It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haley: Women accusing Trump of sexual misconduct should be heard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Nikki Haley believes women accusing men of sexual assault, including those against Donald Trump should be heard.

nypost.com...

“Any woman who has felt violated or felt mistreated in any way, they have every right to speak up,” Haley told CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

Asked whether Trump’s election means the allegations against him have been settled, Haley responded: “That’s for the people to decide. I know that he was elected. But, you know, women should always feel comfortable coming forward. And we should all be willing to listen to them.”

“I am incredibly proud of the women who have come forward. I’m proud of their strength. I’m proud of their courage,” Haley said.

Of course Trump denies that any Republican could ever commit sexual assault concentrating on partisan attacks against Democrats and ignoring the elephant in the room called Roy Moore.

But look what he says about Democrat Franken.

Trump's comments regarding the alleged sexual assaults against him of course are full-tilt denial.

President Trump on Monday again denied allegations of sexual assault made against him before he took office, calling the claims "fake news" and "made-up stuff."

“All I can say is it’s totally fake news — just fake. It’s fake, it’s made-up stuff. And it’s disgraceful what happens,” Trump told reporters during an impromptu White House Rose Garden press conference.

So the hyper-partisan Hypocrite-in-Chief denies all wrongdoing on his team, but when it's a Democrat it's open season. Indeed what he said about Weinstein as well.

"I've known Harvey Weinstein for a very long time, I'm not at all surprised to see it,"

So I guess it's only a witch hunt when it's against Donald Trump or one of his Republican buddies.

Of course there is the famous Trump quote.

David Fahrenthold released a video of Donald Trump in 2005, having the sort of conversation with TV host Billy Bush that you'd expect from a couple of dirty uncles. In the video, Trump, who is apparently unaware his mic is hot, talks about trying to f**k a married woman by taking her furniture shopping, and says that because he's "a star" he's able to kiss any woman he wants and "grab them by the pu***y."

That of course has nothing to do with his attitude to women, does it? It's just locker talk - that and the 19 accusations of sexual harassment including rape.

I wonder if Nikki Haley will out of a job soon, daring to side against her boss?
edit on 11-12-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

It's almost a phenomenon, the allegations coming out in all sorts of industry. There are obviously some story's that are taken with one side's context and the court of social media decides guilt on allegations.

I'm not trying defend a single soul, most in the highest power positions have some sort of guilt on them.

The only thing that stands out to me is how people are willing to ride accusations when it fits their narrative, only to call them accusations and want due process when it doesn't.

We live in a very odd time, where our neighbors are somehow as much as an enemy as those abroad just because their ideology has been taught to be vitriol. As if those in our community are somehow a threat to our lifestyle rather than the balance of the "beacon of a free thinking society". Individualism is taboo, and tribalism somehow equates to loyalty.

What is fed as news or media will only get more bizarre.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The focus on sexual harassment was always going to go badly for the Democrats. While not all Republicans are Conservative there aren’t any Conservatives that are Democrats.

The problem is that Conservatives like me don’t think about one night stands, flirting with multiple women and cheating on our wives. I know it might be hard for some to comprehend, but there are many Conservatives like me with integrity and moral character.

Liberals laugh at people like me and celebrate the Godless and immoral. It stands to reason that liberals will be offenders at higher rates than Conservatives.

Another problem for liberals is that Conservatives are more likely to overlook the testimony of loose women as them getting what they deserve instead of it being the man’s fault. I am not saying this is always true, but this is why you see many Conservative overlooking stories about their candidates.

This has naturally all backfired for liberals and it will continue to do so. Sure there are scumbag Republicans, but there are many more scumbag Democrats.

You made your bed ...enjoy.
edit on 2017/12/11 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
What Hailey said isn't wrong, nor is it contradictory. "Victims" have a right to be heard, but the public has a right to believe or disbelieve their accusations on a case by case basis.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am neither concervative or liberal, but why do both sides feel that they somehow have a better moral compass?

It seems arrogant coming from one or the other. There are 340~ million people in this country and there is only two schools of thought?

How would a concervative say with a straight face you should fall in line with one side of the two party system when many of the founding fathers warned against it?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

but the public has a right to believe or disbelieve their accusations on a case by case basis.

But the public has a right to believe or disbelieve their accusations on a case by case BIASED.

Fixed that for ya.
edit on 11-12-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Twenty years a ago I would have indentified as a Republican. Now the Republicans are Democrats from twenty years ago. Trust me...I am not represented by either party.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Fair enough, I can respect that.

