunteer at the polling station would tell you had happened. In some states you can cast a "provisional ballot." There have been reports of people being told they were dropped from the rolls in the presidential election.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It is a sign of respect. Russia does this to every newly elected president. Clinton. Bush. Obama. Trump. It's the same treatment.

Really? I heard Putin "forgot" to phone Obama to congratulate. Could you post a video of the Duma toasting Obama or Bush's election victories?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It happens all the time, as you would know if you were an American voter. You cannot sue if you failed to re-register when necessary, and that is what the volunteer at the polling station would tell you had happened. In some states you can cast a "provisional ballot." There have been reports of people being told they were dropped from the rolls in the presidential election.

I'm not American. Thanks for the info. It would be interesting if it did happen. If it did happen, it would be far more likely to be done by domestic actors rather than by a foreign actor like Russia IMO.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Really? I heard Putin "forgot" to phone Obama to congratulate. Could you post a video of the Duma toasting Obama or Bush's election victories?

Frankly, Russia has 0 relevance to the American public. Can Russia create jobs? Can Russia put food on the table? Does Russia affect anyone in America in any way? No. No. No. Elections are based on domestic issues, not on foreign countries. Same goes for election in every country.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Frankly, Russia has 0 relevance to the American public. Can Russia create jobs? Can Russia put food on the table? Does Russia affect anyone in America in any way? No. No. No. Elections are based on domestic issues, not on foreign countries. Same goes for election in every country.

...which is why the Russians posed as Americans and pushed polarizing domestic issues.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

...which is why the Russians posed as Americans and pushed polarizing domestic issues.

Posed? Dude, you watch way too much James Bond.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Erm, have you been paying any attention to social media at all?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Erm, have you been paying any attention to social media at all?

No one is affected by social media. Hillary saying Trump supporters are deplorables is the reason she lost.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: zukitar

That’s bs. My fb was bombarded with memes and horrible accusations about children and sex slaves and Hillary. I had to unfriend Christians because they were so ugly. People thought they had a choice between a child molestor or adulterer . Of course they chose the adulterer.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: zukitar

That’s bs. My fb was bombarded with memes and horrible accusations about children and sex slaves and Hillary. I had to unfriend Christians because they were so ugly. People thought they had a choice between a child molestor or adulterer . Of course they chose the adulterer.

Goebbels said. Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join