It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haley: Women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct should be heard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I think what she said was fine. Your title is a little more than what she actually said, but whatever on that. Trump went through the whole thing during the election. Are we going to keep retrying things in the media over and over. Isn't it kinda odd how after the election, the claims subsided, especially considering the environment.
edit on 11-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I agree, they should be heard. But not from a Gloria Alred news conference, or a tour of news conferences from the usual "Fake News" channels.

Try under oath or on a sworn testimony. On official record. Where there are consequences for lying. If they aren't lying then they have nothing to be afraid of.

But we've seen recently this is not always the case.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What Hailey said isn't wrong, nor is it contradictory. "Victims" have a right to be heard, but the public has a right to believe or disbelieve their accusations on a case by case basis.

This is something that Franken and his ilk don't understand. No, we do not need to paint him, Conyers, Moore, and Trump with the same brush. We can decide each case individually on its own merits.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

you're telling me these ladies ignored the lure of million dollar payouts in private secret court agreements so they could sit and suffer in bitterness

This is exactly what someone might do if this really happened to them.
If it really happened they don't care about the money.
Some of these women did tell friends , family at the time but were not believed.
I was abused by my step dad when I was 14 years old but didn't tell anyone till I was almost 30.I understand the shame of this kind of thing and how all you want to do is forget about it and put it behind you.
But if I saw my stepfather about to become a senator, one of the most powerful positions in our country , I promise you I would be screaming at every news organization on the planet about my abuse AND the sexual molestation I saw my 10 year old sisters surfer at his hands.
My sister by the way has NEVER told anyone about what he did to her. Why? Because of shame.

Anyone saying a victim would not keep it to themselves has ether never been one , doesn't know anyone that has been one , or is blind to human nature.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Are we going to keep retrying things in the media over and over.

...and over, and over, and over, and over again!!

(pause)

(pause)

Rinse and repeat...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That's all fine, just bring the 'goods', bring the evidence and let the cases be heard in a court of law!

Not tried in the media.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In my case it had been 15 years and I have no evidence of the crime.
So I can't do anything legal.

Do you think I should keep my mouth shut about my abuse because I have no evidence?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sorry this isn't supposed to start till the 20th. Timing is everything they want to mess up everybody's Christmas because the mooslum in charge hates Christmas.

Time will tell

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If these women have a case press charges and stand by your accusations. All of them need to be heard, I agree but I don't believe any of it until real evidence is presented. Lots of these accusations are Being used for political gains.

Women love rich powerful men. This isn't a new story.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yup!

edit on 12/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Look, I agree that women need to be heard concerning these issues, but honestly, it's the stink of the fact that these women waited until the accused aggressor was in the throes of a presidential election--without evidence--that causes concern.

Hear the complaints, but whether or not we must believe them without much evidence is another matter altogether. I've watched too many rape/sexual assault allegations be shown to be false in courts of law that my default now is to (a) look at the whole picture (sincerity, details, motive to lie, length of time since incident, etc.) and take that into account, and (b) reserve belief unless certain factors are met to my satisfaction.

Proof is a big factor, as are timing and motive, for me. As it pertains to Trump's accusers, all three of those are having a negative net effect on their believability at this point. I don't doubt that Trump has his issues, but I don't think that all of these claims are factual--but that doesn't mean that one or more are not, I'm just not convinced, yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
a reply to: Metallicus

I also remember you calling the death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville as just another anti-white protester getting what they deserve, or something along those lines, so you'll have to excuse me if I place no faith in your moral compass whatsoever.

This is exactly what pops into my head every time I see that poster claim some sort of moral high ground on anything.

Conservative morality is a joke.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Absolutely, but they feel that they have some sort of claim on morality, Meanwhile they get caught out in hypocrisy again and again.

Perhaps the biggest joke is so-called Christian morality considering the violent, hateful, and hypocritical lies that spew from all too many of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Agit8dChop

you're telling me these ladies ignored the lure of million dollar payouts in private secret court agreements so they could sit and suffer in bitterness

This is exactly what someone might do if this really happened to them.
If it really happened they don't care about the money.
Some of these women did tell friends , family at the time but were not believed.
I was abused by my step dad when I was 14 years old but didn't tell anyone till I was almost 30.I understand the shame of this kind of thing and how all you want to do is forget about it and put it behind you.

I have no doubt something like that must be quite hard to deal with and horrible, sorry to hear about this experience.

however, there is a very real difference between that kind of sexual assault and someone kissing you on the cheek and then once on the lips, be it by accident or deliberate.

that kind of improper act would most likely make someone mad/uncomfortable for a night, maybe!
edit on 12/12/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Finally! A voice of reason. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm wondering what evidence survivors are supposed to conjure for court?! I was raped at 6 by a relative. I buried it because I didn't think anyone would believe me, like he told me. I told my mother when I was 20. She refused to believe me. If it wasn't for the fact he tried the same # with another cousin I would've gone insane from the verbal abuse and skull #ery I received the day I told my mother. She still calls me a liar till this day. I'm 32. But peace in mind in numbers. I can't be swept under the rug. Unfortunately some else is too close of a witness. Wouldn't wish on no one. But to have some one else know for a fact you told the truth is soul saving. So what Evidence are we suppose to provide?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We shouldn't tolerate this going on in the White House but 20 years ago REALLY!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

People sort things differently. Because we are all different. I'm wondering if the stories have been modified to preserve these women's modesty. It's a very "veiny" process revealing # like this. I will say I #ing hate people who lie. However for every 1 in 10 who lied I reckon there are about 6 who never dared speak up at all, unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
And this just in, is Nikki Haley in Trump's Crosshairs?

www.vanityfair.com...

On the issue of sexual assault, however, it appears Haley sees a place to take a stand. Diplomats I spoke with suggested that Haley, who is widely seen as having presidential ambitions, is seeking to position herself as a strong voice on women’s issues and distance herself from an administration with a messaging problem. “She is walking a fine line in positioning herself politically as an independent enough voice on these issues, abetted by her distance from D.C., as she can without alienating the Big Man—although given his unpredictability and volatility it is playing a bit with fire,”

I guess we shall see.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There are always 2 sides of the story and I believe the truth falls somewhere in the middle between the accuser's claim and the defendant's claim. The truth is likely the event did happen but the woman was the one flirting and initiating while the man went along with it and decades later the woman claims the man did sexual assault when it fact the man did not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join