It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘If homosexuality is OK, so is pedophilia,’ former Oklahoma City mayor tells TV show

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Ill say this i think we need to start treating people with gender identity problems i read 41 percent attempt suicide and even after gender surgery that number doesnt decrease. That tells me gender reasignment doesnt help at all. Maybe its time to treat it as an ilness.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Electroshock?
Induced coma?
Lobotomy?

What do you recommend?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lithium might help.
guess the alternative is do nothing and they will kill themselves.
edit on 12/12/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Actually it does decrease after transitioning. The only reason some still feel that way is how they are treated by family members or the population in general. It sux being treated like a freak all the time.Fix everyone else's attitude and that problem goes away.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Young children aren't pumped full of crap. Parents aren't forcing their kids to be transgender against their will.

There have always been kids who knew their gender didn't match their body - they just used to suffer in silence. Many whose parents didn't understand or accept them attempted or committed suicide when they were old enough to figure out how, it was just never talked about as to why.

Unfortunately, there are still parents out there who ignore their kid's pleas for help - those are the kids in trouble. The kids whose parents accept their condition and get them some help are the happy ones.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
tl;dr at end

Lose the labels.
While I have no issues with gay people, they can do whatever the hell they want to do behind closed doors, we need to acknowledge that anything that is not the norm is always going to be an oddity to the greater majority, even if they accept it are or tolerant of it, or don't.
It's just purely science.

We need to separate personality and sexuality from biological gender. We should be able to discuss such things openly. regardless of views, as long as no one is being violent , or ruining other peoples lives, who cares who thinks what and whatever

Who cares what you are? Who needs to know? Not me. For me it is all about WHO you are.
Care what people think of me? I'll never want anyone elses permission or approval. Don't really care if you do not agree with me.
What I do in the bedroom has no bearing on how I behave in the workplace and public society. My sexual quirks are nobodies interest but my own.
I give others the same courtesy back. Go nuts, get freaky, but get a room. I say that to everyone. I don't want to see a straight couple making out in public anymore than I want to a gay couple, bisexuals, transexuals (call a spade a spade :p ) or some weirdo with their pet dog.

As long as it is consensual and you're not harming anyone else in the privacy of your own home and you're being considerate to those whom you have to share a public space.

You don't gotta agree with me or I you. Just gotta respect we each have our own minds and thoughts. Don't like what I say? Walk away. If I am uncomfortable with what you say I'll walk away for sure.
It serves no one to inflame the situation and get nasty and hateful over ideas.

You're all just other humans to me. I hate..... errr... I mean

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
And here in lies a couple of problems and why this peaceful co-existent thing isn't working.

The average person cannot help themselves. They just cannot keep their # to themselves.
They can give but they cannot take.

I'd say 8/10 gay guys and gals I know, you know they are gay because they will tell you every 5 minutes They force it on you, you have to hear about it every day all day and you cannot criticize and respond unless it completely agrees with the other persons point of view. Any thing less and you're some kind of "hateful slur here".
the other 2 you never hear what they are, you can maybe tell by how the talk and act. But it is never bought up they are gay. They're not gay, They're just Adam and Steve.
Adam and Steve are liked because they are judged on their merits. not their sexual choices or choice of pronouns.

It's the constant hypocrisy, and possibly most of all the annoyance of it all. That's right, I'll sit there all day over exaggerating my heterosexual manliness and telling you every 5 minutes how straight I am.

You're only human regardless of orientation, it would annoy you. If you annoy people and make them suffer, or make people feel inferior or unimportant of course they're gonna be against you.
And it is not just gays it is all humans these days regardless of race, gender or sexuality.

Stop telling people you're black, white, gay, straight, jewish, arabic, asian, bi, indian, republican, democrat, scientologist, American, African, Chinese, Australian. etc.

If people who cannot see the obvious want to know, they will ask you. If they are wrong politely correct them.
They're just words, no need to abuse and attack them.

And this is where many people are losing connectivity with their fellow man. These divisive labels.
How hard is it just to have men and women, me you and them. To be seen as and only referred to by name?
Why can your actions not be that which defines you and your judged by instead of some physical attribute or body motions?

Stop playing your cards please. All of you human beings.

Take responsibility for yourselves, stop pointing out the differences between yourself and everyone else, and focus on what you have in common.

I'm not religious. But do as you'd be done by seems pretty bloody simple.
But yeah, stop crying foul. If you give you can get, if you can judge you'll be judged.
If you're gonna force your lifestyle choices etc on others, expect it back in kind.
If you can use certain words so can I. If I cannot then that is not equality.
If you're going to act like an animal, expect to be treated like one.

Seems so damn simple and obvious. How is it people see so much fault in others and not see the exact same behavior in the mirror? How is not being just a decent human being and nothing more hard?
Blows my logical little mind.

Let's stop over complicating things with buzzwords and labels. Society needs clear defined rules and co-operation among it's citizens to thrive and advance.
Until we stop mixing biology, psychology and sexuality into a single thing and keep making an issue of it.

