It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore wins election. . . Polls Wrong. . . The Trump Paradox

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: underwerks
I find it weird that people want to dance a victory dance because a grown man that's been known to date 14 year olds wins an election.

But, whatever.

At this point, I'm convinced most of the Trump/Roy Moore supporters have absolutely no idea what they are even arguing about. Just what the provided narrative leads them to believe.

I'm not doing the dance of victory for Moore, just doing it if I'm right.

No matter what small legislative victory is gained through Moore winning it will be overshadowed by the cultural stain this will leave on the republican party.

The winning by any means meme the right has been relying on only works for so long, then it becomes apparent to everyone that the winning was all that mattered, not what and who you were supposed to be winning for.

And by that time, you're a caricature of what you're supposed to stand for.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I hope moore wins....that way us democrats can have side by side pictures and the sound bites of trump and moore, in EVERY campaign against EVERY republican running in 2018

Maybe you haven't been paying attention...

If Moore wins (spoiler alert - Trump already won), then that means the soundbites are irrelevant.

If the soundbites were relevant... neither would've won. Remains to be seen with respect to Moore.

I haven't paid much attention to accusations on either side of the aisle, but I'm guessing Moore loses.

Lastly...don't act as if there are no Dem soundbites following them around. Come on man, it's politics. Closets be dirty!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The more the Republican and president Trumps agenda is advanced, the smaller the stain becomes.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

The party of morality ladies and gentlemen.

*slow clap*

It is funny how the left lived in sh@t for decades from Hollywood to Washington, and you decide to to stand up still covered in Sh@t to just point at everyone else around you screaming SH@TTERS!!

I don't think it really works that way...

edit on 11-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ask woody Allen.
He's still running free

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: underwerks

The more the Republican and president Trumps agenda is advanced, the smaller the stain becomes.

It's not surprising to me that a Trump supporter would believe political achievements should obscure pedophilia.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you're right, I'll do the victory dance with you. I'll even wear the funky get-up. Just don't ask me to forego my Stetson.

I'm looking at it a different way: back when the allegations were first made, Moore took a dive in the polls to the point were it was winnable for Jones. Then his numbers began to climb as he responded to the allegations using his attorneys to point out holes in them. He has gotten to +9 points in one recent poll, almost back to where he was before the allegations.

But Fox is showing him at -10. That's an anomaly; even they admit so. Why?

It's ridiculously easy to skew a poll. Just phrase your questions differently or select a different area code and the results will swing wildly. That's why certain polls are typically more accurate than others: they pay more attention to the wording of the questions and try to get a good cross section.

Now consider it is December... it's cold outside. People have jobs to go to. This is a special election, with only the one office on the ballot. It's easy for people to make the decision to not bother voting, especially if they are assured their candidate will win. But, if you're not sure who is going to win, there's more of a need to get to the polls.

In simple words, I think Fox intentionally skewed their poll to get the Moore vote out.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
And if he wins, and is guilty of what he's accused of?

Anything goes as long as you all are *winning*, right?

The party of morality ladies and gentlemen.

*slow clap*
nope. If proven after he is elected then we castrate him and then remove him from office just like all the other proven perverts being exposed. Like Franken, Conyers andPelosi.

We are castrating them i hope!
Especially if it's a republican.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Tell me you're not rooting for Moore?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think Moore is a perfect representation of the Party of "Family Values"!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, last I heard all the women who've come out against Moore are Republicans. They vote Republican and they voted for Trump. So what is it they have to gain in this? It's clearly not a political hack job.

Btw, these women are everyday Americans who probably can't afford to take Moore to court over a lawsuit. Now if some lawyers take their case free of charge (you know, they get a cut if they win) then that's a different story.

Perhaps Moore is a man who trolled for underage girls and his dirty laundry is airing out because Tis the Season for sexual predators to be outed!
edit on 11-12-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I hope moore wins....that way us democrats can have side by side pictures and the sound bites of trump and moore, in EVERY campaign against EVERY republican running in 2018
by 2018 only muslims, laraza and women with pussyhats will dare to call themselves democrats

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I imagine being in that area, if you are gonna vote Dem - - you probably keep very quiet about it.

