It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘If homosexuality is OK, so is pedophilia,’ former Oklahoma City mayor tells TV show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Never mind the allegations of pedophilia and other sexual harrassment cases GOP members are facing and have faced, those gays you know? Those gays.

A former Oklahoma City mayor has drawn the ire of the LGBTQ community after controversial comments made on a political talk show. He not only stated that homosexuality is “wrong” but that its acceptance is a tacit endorsement of pedophilia.

During a heated discussion on Sunday about the slew of sexual harassment and assault allegations within the world of US politics, Co-Chairman of Oklahoma University's Board of Regents Kirk Humphreys challenged guest co-host, and Democratic representative, Emily Virgin.

www.rt.com...

Never understood this fixation from conservatives and religious zealots with what two consenting adults choose to do, choose to love. Remember it was only back in 2003 that we had the Supreme court case Lawrence V. Texas strike down sodomy laws typically associated with homosexuality. Bigotry still persists in mainstream conservativism even in light of sexual misconduct allegations facing current GOP members. Hypocrisy be damned.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

A former Oklahoma City mayor

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Oh and prostitution, beastiality, too...

All roads lead to Rome.

+53 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Meanwhile...convincing your child that it is trans and getting it on hormone therapy is not at all abuse.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As outlandish as this former mayors statement is....

It's coming.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The key in any relationship is it involves 2 consenting adults. pedophilia involves a predator and has nothing to do with sexuality. Liberals should not paint conservatives with such a broad brush as to be stereotypical.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

When #punchnazis became #punchpedos

!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And polygamy, my favorite. I think it's part of my genetic identity being in my family history. I was born this way. I have the polygamist gene.

I feel polygamist marriages will happen before animals, pederast and the last marriages will be pedophile marriages. It's only fair polygamist first since we were allready for if just a century ago. I think Warren Jeffs got a bad rap.

a reply to: intrptr

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Oh i know it coming

To date not one member of the LBGTQTIACAPOWKRMFNTGOIWDHFJPAJSDLNWRFISDOFNSDFSDFSDFGUTNEIOERGVSODNWEFIOH+ community can explain to me why they don't accept pedophiles and people that are into bestiality.

+17 more 
link   

originally posted by: TheMZA
Meanwhile...convincing your child that it is trans and getting it on hormone therapy is not at all abuse.

This statement is such nonsense, but it doesn't surprise me that it got a bunch of stars.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Never mind the allegations of pedophilia and other sexual harassment cases GOP members are facing and have faced,

While of course, we're expected to totally over look the sexual harassment cases Democrat members are facing and have faced.

And again, I'd have to ask.............Its Oklahoma! Really, and honestly.........WHO CARES? Where IS Oklahoma? What anyone in Oklahoma thinks or says will never, ever be of any harm to anyone on the "Coasts" and stop worrying that somehow some Oklahoma "bigot" is going to harm you in Boston or NYC..........they couldn't FIND Boston or NYC and any of them smart enough to find those cities aren't dumb enough to go there!

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What a moron!!!

I remember having a philosophy teacher one ask this question.

He said that 50 or 60 years ago homosexuality in western culture was frowned upon as much as pedophilia is today so then could it be that in another 50 or 60 years could our views on pedophila also change.

That teacher lost his job because of his internet history, if you understand my meaning.

So basically I don’t trust anyone who ever tries to argue that pdeophila is ever going to be ok.

It’s sick.

It’s also really sick to compare it to homosexuality.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Former mayor huh... that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

There are so many predator type in the past of the GOP reaching this far down is pretty weak.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Never mind the allegations of pedophilia and other sexual harassment cases GOP members are facing and have faced,

While of course, we're expected to totally over look the sexual harassment cases Democrat members are facing and have faced.

And again, I'd have to ask.............Its Oklahoma! Really, and honestly.........WHO CARES? Where IS Oklahoma? What anyone in Oklahoma thinks or says will never, ever be of any harm to anyone on the "Coasts" and stop worrying that somehow some Oklahoma "bigot" is going to harm you in Boston or NYC..........they couldn't FIND Boston or NYC and any of them smart enough to find those cities aren't dumb enough to go there!

So all people from Oklahoma are idiots? Are you really making that statement?

Who is the idiot now?

+11 more 
link   

You do know there's a difference between sexuality and sexual orientation, right? You're doing the same as this tool. Equating two things that have nothing to do with each other.

As to this guy:

link   

originally posted by: Saiker
The key in any relationship is it involves 2 consenting adults. pedophilia involves a predator and has nothing to do with sexuality. Liberals should not paint conservatives with such a broad brush as to be stereotypical.

You are confusing sex and attraction. Most men are sexually attracted to beautiful models but many settle for their fat wives.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

How do people like you actually function day to day with stupid ideas like this

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No, i was simply pointing out that convincing a child to have sex with you as an adult is undoubtedly wrong but convincing your child it is trans and pumping it full of hormones is perfectly okay.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You do know there's a difference between sexuality and sexual orientation, right? You're doing the same as this tool. Equating two things that have nothing to do with each other.

As to this guy:

While they may be apples and oranges the poster has a point.

Maybe for a different thread but still a point.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
i am triggered by your belief that there can only be 2. Aaaaand, language is getting tricky. The definition of adult will have to change soon. SIRI will be only adult in the room soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join