It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello all from a long time/first time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I've been lurking for a long time (9/11 brought me here
) but finally decided to take the plunge.

About myself: I'm from Southern Illinois (I seem to have to append my state with a geographical location so I don't have to answer the question "Oh, how far from Chicago are you?" by saying "As far as I can possibly get and still reside in Illinois"). Deny Ignorance has been my motto since well before ATS was born. It's trying sometimes. But it must be done. Politically I am all over the place it seems. I used to say I was Socially Liberal and Fiscally Conservative but as of the last few years I've been leaving that first part out for obvious reasons. I guess to paraphrase Reagan "I didn't leave the Socially Liberal groups, they just ran out of real issues to fight and became an even more laughable version of Don Quixote". Today's politics just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a worse feeling in my gut. I have a bad feeling we have elected the 21'st Century's version of James Buchanan. Let's hope that the next president will be as strong as the one that succeeded Buchanan because I am afraid that he/she will have to deal with similar country-dividing issues.

Enough Doom and Gloom huh? If you ignore the Political stuff here ATS is still a great place to browse. I hope to see/talk to many of you soon!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

(looks up eagerly from the gleaming white chewed clean carcass in the blood stained snow, last tendrils of sinew hanging from jaws. Growls at scavengers just out of snapping reach)

Huh??? Somebody say something???? (whisper) Ahhhh, another innocent prey avails it's underbelly in the windswept twilight.

OH...HI!! My what interesting eyes you have; come closer so that I may better see them???

Just kidding!

Welcome!!
edit on 12/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Welcome Lurker to the army of Long Time Lurkers.

Why does everyone say that in the first sentence of their intro?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

(looks up eagerly from the gleaming white chewed clean carcass in the blood stained snow, last tendrils of sinew hanging from jaws. Growls at scavengers just out of snapping reach)

Huh??? Somebody say something???? (whisper) Ahhhh, another innocent prey avails it's underbelly in the windswept twilight.

OH...HI!! My what interesting eyes you have; come closer so that I may better see them???

Just kidding!

Welcome!!

To the OP WELCOME WELCOME!

To Claydisk, I always find it weird and a tad creepy when people roleplay in forums lol

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
To Claydisk, I always find it weird and a tad creepy when people roleplay in forums lol

Me too! But i do it...

*Wishes the OP welcome and hopes he/she enjoys posting from now on, not just reading. Raises a wine glass and listens to Korn*

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Ahh, just jokin'.

top topics

join