It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI's McCabe 'has an Ohr problem,' will not testify on Tuesday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Wonder how often these "scheduling problems" happen....

Seems this one is rather convenient for McCabe attempting to get his story right.

Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who was reportedly scheduled to testify behind closed doorsin front of the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, will instead meet next week due to a "scheduling error," Department of Justice officials told Fox News.

McCabe’s testimony was likely to, at least in part, focus on Peter Strzok’s role in the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Strzok is a former deputy to the assistant director at the FBI who was removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's staff after Mueller learned Strzok had exchanged anti-Trump texts with a colleague.

House investigators previously told Fox News they have long regarded Strzok as a key figure in the chain of events when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump “dossier,” which launched a counterintelligence investigation into possible Russian meddling in the election.

But then they add this little tidbit....

“This was a routine scheduling error after the dates were switched on an internal email that we are happy to provide the committee,” a Justice Department official told Fox News. “The FBI regrets the error, and we look forward to making both witnesses (the alleged FBI handler for Christopher Steele and McCabe) available prior to the Christmas recess."

So they had 2 scheduling errors that happened for 2 people that were supposed to talk? Convenient!

McCabe has an Ohr problem,” one Congressional source said. 

The supposition is that Justice Department officials realized McCabe would face questions about Ohr and he is not prepared to respond.

The committee is prepared to subpoena all Justice Department documents and records related to the scheduling debacle, the source said. The committee is also prepared to subpoena McCabe to compel his testimony later this week. 

Some Capitol Hill sources have expressed reservations that McCabe could retire before various Congressional investigators get to him.

Seems more likely this is about Ohr....and if McCabe retires prior to this all being hashed out, well that would be convenient as well I guess....wondering if we start seeing a cascade of retiring intelligence folks soon....

Source

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Wonder how often these "scheduling problems" happen....

Seems this one is rather convenient for McCabe attempting to get his story right.

Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who was reportedly scheduled to testify behind closed doorsin front of the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, will instead meet next week due to a "scheduling error," Department of Justice officials told Fox News.

McCabe’s testimony was likely to, at least in part, focus on Peter Strzok’s role in the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Strzok is a former deputy to the assistant director at the FBI who was removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's staff after Mueller learned Strzok had exchanged anti-Trump texts with a colleague.

House investigators previously told Fox News they have long regarded Strzok as a key figure in the chain of events when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump “dossier,” which launched a counterintelligence investigation into possible Russian meddling in the election.

But then they add this little tidbit....

“This was a routine scheduling error after the dates were switched on an internal email that we are happy to provide the committee,” a Justice Department official told Fox News. “The FBI regrets the error, and we look forward to making both witnesses (the alleged FBI handler for Christopher Steele and McCabe) available prior to the Christmas recess."

So they had 2 scheduling errors that happened for 2 people that were supposed to talk? Convenient!

McCabe has an Ohr problem,” one Congressional source said. 

The supposition is that Justice Department officials realized McCabe would face questions about Ohr and he is not prepared to respond.

The committee is prepared to subpoena all Justice Department documents and records related to the scheduling debacle, the source said. The committee is also prepared to subpoena McCabe to compel his testimony later this week. 

Some Capitol Hill sources have expressed reservations that McCabe could retire before various Congressional investigators get to him.

Seems more likely this is about Ohr....and if McCabe retires prior to this all being hashed out, well that would be convenient as well I guess....wondering if we start seeing a cascade of retiring intelligence folks soon....

Source

Bastards.

I doubt retiring will protect them.

After Lerner, they hopefully learned a lesson.

How about Ohr's wife?! She works for Fusion GPS!

Mark does a nice summery. He goes over a lot of stuff and names.

It's getting fairly complicated on who's who.

Robert Mueller is the Democrats' impeachment stalking horse.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Is America sinking in its own corruption of greed now?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

not surprised
more bs from the bs bunker
the truth will come out

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Tick tock, tick tock tick tock!!!!

I am looking forward to McCabe going down, he should decide flip sooner than later, seems Clintoncide is an option that many decide to take when in his situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Tick tock, tick tock tick tock!!!!

I am looking forward to McCabe going down, he should decide flip sooner than later, seems Clintoncide is an option that many decide to take when in his situation.

