It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Explosion' at Manhattan bus terminal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: yo_da84

Stay safe everyone...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Stay safe everyone...

You as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Damn. I was going to make a bus connection there this week. Oh well. This is the plight of many important cities in Western Europe and the Middle East : terrorist blood and gore exploding on a random basis.

All prayers to the victims and for those who make it their business to apprehend perpetrators in advance. All hail P.K. Dick and watch Minority Report -- this is world we are heading for, for better or worse.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
How the hell does a bomb "partially explode?"
Never heard of such a thing.
Maybe, and luckily, the guy was just an idiot and didn't know how to make a bomb.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
ISIS my not claim this one due to the effect, the only one F'ed up is the Bangladesh guy living in Brooklyn that carried the IED.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Occurred at 07:20AM Eastern time on a walkway crossover.

Port authority bus terminal, largest in the nation, 42nd St / 8th ave.
8 subway lines are now shut down.
All streets around Times Square shut down.

Suspect at hospital when bomb went off early.
Unconfirmed report bomber was from Bangladesh.
27 y/o and was living in Brooklyn.

My concern is they keep talking about wanting to declare these people as enemy combatants, which raises serious concerns about constitutional rights.

I say if these people are captured we stick them on a plane and return them to their own country, kicking their ass out of the plane at 40k feet.
* - suspect not mirandized to prevent lawyer invocation request.
** - Just so people understand Miranda is only required when a person is A - in custody and B - being asked guilt seeking questions.
A person can be arrested, charged, tried, convicted and sentenced to death without ever being mirandized provided the above conditions are met.

Police commissioner doing press conference now.
Governor / Mayor to speak as well.

Bus terminal is reopened.
Subway line service in process of being restored.
Reports that in addition to bomber only 3 other people were injured, non life threatening injuries.
Bomber has injuries to his abdomen.
No other specific threats against NYC at this time.

Wearing improvised low tech body bomb.
Subject on custody at Bellevue hospital.
FBI / NYPD responded in addition to NYPD.
3 injured transported themselves to 2 hospitals. Suffering from ringing ears.
Bomb squad / JTT on scene collecting fragments for analysis.
Looks like military is present, can be seen in back at press conference.

Bomber did make statements, NYPD not releasing that info as part of ongoing investigation.
Non NYPD reports - ISIS claims responsibility.
Bomb held in place on body with zip ties / velcro.
Port authority Police of NY/NJ first on scene / took godless little bitch terrorist into custody

Shuttle in times square shut down - service to be restored soon.

New Yorkers / people visiting NYC will see increased uniformed presence in addition to tactical units around the city.

08:57 ET - end of press conference.
Updates will be reported as they come in.

* - Update: New York City bombing suspect ID'd as Akayed Ullah, 27,
edit on 11-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Some have a primary and a secondary, the first set off with little effort this will trigger the secondary to explode. Blasting Capps and TNT for example.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Port authority bus barn, largest in the nation, 42nd St / 8th ave.
8 subway lines are now shut down.

Suspect at hospital when bomb went off early.

My concern is they keep talking about wanting to declare these people as enemy combatants, which raises serious concerns about constitutional rights.
unconfirmed report bomber was from Bangladesh.

I say if these people are captured we stick them on a plane and return them to their own country, kicking their ass out of the plane at 40k feet.

Correct on your concern. That's what is important. How does it affect us moving forward. We, as a world, need to learn how to care about everyone. Bad things will always happen. But their impact is less if we use them as reasons to care more about our neighbors.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

They say it was a pipe bomb. I'm guessing the sealant or the fuse-hole or something failed and let a small explosion with minimal shrapnel, lots of flames and sparks fly out. Or maybe the bonehead was waving it around like a roman candle.

The point is, this was one stupid terrorist (like most, but not all) who didn't get the job done, i.e., he not only failed to self-eject from the gene pool, he also failed to hurt anyone else gravely. Or so they are claiming.

Thank Buddha/God/Allah!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
How the hell does a bomb "partially explode?"
Never heard of such a thing.
Maybe, and luckily, the guy was just an idiot and didn't know how to make a bomb.

In addition to what Hillbilly4rent stated regarding primary/secondary explosives, the perp may have had other explosive charges on the belt that did not detonate.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Is this the first NYC subway bombing/attempt? If so, the psychological impact can not be underestimated.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yup, it happened along my subway line. I've walked through that exact spot many times. Fortunately the bomb was either small or didn't fully explode as there were no deaths nor critical injuries. As the A, C, and E lines were evacuated, however, it took me an hot and a half to get to work.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The last two terrorist attacks both happened either on my subway line (today's) or near my work (the truck attack near chambers street recently). A bit troublesome.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looks like the travel ban and extreme vetting are about 20 years too late.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Did you guys even read the reports?

The "terrorist" had the bomb strapped to himself.

The bomb exploded.

The "terrorist" is just hurt, no one dies.

Those days everyone that has a bomb and is muslim suddenly is a terroist.

Can someone please explain me how with a bomb that isnt strong enough to kill THE PERSON THAT IT WAS STRAPPED ON is going to do mass damage.

Where are the conspiracy theorists when you need them? This is far from an attack.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Now, tell me, does this look like a proper terrorist attack? The guy is even moving after it explodes.
edit on 11-12-2017 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ToeKneeCherry1984

We don't need this..

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm just wondering if this is another failed explosion like the one in a London underground, (surface) station a month or two ago.
....I wonder then, where the guy now detained in NY hails from.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I'm just wondering if this is another failed explosion like the one in a London underground, (surface) station a month or two ago.
....I wonder then, where the guy now detained in NY hails from.

It has been reported as Bangladesh.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone
Read the report. They said it partially exploded. That means it did not go off with it's full force. Have you ever seen the aftermath of a pipe bomb, very destructive. It could have been just the detonator. As an answer to who, the guy is alive to be questioned, could it be he has admitted being part of Isis?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join