It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Politifact puts it on the line, and they do it so well.

Despite the wailings of the right-wing echo chamber, and those here at ATS, that huge nothing burger seems to be a quite large something burger.

www.politifact.com...

A mountain of evidence points to a single fact: Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential election of 2016.

In both classified and public reports, U.S. intelligence agencies have said Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered actions to interfere with the election. Those actions included the cyber-theft of private data, the placement of propaganda against particular candidates, and an overall effort to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process.

Facebook, Google and Twitter have investigated their own networks, and their executives have concluded — in some cases after initial foot-dragging — that Russia used the online platforms in attempts to influence the election.

But there is one man who does not believe this to be true.

Guess who?

Surprise surprise, one Donald J Trump denies, deflects, and declares, but the story keeps on giving new and relevant information almost daily.

Trump declares that it is fake news, made-up news, and an attempt to distract from Hillary's scandals. The Trumpeters follow suit, spinning so quickly in line with their master, following whatever signals are given by him and the echo-chamber media that publish and embellish his gibberish. Fellow travelers on the fake news train.

In light of this, Politifact have declared Trump's claim that Russian interference is a hoax as their Lie of the Year.

When the nation’s commander-in-chief refuses to acknowledge a threat to U.S. democracy, it makes it all the more difficult to address the problem. For this reason, we name Trump’s claim that the Russia interference is a hoax as our Lie of the Year for 2017.

Readers of PolitiFact also chose the claim as the year's most significant falsehood by an overwhelming margin

It’s not so much that Trump trades in falsehoods — it’s more that he tries to create a different version of reality simply by asserting it.

That denial is of a different order from most presidential posturing, said Nicholas Burns, who served as ambassador to NATO under President George W. Bush.

"I've worked for both parties," Burns said during public testimony to the Republican-controlled Congress this summer. "It's inconceivable to me that any of President Trump's predecessors would deny the gravity of such an open attack on our democratic system.

Unfortunately too many are unwilling to examine the evidence and quite simply will go with whatever Trump says, despite overwhelming evidence.

If Trump doesn't like something it is Fake News.

Trump’s labeling of the Russia story as a hoax fits in with his pattern of dismissing critical coverage as "fake news." He’s used the term when he believes his administration doesn’t get complimentary coverage, such as hurricane cleanup in Puerto Rico, or even when his comments have been reported accurately, such as his remarks about white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va.

Since the beginning of 2017, President Trump has publicly invoked the phrase "fake news" more than 170 times. Virtually every instance has been in response to critical news coverage.

I'd like to see the Trumpeters examine what was put forth in this article and refute the claims put forth by Politifact, but my prediction is that there will be a lot of deflection, some inane crap about Trump playing some sort of ultra-dimensional chess, and the inevitable 'But Hillary, but Obama' comments. No doubt Politifact will also be called the Liberal Press.

Perhaps there is nuance in the claims. The media do make errors, but they also make retractions. Seldom do we hear a Trumpeter making a retraction, and Trump himself, never.

Is it true that your Moses, your shining light, swamp-drainer extraordinaire Donald J. Trump is never wrong?

I highly doubt it.
edit on 12-12-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

+62 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wake me up when we don't meddle in other countries elections.

- Libertarian

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The story was just another part of the illusion created in order to maintain the status quo for certain warmongers in the U.S., give it another few years and no doubt the headlines will repeat it again, only using the next illusionary enemy like N. Korea or Iran etc.

Illusionary enemies are essential for a. a booming weapons industry and b. the U.S. quest to dominate the world, to the benefit of the few

+83 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

No, Trump denies that he colluded with Russia to win the election. And your misleading OP left out the fact that when Russia meddles in social media, they flood both sides to play up the division.

The story that Trump colluded with the Russians to steel the election IS a hoax. Don't try to move the goal post now.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

No, Trump denies that he colluded with Russia to win the election. And your misleading OP left out the fact that when Russia meddles in social media, they flood both sides to play up the division.

The story that Trump colluded with the Russians to steel the election IS a hoax. Don't try to move the goal post now.

No, every country and person meddles with social media and the point should always be raised when discussing it, most people while not being totally intelligent can make up their own mind.

Besides, it doesn't matter whether the Trump colluded with Russia anyway, at the end of the day whichever puppet it is makes no difference

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yup, year’s biggest lie told by the worlds most prolific and most documented liar.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

How can you be so sure? There seems to have been a lot of communication going on between Trump people and Russian agents.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

As someone who voted for neither I'm pretty sure just about every other person had their minds up who they were going to vote for in November.

Of 2015.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Funny america always meddles in everyone elses elections around the world . Yet dont see everyone in the countries america meddles in whinge half as much as americans do about their elections .

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In the meantime ....................

+54 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

How can you be so sure? There seems to have been a lot of communication going on between Trump people and Russian agents.

Lets see,

• a fake dossier is paid for by Hillary Clinton Lawyer
  • Fake dossier is used to get FISA warrants for the opponent of the incumbent presidents party
  • Incumbent presidents people illegally unmask US citizens
  • Dems loose anyway
  • Special investigator is created
  • Special investigator stacks team with people who donated to Hillary Clinton
  • Special investigator stacks team with FBI agents who have been caught being ANTI Trump pro hillary
  • Same FBI agents are found out and demoted
  • Same FBI agents may be the same one who took the fake dossier to get the FISA warrant
  • Investigation goes on for a year with leaks everyday but not one iota of evidence of any collusion
  • All based on a fake dossier that includes info about Trump and Russian hookers peeing on beds.

Yea, seems legit.....

• +2 more 
    posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:18 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Throes

- Libertarian

The United States is now suffering because of its meddling in the affairs of other nations. The same will be true of Russia.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
    link   

On the other hand, Paul Manafort.

+7 more 
    posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:20 AM
    link   
    A group of people have told and perpetuated a lie. Just like the lie of Hillary ( is going to win)
    Now here you are keeping it going.
    The only person I saw interfering with an election was Barack H Obamakins The worst president in history.
    Prepare to watch your world fall apart when the real news comes in just like when Hillary got spanked

+4 more 
    posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:21 AM
    link   

originally posted by: DJW001
    The United States is now suffering because of its meddling in the affairs of other nations. The same will be true of Russia.

As soon as Russia has a legitimate election I'm sure they'll start worrying about it.

"Why you no vote Putin? Try again comrade."

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:23 AM
    link   
    a reply to: visitedbythem

Sorry, I'm not going to call you a racist or misogynist. Nice try, though.

+14 more 
    link   
    Show me proof they altered voting machines. Otherwise this Russia Russia stuff means diddlypoodoo. Russia didn't sway anyones mind on who to vote for. That was all on ole' Hillary.

pffff "meddling"

+1 more 
    link   

originally posted by: Throes

- Libertarian

And what happens to the collaborators in those other countries you meddle in? I'll give you a hint...there's often a bullet fee to the surviving family.

Treason IS treason.

+10 more 
    posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:24 AM
    link   
    Russia influenced the minds of millions therefore Hilldog lost?

Maybe we should focus on the mind manipulation/propaganda put out by Hilldog and her cronies? Why not look at the entire media and their propaganda pushing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join