It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers to check interstellar body for signs of alien technology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No you have NOT seen lots of rocks (asteroids) of this size and proportion. Your incredulity is not rationally skeptical, it is neurotic.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The investigation is not complete , according to this link provided below.

After its discovery was announced last month, a project called Breakthrough Listen, dedicated to finding signs of extraterrestrial intelligence, said it would study the rock for artificial signals. "No such signals have been detected" by its network of telescopes, the project said Thursday, adding: "the analysis is not yet complete".

phys.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: inuk2600

No you have NOT seen lots of rocks (asteroids) of this size and proportion. Your incredulity is not rationally skeptical, it is neurotic.
Your straw argument is noted. I did not say that.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder how we're going to hail it maybe "Aloha "
Maybe it's a big giant red emerald, are they not like the same shape ?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It's funny because you are the one who made the strawman argument about seeing lots of long rocks. Presumably you were applying it to asteroids. But we dont see asteroids of those proportions.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: coursecatalog

Actually it most remind's me of this, as you know the Apollo 20 hoax was to distract and discredit real interest in a potential very real object of some description.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I read about this yesterday and I only have one word...Weird.

Comets can be spotted from millions of miles away, and while there are rogue asteroids they are usually picked up and catalogued.

However I don't like the idea of just searching it for radio emissions. Searching for long radio wavelengths would be pointless as the universe is full of them so that's a needle in a haystack, maybe some on the wavelength of Wi-Fi but then the could be other astral bodies that emit those as well. The wavelength and amplitude would have to be completely unique and unlike any natural occurring object.

If it were up to me I'd use infrared. Any manufactured device that has a 'brain' i.e computers, smartphones, playstations generate heat so i'd start there, then I'd check radio emissions and see they resemble the hertz that comes from a CPU.

But the good news is it's unidentified, it's flying, and it's an-I think you know where this is going.

edit on 15-12-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I don't think that the fact that its not emitting any radio waves or radiation is enough for us to conclude that its not alien. This thing has been drifting in space for millions of years, if it is s ship it might be totally inert and the crew long dead, if there is in fact a crew and its not a robot ship. The only real way to tell would be to image it, although its probably too far to image with radar.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Astronomers to check interstellar body for signs of alien technology

Looks like a space rock to me.

edit on 16-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Seems to look like a space rock to them too, but it doesn't hurt to check.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join