He would have to turn something over on the Clintons to get any sort of deal I'd think. To have a FBI official so high up doing things like this is going to rock the whole agency.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No surprise McCabe is trying to crawl into a hole and hide. What we learned about Ohr's wife is huge. Now it appears that, not only did the FBI know the Steele Dossier was fake, but they may have had a hand in creating it! If the dossier was used to get FISA warrants (and the FBI's stonewalling suggests it was), then several agents could be facing criminal conspiracy charges.

Depending on who knew what when, any of the following agents now have potential criminal exposure: James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Robert Mueller, and all members of his team.

The probe is dead. We just haven't found its body yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Damn I love the fact that the liberal narrative is collapsing everyday.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

this would be bad if the fbi did this to a common criminal....
the fbi did this to the sitting administrations political opposition....they actively sought to undermine our democracy, and through the "special prosecutor" continue to overturn the results of the 2016 election
this is madness

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Everyday a new story about the partisan hacks involved in the "justice" system comes out.

"Justice"

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

the fbi did this to the sitting administrations political opposition....they actively sought to undermine our democracy, and through the "special prosecutor" continue to overturn the results of the 2016 election
this is madness

Yep and under whose watch did this happen?

Obama.

Look for him and his cronies to claim he had no idea about the dossier or fisa warrants or an investigation into trumps team.

Well, until he heard it on the news.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Funny. I had people in ats tell me that the fbi is not stonewalling the oversight committee.

Have they ever spoken on why strzok was demoted?

Have they told the committee what they presented to the fisa court?

Now we have McCabe backing out of his testimoney.

But we are to believe this is no big deal.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

this is madness

Obama.

Look for him and his cronies to claim he had no idea about the dossier or fisa warrants or an investigation into trumps team.

this story alone will relegate him to the ash heap of history
the ends do not justify the means

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

this is madness

Obama.

this story alone will relegate him to the ash heap of history
the ends do not justify the means

If that dossier was used for fisa warrants, it should also relegate him to prison.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

do you think it will reach that high?
while i think he knew exactly what was going on, i also think he was smart enough to insulate himself from "the minutia" of the process
i do think lynch and clapper are in play, and rogers meeting with trump is vastly more important than we will ever know
www.npr.org...

GREENE: Nevertheless, Bamford says Trump could be considering Rogers to be his next director of national intelligence. Was it appropriate for someone who is within the military chain of command to meet with the incoming president without telling the current commander in chief?
BAMFORD: I don't know what the rules are, but it certainly is unethical, I would think, to quietly sneak off to New York and meet with an incoming administration without even having the courtesy of telling them that you're going to do it.
GREENE: Might that tell us something about tensions that exist between Mike Rogers and President Obama?
BAMFORD: I've never seen that there's really that much in terms of tensions. I think there was disappointment in his tenure, and they were about to fire him. You know, there are two things that he could have gone up to New York for. One was to see if he could keep his current job, and the second thing would be to take the director of National Intelligence. That was really the only two options he had open to him.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Of course it won't reach Obama.

He is still useful to the dems.

So we will once again be told he was just a bumbling fool that has no idea what was going on.

Despite the fact that we know he was laxing res to get negative info about trump spread to as many agents as possible.

Despite the fact we know he was telling allied countries that trump had shady connections to russia.

No he will squirm away.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Retirement would not prevent a Congressional supeona. Comey testified after he was fired so retirement should not be a concern, maybe a suspicious suicide. This isn't going away and he will answer eventually

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But we are to believe this is no big deal.
It would not be a big deal in a banana republic which could be argued the US really is .At this point it seems the USA lives or dies but it sure can't continue the same old same old ...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh god, as a German I read the title and wondered why they put the word 'ear' in German. So I went into the thread to see if there is some kind of conspiracy about it and none of the posts made sense to me.
It took me until someone said that they have problems with Ohr [not his or an Ohr], that I started to suspect it may be a name...
That's what happens when you write an OP assuming everyone around the world knows what you are on about.

Getting me coat now...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

wondering if we start seeing a cascade of retiring intelligence folks soon....
IMO some of the swamp creatures, those that can't stand the light of day, will simply self drain. That'll make the job easier/cheaper and I suspect we'll see a fair amount of it. There are many ways to drain a swamp.

a reply to: Hecate666
LOL that's too funny. I feel your pain, I have problems with typos and abbreviations. Typos can be funny but abbreviations drive me nuts. People assume everyone knows exactly what the letters stand for. Just to amuse myself I make up silly crap while I go search for the meaning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join