It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed Humor: Chelsea Handler Mocking Sarah Huckabee Sanders for her looks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I find it hilarious how some people are "upset," over this after nearly a year of calling everyone under the sun a "triggered libtard."

Joan Rivers calls Michelle Obama a tranny and people applaud her for "not being politically correct."

There is undoubtedly a double standard at play.

Donald Trump can mock a physical disability of a reporter, he can say that he can shoot someone in the streets, but this is too far?

Lol. Huckabizzle is truly special, but I don't want to offend any snowflakes by being a meanie-head poopie-butt.

Found the "triggered libtard" lol

I'm so triggered that people are making fun of Sarah Hippopotamus Sanders.... it's soooo not fair

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I find it hilarious how some people are "upset," over this after nearly a year of calling everyone under the sun a "triggered libtard."

Joan Rivers calls Michelle Obama a tranny and people applaud her for "not being politically correct."

Donald Trump can mock a physical disability of a reporter, he can say that he can shoot someone in the streets, but this is too far?

Lol. Huckabizzle is truly special, but I don't want to offend any snowflakes by being a meanie-head poopie-butt.

I'm so triggered that people are making fun of Sarah Hippopotamus Sanders.... it's soooo not fair

As much as I dislike most of the stuff coming out of the current administration, Handler resorting to calling someone ugly (in so many words) is simply being a bully.

If Handler wants to criticize Sanders and the Admistration on issues, then I'm all for that. However, when a person resorts to name-calling, that sends the message (maybe a false message) that there is nothing substantive to criticize, thus name-calling and body-shaming is required.

Chelsea Handler does herself (and whatever cause she is speaking up about) a disservice by resorting to such immature tactics.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
At least this thread is showing everyone the sane from those not quite as.........

I've been taking notes.

Much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They can do it all they like. They just lose the ability to fake outrage at others doing it to women.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

As much as I dislike most of the stuff coming out of the current administration, Handler resorting to calling someone ugly (in so many words) is simply being a bully.

If Handler wants to criticize Sanders and the Admistration on issues, then I'm all for that. However, when a person resorts to name-calling, that sends the message (maybe a false message) that there is nothing substantive to criticize, thus name-calling and body-shaming is required.

Chelsea Handler does herself (and whatever cause she is speaking up about) a disservice by resorting to such immature tactics.

That's fair and I agree.

However, you say "name-calling," and "body-shaming," which was absolutely rife during the Obama administration. Many folks on ATS were incredibly upset over "policies," such as Obama being Osama Bin Laden, a super secret double body, a gorilla, how his wife was a man, a gorilla, a tranny, etc etc

To see these same people cry foul when the same tactics are used against their idols is amusing. I'm no fan of Obama and I focused on his policies - in particular, too big to fail and his drone legacy.

I find Sarah Sanders to be one of the greatest aspects of the Trump presidency: "it doesn't matter if the videos are real, the threat is real."

So if I create a fake video claiming Sanders is actually a shape-shifting Reptilian hellbent on harvesting the soul to build the rapture machine, would it be safe to say that: "it doesn't matter if the video is real, the threat is real?"

People pretending that the right-wing never participated in "name-calling," or "body-shaming," is comedic gold.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
She is a bit boss eyed.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's fair and I agree.

However, you say "name-calling," and "body-shaming," which was absolutely rife during the Obama administration. Many folks on ATS were incredibly upset over "policies," such as Obama being Osama Bin Laden, a super secret double body, a gorilla, how his wife was a man, a gorilla, a tranny, etc etc

To see these same people cry foul when the same tactics are used against their idols is amusing. I'm no fan of Obama and I focused on his policies - in particular, too big to fail and his drone legacy.

I find Sarah Sanders to be one of the greatest aspects of the Trump presidency: "it doesn't matter if the videos are real, the threat is real."

So if I create a fake video claiming Sanders is actually a shape-shifting Reptilian hellbent on harvesting the soul to build the rapture machine, would it be safe to say that: "it doesn't matter if the video is real, the threat is real?"

People pretending that the right-wing never participated in "name-calling," or "body-shaming," is comedic gold.

I see this to be less about Sarah Sanders political views and what the radical right said about Obama; those people are not the issue. This is not a "conservative or liberal" issue. If you notice, it is not just the conservative right who is calling out Handler here; she is getting criticized from both sides.

What seems to be the issue to me is that a person (Handler) who speaks out about feminism can criticize the views of another woman not by simply finding fault with those views (which is the correct way to do it) but rather by belittling the woman and making fun of her looks (the incorrect way to do it).

Two people with opposing ideologies can use real debate tactics to criticize each other's views (whatever those views are is unimportant to my argument) without one calling the other fat or ugly. So why does Handler feel it is OK to criticize another person's views (and again, whatever those views are is unimportant to my argument) by calling the other person fat and ugly?

By resorting to name-calling, Handler HERSELF no longer made this about Sanders' or the administrations political views and/or actions. It is not OK to body shame someone just because they happen to be consertvative, and "because conservatives themselves have made fun of others".

People should be bigger than that. By resorting to the tactics of those whom you criticize, your argument against those people begins to lose all legitimacy.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

But people aren't. ATS should be bigger than that.

But we aren't. It's indicative of the current climate in our society.

I don't take politics as serious as I used to. I was a huge Ron Paul supporter... I tried my best while I was in college to "lead a horse to water," and yeah. What a great waste of time that was.