Based on every past election in Bama, the Dems keep especially quiet about it on election day. Seriously, this is going to turn out identical to how Utah went last November... leading up to election Day Trump was narrowly winning in many polls, but others showed him losing to McMullin... election day results: Trump by over 18% of the vote, significantly out performing even his most generous pre-election day polling results.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'll be doing no victory dances over a Moore win, but I will breathe an uneasy sigh of relief over avoidance of the alternative.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It's the only thing they know how to do but the sad thing is they can't even do that right.

This statement applies more to Trump than the media! The media will at least apologize or correct themselves when they get it wrong. When was the last time Trump apologized for his false allegations?

The only time I heard him apologize was for the groping incident. Oh wait, I take that back, he now alleges that was fake.
Billy Bush who was there even says the Access Hollywood tape was real.

You Trump supporters have tunnel vision. You continue to support a president who is a pathological liar yet point your finger at the media when they at least back-up what they say with video and recordings of Trump's own words coming out of the horses mouth and his own tweets!

Wake-up already! Nothing like supporting a president who lacks any kind of moral conscience and has "0" credibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Agreed.

Dems use inflated polling to demoralize the opposition and run with false narratives (look at the 2016 election for examples)
Righties need to show up in droves, especially since the Dems will be bussing people in.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Wake-up already! Nothing like supporting a president who lacks any kind of moral conscience and has "0" credibility.

0 credibility but he became potus.
🤔

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

There is no groping incident.

There is an audio tape that was recorded by someone trying to harm his reputation or blackmail him (clearly, why else record it?). Chances are Bush steered the narrative to something of that nature, and capitalized on Trump's loose lips.

Either way, that tape isn't nearly enough to bring criminal charges since there aren't even any victims alleged in the tape. It is idle conversation. How do you know he wasn't talking about a consensual encounter, exactly? You don't. No one knows. Therefore it is useless.

Unlike the Dem's hit job against Al Franken, we don't suicide our own people without due process. Not even strong evidence backed by 100 accusers is enough - due process demands the charges play out. And not in the kangaroo court of public opinion, either.

If there is a crime backed by credible evidence, then prosecute it. Otherwise, it means nothing and is political mud being slung by the opposition.

I'm really surprised Dems fell for the GOP's ploy with Franken/Conyers - hook, line and sinker.

Franken may have been "opposition" from where I stand, but I've always (and still do) admire his tenacity and will to fight for what he believes in. I think a lot of his beliefs are total garbage (runaway authoritarian feminism, anti-gun, anti-free speech, etc) but I still respect the fact that he was wiling to get in the fight anytime he felt his deepest convictions were being challenged.

I couldn't stand Conyers, so good riddance. But anyone who thinks these two weren't GOP hit jobs is mistaken. I'm truly still in shock so many Dem leaders fell for that gambit. We would never ask our own to step down over mere allegations of non-criminal activity. It must be a crime, it must be backed with credible evidence and the defendant must be afforded due process.

To make things sweeter, hysterical feminists like Kristen Gillibrand (who were formerly front runners for 2020) are now the subject of an intense Democratic civil war and the object of ire of many on the left. Well, I hear your pain my former Dem compatriots. That is why I left the party last year. Never looked back, either.

edit on 12/11/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Btw, these women are everyday Americans who probably can't afford to take Moore to court over a lawsuit. Now if some lawyers take their case free of charge (you know, they get a cut if they win) then that's a different story.

That's how most trial lawyers work...on a contingency basis.

And, in the case of Beverly Nelson...she managed to somehow retain Gloria Allred's *legal* services for nothing more than a PR campaign against Moore. Wonder what's in it for Allred?

edit on 12/11/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Mr. Cowboy, after seeing that video, I hope you win

edit on 11-12-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join