I still find fallacy in people being able to say they strongly identify with one or the other. How is that possible? How are there only two sides out of thousands of issues?

I watch people rant and express outrage only to defend against prior proclamations to protect the tribe.

Here of all places should recognize that, just saying.
edit on 11-12-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

But this is just a bunch of opinionated ad-hom arguments against liberals, as if being Conservative is somehow equated with being more moral and ethical.

Bringing the psychopathic Judeo-Christian God into this discussion is just nonsense which has no weight whatsoever. I'll take one of our gays over your child molesting priests (and politicians) any day.

I also remember you calling the death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville as just another anti-white protester getting what they deserve, or something along those lines, so you'll have to excuse me if I place no faith in your moral compass whatsoever.
edit on 11-12-2017 by bgerbger because: Opinion does not make fact.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

We are human beings, not robots. All decisions we make are ultimately decided according to biases. That's just a simple fact, same as the OP was penned thanks to a bias against Trump.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Then shouldn't our biases be non binary? Instead of 0 of 1, why can't we distinguish more territory?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Liberals laugh at people like me and celebrate the Godless and immoral.

Ah yes, god botherers are known for their morals.

That whole institutionalised child abuse thing was of course carried out by people of the highest, conservative morals.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Fallacy again, we know that "both sides" (while pushing the same agenda) are both flawed.

So why don't countrymen come together on issues rather than manufactured sides.

The left wants a more robust social structure that requires money.... Good luck with the wars.

Where the right wants less government spending... Good luck with the wars.

We spend immense amounts on unjust wars, and get horrible results. It's a waste of money, yet both sides are arguing over who diddles more kids. Effing disgusting.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What Hailey said isn't wrong, nor is it contradictory. "Victims" have a right to be heard, but the public has a right to believe or disbelieve their accusations on a case by case basis.

Agreed.

The problem is many are believing or disbelieving accusations based on political persuasion.

That is utter bollocks.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well, I believe all women who believe they were victims of sexual abuse should be heard. All of them, regardless of political persuasion.

Not only do I feel they should be just "heard", I feel the mere utterance of their allegations should result in a formal legal investigation for criminal wrongdoing.

I also believe persons (women, men or other) who come out of the woodwork 20-30 years after the fact should have their stories subjected to extra scrutiny, especially if the alleged perpetrator is a public figure. And, if the allegations are proven false, these same accusers should automatically be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for making false statements, defamation of character, reckless negligence with intent, malice and libel. In addition to criminal charges persons making false charges should also be required to pay restitution costs for any and all legal resources expended to investigate these crimes, as well as severe punitive damages. All in addition to actual damages. Again, regardless of political persuasion.

Fair?
edit on 12/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think they should start pressing charges in these slander cases,see if these liberals will risk jail and fines,they have nothing but bad intention,they are the cause of the demise of society in liberal areas

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Most of us do. You will notice us as the people who argue for both teams, or just dont participate at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Yep, and there should be a required affidavit, after a certain period of time (pick one), which clearly states the accuser understands the rules of the game and the consequences. And further, it should be illegal for any media outlet to publish any dated allegation without said affidavit acknowledging consequences of false allegations.

In other words, you better have the 'goods' if you're gonna' make the accusation, and you better bring it! The 'dog ate my homework' defense ain't gonna' cut it, not this time!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i think its all a load of crap.

He's been a billionaire for a while, you're telling me these ladies ignored the lure of million dollar payouts in private secret court agreements so they could sit and suffer in bitterness... only to decide during the election a decade or so later to come forward?

The term sexual assault is being thrown around as easy as immunity agreements fly around Obama's DOJ.. everything's sexual assault now.. hell that time I called a girl a ''slut'' in grade 10 might come back to bite me in a lawsuit in 2020!!!

The problem for the jilted left in the political spectrum, is that its been proven what they're willing to do anything to be in power... lying, coercing, stealing, murder, payoffs, blackmail, threats....

anything...

i absolutely believe they're capable of paying off half a dozen women to lie about incidents that occurred in the 80's when sex, drugs and high rollers were running rampant!! I'm not saying Trump wasnt a boasting, boorish businessman in the 80's, but a man who's gone his whole life without drinking and smoking and always had a silver spoon stuck up his A$$ about his pompous greatness, doesnt seem the type who'd hang around with sleezy dirty groups.
edit on 11/12/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
I think they should start pressing charges in these slander cases,see if these liberals will risk jail and fines,they have nothing but bad intention,they are the cause of the demise of society in liberal areas

You wouldn't want to push this into the court systems if you knew that you were guilty.
I wonder why most of them don't press slander charges.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join