As for sexual lifestyles and choices let's again call a spade a spade. Look at things and discuss them civilly, logically and scientifically. keep emotions to a minimum.

The Pedo comparison.

A pedo is a pedo, a gay person is a gay person. They are identical in that both are outside the sexual (procreation male/female design that is the majority and the 'norm') but are also the same as those into BDSM, Polygamy, Beastiality, group sex, cuckolding, swinging, bisexuality, and a billion other things where anyone can claim they were "born this way"
So I think it is fair to compare them to, depending on context.

Evey person, gay straight or whatever will feel genetically compelled, others will learn or choose how they live. Pedos are no different to any other human being. *shock* *outrage*

No, hear me out!
Where pedos are different from any other healthy human with sexual kinks regardless of background, is consent.
A child cannot and should not be able to consent to relationships with adults as I am sure everyone of you would agree. And as a society it is up to us to ensure children are protected from those who would take advantage.

But pedos ARE 'born that way' regardless of why they are what they are, it's no different to why you are gay. You just are. Whether you chose it or it chose you.
There is always going to be someone who views it as abhorent.
Having sex with kids is evil.
Adults having consenual sex regardless of how messed up we think it is not evil.

That is the difference. The psychology and the physicality of it. How we deal with things

We can point out the physical, psychological, and biological differences between different breeds of dogs. We should be able to with humans also. As long as it is not being done to harm someone else and it is factual. Who cares?
All people are equal, but scientifically not all people are the same.

Anyways.
I have ranted long enough, hope I am getting my points across.

tl;dr get along, don't, just be an adult and don't make others miserable. Stop being divisive, and let's focus on the things that really matter as a whole species. Stop picking teams. Be truly equal.
If we don't just become ourselves the divide is gonna grow, along with the ignorance and lack of empathy for others.
But we gotta lose the politics of it all. When you're not being attacked in the street and you got the same rights and opportunities as anyone. Stop crying hard done by and put your hand out. Lifes hard for us all.
Surely we can tell what is good and evil, what helps mankind and what hinders it.
Let's come together and lose the labels.
edit on 12-12-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: posting issues

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
homosexual couples adopt adopt children just for this but do not worry, it's behind closed doors .and the process goes to the fact that they will eventually with impunity not only be able to rape but also kill and eat children
edit on 12/12/17 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

Wait what? the gays are bringing up kids so they can one day eat them?.
I know a few kids who are being brought up by gay folk and they just wanted to give a loving home to unlucky in life kids and no they have not turned the kids gay.
Why are you thinking being gay equals being a pedo?.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMZA
a reply to: GuidedKill

Oh i know it coming

To date not one member of the LBGTQTIACAPOWKRMFNTGOIWDHFJPAJSDLNWRFISDOFNSDFSDFSDFGUTNEIOERGVSODNWEFIOH+ community can explain to me why they don't accept pedophiles and people that are into bestiality.

So your real question is 'Am I too stupid to understand the difference between what consenting adults do, and those who are neither adults nor human, nor can they consent?'

We have a winner for the most imbecilic comment of the day.
edit on 12-12-2017 by bgerbger because: sheesh

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
this is my opinion within humanity hostile predatory clone and there is no such crime for which they are not capable. and the legalization of the right to adopt children is not their ultimate goal

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

For once,i agree with you totally and completely

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

why is it nonsense , considering children cant legally marry , have children , get a tattoo , smoke , drink , gamble , but they are completely ok to take hormones to change their sexuality because they are "smart" enough at that age to decide.
But arent adult enough to make those other decisions

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Electroshock?
Induced coma?
Lobotomy?

What do you recommend?

D) All of the above

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think perhaps what many on this thread are trying to say, and has been said many times is this:

One you accept the first sexual perversion as "normal", there is nothing stopping all the rest from eventually becoming "normal" as well.

If you believe homosexuality is normal, and people are born that way, then why do you not believe people who have pedophilia or bestiality or Necrophilia are also normal and born that way?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Electroshock?
Induced coma?
Lobotomy?

What do you recommend?

Something other than simply assuming that allowing them to live out their transition will fix the problem because statistics say that it doesn't.

If all it takes for them to avoid suicide in higher degree is to allow them to cosmetically and hormonally adopt the opposite gender, then you would see an impact, but there is none.

To me that suggests these are people who extremely unhappy with themselves in ways beyond simple gender dysphoria and that is not being addressed.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Were you 18 before you knew what gender you were?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Believe me, if they could completely pass as the gender they identify with, and their families and communities accepted them, the suicide rates wouldn't be any different than any other group of people.

There have been surveys of actual trans people and they have confirmed that the primary reasons they felt suicidal were abandonment by their family and mistreatment by the community. But you guys always seem to ignore what trans people have to say.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: sapien82

Were you 18 before you knew what gender you were?

Most boys and girls realize their private parts are different from each other around age 6. That is gender.

Sexual attractions don't start til later, around the puberty time frame.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Most children understand the concept of gender around age 2 or 3, even if they don't know about the anatomical differences yet.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join