It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major announcement from nasa on thursday.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I really cant wait. Sorry not sure how to embed. Most likely not an announcement of discovering life but who knows.

www.independent.co.uk... ((i could paste the whole address for some reason.)

LifestyleTechNews
Nasa to hold major announcement after artificial intelligence makes major planet-hunting breakthrough

The mysterious discovery was made by harnessing Google's machine learning prowess
Andrew Griffin Monday 11 December 2017
NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has gazed at more than 150,000 stars and continues to transmit back data that leads to important discoveries of celestial objects in our galaxy, including first-time observations of planets outside our solar system
NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has gazed at more than 150,000 stars and continues to transmit back data that leads to important discoveries of celestial objects in our galaxy, including first-time observations of planets outside our solar system NASA/Ames Research Center/Wendy Stenzel
Nasa is holding a major press conference after its planet-hunting telescope made a new breakthrough.

The Kepler space telescope is operated by Nasa to discover other earths, some of which could support life. And it is has found its latest discovery, one significant enough to bring with it a huge press conference.

Very little further information was given about the announcement, which will take place on Thursday. But it will almost certainly relate to exoplanets – Earth-sized worlds that orbit around their own stars, and are our best hope of finding alien life.

edit on 11-12-2017 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2017 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
I really cant wait. Sorry not sure how to embed. Most likely not an announcement of discovering life but who knows.

www.independent.co.uk... 02966.html?amp

NASA announcements are a lot like reports of a corrupt politician going to jail. It sounds exciting, but ultimately nothing happens.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hey there is always hope.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Maybe they found Tom De Longe?

Just kidding. I hate it when people announce that they are going to make an announcement.
It is almost always a total let down.

There's a wolf, there's a wolf....

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

The Inquisitor says that AI was used to discover new info in the search for life on exoplanets using Kepler.

If the past is any indication of what to expect..... Expect a letdown.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Indeed!

I have been disappointed so many times I have lost some of my enthusiasm. Thank you for the pick me up!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
.If this helps.

NASA's Kepler space telescope team has released a mission catalog of planet candidates that introduces 219 new candidates, 10 of which are near-Earth size and orbiting in their star's habitable zone, which is the range of distance from a star where liquid water could pool on the surface of a rocky planet.

This is the most comprehensive and detailed catalog release of candidate exoplanets, which are planets outside our solar system, from Kepler's first four years of data. It's also the final catalog from the spacecraft's view of the patch of sky in the Cygnus constellation.

With the release of this catalog, derived from data publicly available on the NASA Exoplanet Archive, there are now 4,034 planet candidates identified by Kepler. Of those, 2,335 have been verified as exoplanets. Of roughly 50 near-Earth size habitable zone candidates detected by Kepler, more than 30 have been verified.

NEWS | JUNE 19, 2017 NASA Releases Kepler Survey Catalog with Hundreds of New Planet Candidateswww.jpl.nasa.gov... 1

Also...
exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltech.edu...

Hopefully thursday's announcement will be cool.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Thanks for that, all the negativity in the thread was starting to depress me. I mean that with sincerity, how much of a bummer is it that something like this can genuinely be met with so little..hope. It's like when Christmas is coming and you know nothing good's gonna be under the tree, but ya know its Christmas, so you at least try to enjoy it but never honestly do.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

NASA Google (Alphabet) CIA...one big happy family. Nothing of any consequence will be announced.

Just another "DeLonge style announcement."

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's something to do with a new rock they found going round some star that they say has Earth-like qualities. They say this, but they never do have anything like true Earth-like properties.

Any planet would have to be EXACTLY the size of the earth, EXACTLY in the same orbit around an EXACTLY the same Sun with EXACTLY the same one Moon with EXACTLY the same planets before it and after it in the Solar System.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

Depending of the temperature of the star, its surface features may vary. Cool stars have molecules like Titanium oxide on the surface, while hot stars have ionized atoms. So you can see that stars come in a HUGE variety which can boggle our minds.

Stars and Solar Systems are like people; they are totally individual.

Now we get an idea of how rare we are. Any slight deviation from the balance we are in could mean total extinction of all life on Earth.

I think we are the only life in eternity apart from the dimension of the Elohim. I really do. That is how rare we are yet we treat this once in an eternity spaceship biosphere like common #. It is insane. I don't believe the Universe or all eternity has anything other than what is on this Earth. We are an act of another dimension's what appears to us to be "Magic". In our terms, yes indeed it is a miracle.

Tell them, Elvis!

edit on 11-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

It is just that NASA has a habit of overblowing the lead-in in comparision to the actual announcement.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Now i'm depressed again, even alternate realities sound lame.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Now i'm depressed again, even alternate realities sound lame.

LOl, they are not. Diamonds and gold in that dimension are like chunks of old burnt out coal.

It is the ultimate ET HEAVEN! I know it is there, but it is not possible to communicate this. It must come from a person's own heart. It can not be found anywhere else. That is why Christ said Look for the Kingdom inside yourself; hint, hint!

"Did I not tell you that ye are gods"?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Indeed!

I have been disappointed so many times I have lost some of my enthusiasm. Thank you for the pick me up!

Beside that, a couple of time NASA and even President Clinton made announcements that were walked back the next day.

But it is all about the program slated for getting the people up to accepting life is "out there" as Sagan used to say, but never you dare dream that it is already here with those UFO things regardless of what strangeness you see in your back yard. All in all, you can plainly see how their learning curve for us has been very successful.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It is just that NASA has a habit of overblowing the lead-in in comparision to the actual announcement.

I expect the NASA guys are genuinely excited but for the general public, anything short of finding real aliens is a let down. I keep my expectations low when I hear about these announcements. I bet they found a goldielocks planet that is 0.001% higher in supporting an advanced civilization than anything discovered to date. To a scientist, that's probably enough to jump up and down for joy. For me, not so much.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Diamonds and gold in that dimension are like chunks of old burnt out coal.

Oh great, so the economy sucks there too?

Well #.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I think we are the only life in eternity apart from the dimension of the Elohim.

So, in the entire history of a Universe so vast it boggles the mind, you don't believe there is other Life, but you believe in an invisible man in the sky who watches everything we do and judges whether we suffer for eternity or get rewarded.

Ever seen this?
Hubble Ultra Deep Field. 10,000 Galaxies with hundreds of billions of stars and trillions of planets....but in all that, we're it, huh?
How arrogant.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think we all expect some major groundbreaking announcement when they say a press conference is coming. To them, (Whatever they have to say) is big news for them to announce.
Finding something close to life IS big news. We just have to enbrace it and hope this leads to more discoveries.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I think we are the only life in eternity apart from the dimension of the Elohim.

So, in the entire history of a Universe so vast it boggles the mind, you don't believe there is other Life, but you believe in an invisible man in the sky who watches everything we do and judges whether we suffer for eternity or get rewarded.

Ever seen this?
Hubble Ultra Deep Field. 10,000 Galaxies with hundreds of billions of stars and trillions of planets....but in all that, we're it, huh?
How arrogant.

Our solar system hasn't been irradiated by super nova which can strip away all atmospheres within 100 light year radius. That is only one factor that makes Earth rare. Finding a 5 billion year era zone exactly like that in galaxies narrows a whole lot of the universe down just by this one factor alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It is just that people hear announcement from NASA and jump right to something Earth shattering then when it turns put to be a scientific announcement they are disappointed.

I know it's part of the "awakened mind" routine for people to automatically point the finger at anything dealing with the Govt but it this case the way people perceive info is as much to blame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join