People wanted reality TV style government with WWE-style rivalries in the style of partisan teams. They wanted gossip about "Trump and Russia, Hillary is sick," etc etc ad naseum.

It dominated headlines - including ATS. I've seen three threads about net neutrality on ATS. I've seen two threads about Hillary coughing, countless threads about "bombshell," Hillary emails, and potential millions (kidding) of threads regarding "Trump tweeted this! Trump did that! Trump is great! Trump is bad," so many threads about Trump/Hillary.

I give you props. You seem level-headed and much, much more rational than I. I've just become exhausted at the constant berating of "libtards."

Like I said - I'm a massive Ron Paul supporter. He's a cool guy, and doesn't seem his age in person (imo, he's much more energetic than the media makes him out to be). I remember the CONSTANT cries from Republicans about how he's "too fringe, too extreme, doesn't have mass appeal," etc etc - and then Donald Trump becomes the Republican candidate.

To see a man of integrity such as Ron Paul be swept to the side for men such as moneybags Romney, Cruz, and Trump makes me shake my head.

It's why I find a great deal of entertainment in the absolute trainwreck of the current administration. The American people wanted uneducated and inexperienced people in high levels of government cabinets (mostly billionaires which are conflict of interests, by the way)... and that's what we received.

Sarah Sanders is a clown. I would feel bad for her, but she took the job - "she knew what she signed up for."

I'm not a perfect human being and I don't pretend to be. Honestly, that sounds horrible.

I really don't feel all too bad of making fun of Sarah Sanders by name-calling or body-shaming. I used to get made fun of and "picked on," for being too small. So I started wrestling at a young age, and started lifting weights. I still do - nearly fifteen years later. I work hard to stay in shape - other people don't.

I hardly see people condemning those who piss all over poor people. But when it comes to calling an overweight person overweight... the "I'm so sick and tired of political correctness," crowd comes along to blow their whistles about how "you can't say that!"

I find it to be amusing.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
her humor isn't funny at all! this fat shaming crap is wrong! not all fat people are lazy chip hogs! i'm 6 feet tall and 290 lbs and i'm solid as a rock and if anyone mocked me like this i'd sit on them and make them eat bugs! damned insensitive morons
Chelsea Handler and Kathy Griffith are the same crap not funny and i believe its just for the publicity cause they cant get an audiance any other way i'm not perfect either though
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: t for a y

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Where do you guys get this stuff from?

Feminism is the radical belief that all humans are equal, including women and girls. There is literally no compulsion to "always support other women no matter what" if one desires to be a "feminist."

True equality is only achievable if we cut the nonsense and move forward together without resentment. We are never going to get there if we treat women and girls like incorruptible porcelain dolls. They are just as capable of any vice, --lying, slander or financial corruption as any man. The only difference is men have centuries of power in social, political and economic spheres that have normalized male vice and twisted them into virtues. Some of that is changing.

No skin off my back either way.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

The Monarch speaks wisdom

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well of course it's mean and uncalled for, but at the same time, Donald Trump has apparently made "inappropriate" cool!
Or haven't you noticed?

edit on 12/11/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

It's more of the same disgusting stuff the Left did to Sarah Palin, a very savvy smart self confident female who hunts as well as any man, and a governor to boot. It proves it was never vzbout wonen being equal it was always about promoting Left wing politics and agendas.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So what my chances if I hit her up on Twitter, I been drinking a lot of liquids and man, how much longer?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That's fair and I agree.

: I was always against the Marxist policies of the prior admin abd had people yelling at me for just being racist..... can't win for losing in this game. Although Michelle's black widow dress did make quite a splash.... it was the least of my concerns about her. Like her lunch police policies and her statements that we all
Have to give up our pie for others(that is her favorite special interest groups and Marxist redistribution schemes).

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: bluechevytree

Where do you guys get this stuff from?

Feminism is the radical belief that all humans are equal, including women and girls. There is literally no compulsion to "always support other women no matter what" if one desires to be a "feminist."

True equality is only achievable if we cut the nonsense and move forward together without resentment. We are never going to get there if we treat women and girls like incorruptible porcelain dolls. They are just as capable of any vice, --lying, slander or financial corruption as any man. The only difference is men have centuries of power in social, political and economic spheres that have normalized male vice and twisted them into virtues. Some of that is changing.

No skin off my back either way.
Um yah I thought feminism was supposed to
Be about respect and not objectifying women ? This just shows that for women of the Left it was never about respect. It was always about power and the Progressive agenda. Betty Friedan who
Wrote the original feminist book was really a communist activist. The Communist Party used and recruited women for its objectives.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
More proof there is little hope for our society in the near future. Both sides and many in between have gone back to a junior high school level.

It might be fun for a few moments but it isn't doing anything to fix things down the road.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil>>>> As much as I despise her and think she's over rated as a talent, that ugly troll Melissa McCarthy could do this Huckabee woman if SNL wants to keep up the hate campaign against Trump. Her other impression was never that good and even less funny, but when you aim to be nasty and hateful the comedy will always suffer. This Chelsea Handler is a very sick person, so is that other blonde hag Samatha Bee. Geez, Comedy Central has dumbed down their stuff, its even worse now than when Colbert was head hominid. Comedy Central, its like lead in your water for your viewing pleasure. ( Not South Park, just the late night " news" "comedy" shows.)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Yeah No

Carlin did just fine...one of the best.

You just need talent and insight.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Who the F is Chelsea Handler? Is she an actress? Reporter?

edit on 12/12/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join