It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed Humor: Chelsea Handler Mocking Sarah Huckabee Sanders for her looks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sure it's appropriate. She's a comedian and she's making a joke. Trump makes fun of people (and occasionally assaults them) and gets elected leader of the free world. Talk about inappropriate...

(post by bluechevytree removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes they were mean, but they actually had points. And made fun of everyone including themselves.

They also had talent..

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Who is Chelsea Handler?

A mean spirited person it appears, who should be called out for boorish behavior. But she's a comedian so she gets a pass because it's just "humor" you know.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

George Carlin and Frank Zappa.

I miss them both.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: luthier

Ask your wife if she thinks it's appropriate then, please.

She can't stand this exact thing. I wouldn't say she is a feminist the way the movement requires you to be. She is sleeping or I would ask her this specific instance but I can tell you she hates handler and is an independent who is socially liberal.

I would just say she had to work twice as hard as males in her field and elevates qualified women whenever see can.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
Sure it's appropriate. She's a comedian and she's making a joke. Trump makes fun of people (and occasionally assaults them) and gets elected leader of the free world. Talk about inappropriate...

So it's funny to belittle someone for their looks who is basically a minion of someone you disagree with Politically?

Least your honest about your meanness? That's what I like about progressivism. Do as I say, not as I do

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Me too.

We need them now but they probably have been spared the idiocy of today for their contributions.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

al franken was a comedian too but that excuse didn`t save him from being drummed out of congress for being a pervert.
being an over the hill comedian doesn`t give anyone the right to be a hypocrite,or to break the law. political humor never involves shaming someone for the way they look.

if you are trying to shame someone for the way they look than you aren`t a comedian.

edit on 10-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Left and all their paid media personalities are getting desperate... because the truth is coming out about how corrupt the left and how paid their media personalities are...

*cough cough*

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

People suck.

Whether holy rollers or progressives. These dihard cause junkies are always hypocrites.

You get holy rollers diddling kids, having sex with male prostitutes, sex trafficking, etc crazy far lefties beating up people for voting for trump, forcing you to have their beliefs etc..

It's all a joke.

Stay centered I say. Or be real.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

She's trying to make money and stay relevant. Good for her.

If not for this thread, I would not have known about it. So... you gave her stars.

As for her message... Meh. No worse than the SNL stuff.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

You also have to be funny to be a comedian.

Aren't feminists always calling men shallow for caring about looks?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: olaru12

I've always thought Sarah was kinda cute. I feel sorry for her that it's her job to promote the lies and make lame excuses for her boss. I felt sorry for Sean as well but they threw him under the bus anyway. It's just a matter of time until poor Sarah is sacrificed as well.

Is Handler's skit appropriate for a supposed Feminist and progressive?

I don't know....As a brutally handsome straight male, Feminism isn't my forte.

I think Trump is a dork and is a total embarrassment to the office. It's ugly in the beltway and if you can't run with the big dogs stay under the porch. This crybaby whine from the WH is so lame.

So let me get this straight. You can make those judgements on Trump's behaviors yet not do the same in the case of Chandler's? Hmmm. Seems odd. Wonder why that is?

Remember Handler was only doing this to SHS because of Chandler's dislike of Trump. So it's alright to mock people's looks as long as it fits your Political Idealogy?

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Who is Chelsea Handler?

A mean spirited person it appears, who should be called out for boorish behavior. But she's a comedian so she gets a pass because it's just "humor" you know.

Perhaps Trump opened the door for boorish behavior. It's a free for all now.....

link   
Gee, people on the right thought it was hilarious when Joan Rivers called Michelle Obama a "tranny".

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's heartening to see some who I usually disagree with not approving of Handler's attempt at humor.

Don't mistake me, Handler has a right to do it, I just think it's very mean spirited , especially when her real anger is with the Man, Trump, not really SHS.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Gee, people on the right thought it was hilarious when Joan Rivers called Michelle Obama a "tranny".

I didn't. Taking attacks to such a mean and personal degree are uncalled for.
The two wrongs make a right argument falls flat with me. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

No, it's not cool. I think Trump's manners is rubbing off on liberals.

But seriously, this isn't helpful. That would have been just as funny if references to her body and looks were omitted. It's cheap and not necessary when satiring people like Sarah.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I didn't. Taking attacks to such a mean and personal degree are uncalled for.
The two wrongs make a right argument falls flat with me. Sorry.

Did you post a thread about how mean Joan Rivers was towards Michelle?

I didn't think so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join