It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore wins election. . . Polls Wrong. . . The Trump Paradox

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The day before the election, some polls have Doug Jones 10 points ahead of Roy Moore.

All that does is tell me that Roy Moore is going to win.

Why?

The Trump Paradox.

The media has been relentless on Moore. Right or wrong, they have been on Moore like white on rice. And the people of Alabama aren't stupid. They don't want to be publically for someone who is caricatured so poorly in the media.

So they lie.

They lie like the rug on top of my head.

They lie and the media perpetuates the lie, thus generating more lies, then reported by the media.

It's a big lying feedback loop.

Just like little Donny Trumplings.

Christ! It's been just a year and people have forgotten.

So good or bad, right or wrong. . . a full day before the election, I'm calling it for Judge Roy "Call me Spanky" Moore.

If I'm wrong, I will be back here to apologize.

If I'm right?

I will dance the victory dance of my peoples!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So they lie.

It's the only thing they know how to do but the sad thing is they can't even do that right.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I will dance the victory dance of my peoples!

I'm in
DANCE PARTY

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Was this divined with the power of positive drinking?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I was on the toilet actually.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well one can lead to the other.

link   
That paradox is far older than Trump. It was recognised in Britain decades ago as the "Shy Tory Syndrome", because the polls were always underestimating the right-wing vote. I believe pollsters began adjusting their results to allow for that, though they were caught out again in the Brexit vote.

link   
It'll be what it'll be.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
When it comes to political polls would be to take them with a grain of salt, and ultimately to get an idea on where the candidate sits, would be to take an average of all of the different polls and that usually gives a far better picture of accuracy. Saw a story today that did that and has Moore at 48% and Jones at 45%

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I have a prediction.

I predict that if Moore loses...we will hear no more about these accusations and none of the accusers will file defamation lawsuits against Moore.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It officially has a title now "The Trump Paradox".

Lol

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I have a prediction.

I predict that if Moore loses...we will hear no more about these accusations and none of the accusers will file defamation lawsuits against Moore.

I think you are likely right about that.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Does this mean you're going to abandon what we already had planned?

+10 more 
link   
And if he wins, and is guilty of what he's accused of?

Anything goes as long as you all are *winning*, right?

The party of morality ladies and gentlemen.

*slow clap*

+2 more 
link   
"Fox News Poll: Enthused Democrats give Jones lead over Moore in Alabama"

In other news...

"Enthused Democrats more likely to answer their phone and answer a bunch of questions from strangers"

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
And if he wins, and is guilty of what he's accused of?

Anything goes as long as you all are *winning*, right?

The party of morality ladies and gentlemen.

*slow clap*

I'll say it again. If I was an Alabama voter right now, I'd vote Moore. It's my only chance to get any representation. The Democrat there will not in any way, shape, or form represent anything about me if he makes it in. The only reason to vote for him is to deny Moore and not for any other reason. Then I'm stuck with half of a state delegation that votes against everything I believe in at the Federal level.

If I vote for Moore, he may represent my interests at least in some things, and if he doesn't get seated, we either have a new election where I have a chance of a candidate I can vote for who will represent me or the governor will appoint someone who will represent me (she's an R at least, so there's a better chance than there is with a radical D which is all teh Democrats put up these days).

If I actually want representation, those are my only hopes at the moment because these allegations were held until after a new candidate could be placed on the ballot.

For that alone, I would refuse to vote for the Democrat.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I find it weird that people want to dance a victory dance because a grown man that's been known to date 14 year olds wins an election.

But, whatever.

At this point, I'm convinced most of the Trump/Roy Moore supporters have absolutely no idea what they are even arguing about. Just what the provided narrative leads them to believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This Alabama voter is going to abstain tomorrow. I'm disgusted with the whole thing.

I don't want Moore and don't want Jones. It's not worth my time/gas to leave the house to vote 3rd party.

I'll just be glad at 7pm CST when I can stop having to hear the campaign ads.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I find it weird that people want to dance a victory dance because a grown man that's been known to date 14 year olds wins an election.

But, whatever.

At this point, I'm convinced most of the Trump/Roy Moore supporters have absolutely no idea what they are even arguing about. Just what the provided narrative leads them to believe.

Any other scum, no matter how awful, is better than Democrat.

That's pretty much what I take from all this.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IDK

Maybe like here in Arizona, the majority of people keep their "real" political choices to themselves.

I imagine being in that area, if you are gonna vote Dem - - you probably keep very quiet about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join