It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence machine can identify 2 BILLION people in seconds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Phage

Yep and they carry badges and guns.

No, all the criminals are executed.

Not just criminals .
edit on 12-12-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

No, thats not a good thing. Thats some kind of Orwellian nightmare headed our way.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It has nothing to add for two billion people in one second.
So now you know I am who I am.
Great thinking supercomputer.
Now get lost before I hack you and turn you off for ever.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah, we sill soon be prisoners of those who control the technology. It is starting to sound like a Sci-fi thriller. One where every single thing we do will be monitored. Already they can remotely access the camera and speaker on people's cell phones. It hasn't been a problem yet, but in the next few years I feel the laws will change.

Oh? A change of laws is required? The immediate past history hasn't shown laws to be restrictive to achieve the desired results. Don't worry, man, the required changes will be tucked into changes in the Patriot Act (or not).

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Two things are possible and neither of their results are good:

One. China stole this technology from the US. Which means the US has had this technology for a while now and have been actively using it.

Two. China came up with it on their own. Which means that the NSA and other interested parties have been using this technology for quite some time now. Given their resources it is likely to be true.

Either scenario is not a good thing for us. Either scenario we end up with two very important questions: How long have they been looking at us with this tech? How do we stop it?
edit on 12 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
A good twist to the story: NO MORE AMBER ALERTS necessary.

Just feed it a pic of the missing child and lean back, waiting for the AI to *ding*.

That is something which would make me reconsider.

Of course, Bad Big Brother.
Nevertheless: it will come. Much too useful for governments!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Totalitarian governments, maybe any government now a days - To affirm how powerful it is - might want to convince you

that it knows who you are, where you are, and what you are doing.

Maybe one day they will - But for now this is wishful thinking - Science fiction !!!

Accurate facial recognition of thousands of people maybe - millions doubtful - billions no

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

There is one way to avoid detection:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
It has nothing to add for two billion people in one second.
So now you know I am who I am.
Great thinking supercomputer.
Now get lost before I hack you and turn you off for ever.

Computers don't serve mankind, they serve their masters.

The master controllers want to know what you are doing every minute of every day so they can charge you fees and fine you if you get out of line.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Dragonfly Eye. Clever. They must be super duper stoked.

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Actually you can do old battleship style facepaint:

beautyblitz.com...
edit on 12-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

This system will just get better over time and when it moves to identifying behavior then you're getting into pre-crime.

This system is searching a database (of 2 billion facial images) and finding a match for your face (if yours is the face they are searching for).

That's why everyone needs to start wearing one of these. I did and no one knows who I am.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This technology will be used for nefarious control and/or metadata collection purposes. Keeping in mind that taken to its logical conclusion any AI we create will eventually become sentient thats probably not the best of skillsets to be starting off with.

When AI can feed, house, accommodate and calculate the needs of 2 BILLION people in seconds, that's when ile be impressed.

edit on 12-12-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Just don't be visiting any banks or building societies masked, as it could ruin your day in ways im sure you can imagine, good intentioned or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Don't forget sunglasses. Facial recognition measures the distance between pupils.

Sunglasses won't help. It will just extrapolate from your cheekbones to find a close approximation while measuring the other dozen or so parameters it uses to find a match.

Again, it's not perfect at the moment, but it'll likely improve.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join