It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump signs directive ordering NASA to return to the moon and beyond

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

"This time, we will not only plant our flag and leave our footprint, we will establish a foundation for an eventual mission to Mars and, perhaps someday, to many worlds beyond,"

President Trump signs directive ordering NASA to return to the moon and beyond

I think this is great news and a breath of fresh air to see on the news even though it was for second.

Take a look at the negative comments in NASA’s Tweet. Also CNN had to (much to their distaste) air the announcement for a minute, only to bury it and quickly go desperately back to something anti Trump about Nikki Haley saying accusers have a right to speak out. Etc, etc. President Trump drinking 12 diet cokes a day etc etc.

Apparently we can’t have anything concerning space exploration on MSM, if it must, it gets brushed away fast.

But here it is in case some miss it.

edit on 11-12-2017 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

It isn't space exploration, its politics.

This is a good thing, but all the Trump haters can do is be reactionary.

I've been waiting for someone to give NASA the boost it needs and the direction it desperately lacked for decades. I thought Obama would be on board with that kind of initiative, but he was not, and never did anything with NASA worth mentioning.

Now that Trump is doing it space exploration is bad.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I hope he's going to give them the money to do it or they may have to cut more important programs , going to the Moon aint going to be cheap.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great stuff. Get out into the great unknown once again. Reboot the wonder of space! We need it!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I hope he's going to give them the money to do it or they may have to cut more important programs , going to the Moon aint going to be cheap.

Planetary Society

NASA seems to be doing well with an almost 20 billion dollar budget, and additional earmarks for certain missions, which better the previous administrations' efforts.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Give it some time and we will be able to fund this using Crypto!!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Planetary Society

NASA seems to be doing well with an almost 20 billion dollar budget, and additional earmarks for certain missions, which better the previous administrations' efforts.

Good the GOP finally are letting the funding go through now that Obama is out of office.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
thats awesome.
as a stupid person i dont know if juice is worth the squeeze when it comes to space exploration.
lots of cash. payoff in how long? budget comes from where type of thinking.

but im a nerd so i want space exploration. i know i will never see the ability to go to mars and neither will my daughter but for the human race i feel like this is good.
we need to be out there checking # out.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't believe we ever stopped going to the moon.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just wait for the SJW's to complain about how all that research money could be used to feed the poor and homeless as they usually do.

I think this is great news. We never really got down to exploring the subterranean moon. We know there are lava tubes that extend to the surface, but not what is inside them. To explore these areas and other craters to see if there is usable water.
edit on 11-12-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Perhaps once and for all we can get an answer to: the flat earth, did we go to the moon, aliens on the moon, the moon is artificial, and few dozen of those other crazy YouTube videos.
I wish Jim Mars had lived to see this, I miss his sharp wit.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I will enjoy the hours of watching tv again. Only now in full hd. Must be spectacular. But it was worth it to see it in black and white.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I don't believe we ever stopped going to the moon.

this can be used to reveal some tech we had a long time by saying its new. still not gonna explore the dark side.yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Moon is interesting... but Mars is a over the top crapshoot waste of time (super duper far away + antibacterial soil chemistry + complete lack of electromagneto shield).

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Shortly after NASA lands on the Moon, it is rumored construction will begin on a new Trump Tower. Maybe we will even be able to look up through our telescopes and see the golden letters twinkling in the sunlight.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Looks like another legendary lie from the American left has been debunked.

What ever happened to Trump cutting off all funding and shutting down NASA? This is a major expansion, post-Clinton, post-Bush and post-Obama.

Looks like it was given a huge boost, not the axe.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That would be a sight to behold.

Ever been inside a Trump tower? I went to a Starbucks on the 2nd level of his NY property.

Palatial.
edit on 12/11/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Launch a hobby rocket into space, with a go-pro attached.

Of course you'll need the appropriate recovery instruments (GPS, GLONASS, flare, beacon, something) but for ~$2000.00 one can verify the Earth is indeed globular.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It isn't space exploration, its politics.

This is a good thing, but all the Trump haters can do is be reactionary.

I've been waiting for someone to give NASA the boost it needs and the direction it desperately lacked for decades. I thought Obama would be on board with that kind of initiative, but he was not, and never did anything with NASA worth mentioning.

Now that Trump is doing it space exploration is bad.

Obama did do something. I remember doing a thread on it; about the Obama initiative to explore the solar system.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Go to the moon makes the geek in me warm and fuzzy, but that same geek has to look at the reality. It is too damn expensive with current technology.

I really believe we need a moon base, but before that, we need new materials that can build a space elevator. Until such materials can be produced such an endeavor is wasting money and resources. Instead of spending 2 billion on a moon rocket they should spend it on RND of materials like graphene.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join