It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird with FB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've noticed a very strange phenomena going on. I am a computer moron to begin with so Keep it simple for the stupid, please.

I use facebook regularly. Most of my links are right leaning. I occasionally use my cell phone but fat fingers generally disabuses me. When powering down the cell phone and firing it back up. It immediately flashed a series of responses from friends, one after another numbering five to ten ressponses, which immediately disappear. None of which ever appear on my laptop with facebook.

This has happened twice now and something is amiss.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
edit on 10-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I have had that very same thing happen over the past two days.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Don't use Facebook apps on mobile devices.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I use Verizon. You?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Would that cause no response on my laptop?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It also uses up a lot of battery life. I found when I deleted the app my batter life was much better. Yes Facebook is listening to us. About a year ago my daughter mentioned a person that is not in our circle, and what do you know that lady popped up as "someone you might know" on FB!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I use Verizon. You?

AT&T

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If you invite a criminal into your home, don't be surprised when he steals from you.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why would you still want to use Facebook? ATS is full of threads that tell you they are evil. Facebook stated not long ago they would go after "hate speech" users. I guess they think you're one of them. Get rid of it immediately.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I've noticed a very strange phenomena going on. I am a computer moron to begin with so Keep it simple for the stupid, please.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

You should be aware that Facebook is run by the NSA.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Why would you still want to use Facebook? ATS is full of threads that tell you they are evil. Facebook stated not long ago they would go after "hate speech" users. I guess they think you're one of them. Get rid of it immediately.

So how does one stay in contact with friends?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I use plain old text messaging- most providers allow you to send group texts so you can give a bunch of friends the same message. Or, when I'm feeling really spicy, I use HAM radio. Both are probably evil, but perhaps not so much as FB.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

make sure when your done using an app it is completely closed. They don't close automatically and stay open in a folder you can access from your phone click the right of center button on the bottom of your phone. then hit clear all. If you leave the app on THEY can access your phone, emails, FB Contacts, credit cards, mics even you camera.

edit on 10-12-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Noticed that garbage also. I immedietly took that FB poison off my phone and haven't re-installed it since.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

I use plain old text messaging- most providers allow you to send group texts so you can give a bunch of friends the same message. Or, when I'm feeling really spicy, I use HAM radio. Both are probably evil, but perhaps not so much as FB.

Neither of your alternatives are not being scanned and listened to. It's a moot point.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: seattlerat

Neither of your alternatives are not being scanned and listened to. It's a moot point.

Plus, there are tons of apps that allow for turning on your camera, microphone, camera and GPS when you press 'Agree'.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've noticed if I am on Facebook my phone starts trippin,noises etc,and too many coincidences regarding ads,some tracking of sorts

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I use Verizon. You?

AT&T

Again, stressing I know nothing about computers, is it possible to have a 'dark web' social medium site? They may know who logged on but not what was said? Could that 'by-pass' the watchers?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it's quite easy really. Don't put anything on that's illegal, compromising or like "I'm going on holiday next week" "I'm going shopping now". Just use it for banter and you have completely nothing to worry about. Remember the line "keep it simple stupid" and you can't go wrong. Because anyone can read it from a Chinaman on the great wall of China to an African tribesman in the jungle. Oh, as well as your friend down the road.
edit on 11-12-2017 by crayzeed because: added

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It’s not just FB. Pinterest has “suggested” things that I never looked up on my phone, only talked about.

Once I was looking at something in a store, and decided to buy it. When I got home I had a Pin suggestion of the exact product. It was interesting. Not just some random thing, but a specific item that I hadn’t even noticed till I walked past it on the shelf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join