It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war II

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Either one could lead to nuclear war. That scenario is a non-started economically speaking. (Unless, you buying the population control theory, which I don't as there are far easier and controllable methods to hand to achieve that.)
Both issues are something tptb would like to be in complete control of but are not .Clint would be saying at this point "well punk ,are you feeling lucky ? well are you ? ... Look for a compromise, a new phase if you will ...Earth divided into 4 blocks with the West being the most belligerent of the bunch .May as well make Jerusalem the main center seeing the US wants to dig in there for the long haul .

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
This thought struck yesterday and It's been expanding ever since.

Could the current U.S. political crap/insanity/ hyperbole, be similar to the cold war?

Propaganda non-stop. Out right lies from both sides. Fear being pushed at an unprecedented level. Potential and actual violence resulting.

Fear of far worse violence? Sure, the fear of nuclear holocaust was bigger, but from an American perspective, fear of revolution or civil war, especially with a new generation that didn't suffer through the cold war, would act similarly. Yes?

The fact that this is all new and scary to the millennials could be the reason for the outright insanity some manifest? That the older, conservative faction, having lived through the cold war seem to react less hysterically?

I could be way out of line following this thinking, but the similarities are worth commenting on.

Some would suggest, even assert, that this is 'deliberate'. An attempt to 'divide us'. I cannot buy into it fully. I do believe the move to the left was and is deliberate. I also believe these folks thought it was a 'done deal' and this push-back , both in the U.S. and parts of Europe wasn't planned, predicted or prepared for. JMO, though.

The only positive I can hang my hat on is we got through the cold war, didn't we....

The cold war never ended. There's been constant war since the 1940's. It's never stopped.

In the 90's there was:

The Gulf War
Somalia
Haiti
and Yugoslavia
then Afghanistan, Iraq etc. etc.

These were all part of the greater conflicts that had been going on throughout the cold war with both America and the Soviets trying to spread their influence across the world. It's never stopped.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

At least there was a 'half time' when the Soviet Union collapsed....

<< 1   >>

join