It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN mocked for airing segment on Trump's soda consumption while NYC faced terror attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

At 8:45 a.m. ET a law enforcement official told reporters, including the Associated Press, that a man had a pipe bomb strapped to him when it went off on a New York City subway platform. That was roughly the same time that CNN was in the middle of a segment that featured the chyron, “NYT Report: Trump drinks a dozen diet cokes per day,” while a large graphic promoting Tuesday’s Election Night in Alabama took up a significant portion of the screen.

Viewers quickly took notice. Media crisis guru Yossi Gestetner tweeted, “More than an hour after the pipe-bomb story broke, CNN was busy with Trump’s diet Coke,” while another viewer asked, “Why are you talking about this!”

CNN mocked for airing segment on Trump's soda consumption while NYC faced terror attack

CNN is really phoning it in these days.

While other networks were covering the attempted bombing at the NY Port Authority this morning, CNN apparently felt that what the American public needed to hear about was... how Trump drinks too much Diet Coke. While perusing the news headlines earlier, I saw a link to a CNN story (dated today) talking about Trump's diet being unhealthy. Of course I couldn't be bothered clicking on it, and now as I go to CNN's website I can't find the story on their front page.

Granted, I fully agree with Diet Coke being unhealthy. It tastes like industrial waste. But where was the guy who's in charge of hitting the "Breaking News Alert" button? (Or was he the Bangladeshi guy with the pipe bomb?
)

edit on 11-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh great, now all the simpletons are going to follow suit. Brace for incoming stories from HuffPo and Buzzfeed about how if you drink diet coke you are racist.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

CNN is a domestic-based terrorist organization. Naturally they will ignore a failed attempt by one of their terrorist colleagues.

Spouting Anti-America / Anti-President destructive propaganda is now their primary mission.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They just need a little time to spin the story to make the bomber the actual victim and this is somehow all Trump's fault.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It was probably a pre-recorded segment. Too busy recording next weeks news. CNN isn't capable of doing live coverage. Silly CNN.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
They only cover stories that promotes their political agenda.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Diet coke?!!!

I have lost all respect for the man.

Thanks CNNews!!!

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

WTF!

Trump was drinking soda pop while New Yorkers were under attack from Trump voters?

Thanks CNN for telling the TRUTH!

/s

(just in case someone missed the sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nothing's more american than coca cola........and muslim terrorists.

The last part is a bit new, but I think has all the same warm feelings as apple pie, baseball and of course america's favorite soft drink, Coca Cola.

It's a new age, time to get on board and CNN will lead us there.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Eeewww. Diet coke. Why not regular coke with the cane sugar? All the money he has and he chooses the worst tasting of the Cokes. We used to have bottles of coke made with real sugar and lots more syrup up here about six or seven years ago. The Corporation told the UP bottling company that they had to use their exact recipe and needed to buy a pile of technology to guarantee it was exactly like the stuff in the cans. Glass bottles and all. Since they would have had to triple their price, they abandoned the bottling. They could have still made their own brand made with coke syrup though, but they tried that and people did not buy that very much, just because the coke label was not on it. So, I guess they quit. A bunch of beer manufacturers took over the local bottling market here now, we must have five brewerys.

Just think of the Hay Day the Left would have if Trump had a bottle or can of beer with his burger. Poor guy, I think he was nuts to even want that job. Why would someone who has so much want to be slammed for all the enjoyable stuff he likes to do. Look at Obama, he used to smoke and had to give it up because he was president. That is about the time he lost all his wisdom and became a puppet who could not comprehend the right direction to go into. He followed the big money after that. He was BSed that the version of Obamacare he was told would work would keep costs down. Yeah, it was authored by the medical industry and Pharma industries.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Why are they getting bashed for this?

After all, they are CNN....

The Coke News Network. I don't see a problem!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well at least it wasn't the latest on the Kardasians.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In Trump's position, I would start tweeting every bacon sandwich I ate, "for the benefit of CNN".

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Interesting find. Missed that altogether, but then again, I don't much watch CNN.

I haven't kept up with CNN but I seem to recall that recently there was speculation that CNN was up for sale....again....except no one wants it. If it weren't for the commercial installations at the Airports, CNN would be out of business. I'm probably wrong, but I'd have to wonder if we're not witnessing the final days of CNN. And take cheer in the knowledge that Disney is looking to buy FOX; that'll be the end of the FOX news system as well.

Before long, the only news channel of the TV will be CNBC and Bloomberg, and both are business channels.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
trump was briefed about the terror attack and then decided to tweet about how much tv he watches!

LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
In Trump's position, I would start tweeting every bacon sandwich I ate, "for the benefit of CNN".

It would work. You can't trump bacon.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
CNN losers April (something), and that other constipated reporter, are ganging up on Sarah Sanders during today's press briefing. "The world is focused on Trump's sexual assaults today! Why doesn't he come out here and address them in person!?!!"

Sarah Sanders says, "He did, in 2016. There's nothing more to add."

CNN won't let it go. Unprofessional butt-hurt Crybabies, LOL.

edit on 12/11/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What time did the bombing in NYC begin, 7am? Well, I had my local news on at that time and they were covering the bombings and a while later I switched to the MSM to see what they're talking about and all of them were covering NYC.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Trump called Don Lemon "the dumbest man on television".

I don't know, Chris Cuomo may be even dumber.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

He only drinks it because the can is gold!

That red version is low energy

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join