It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Privilege is Strong in This One...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here's a joke for you. A white man walks into a bar and says "hey, you guys are racist against me because I'm white". He then creeps out the dancers, threatens the DJ, and then threatens to kill the bouncer. He gets kicked out and fires his gun in the air when he's told he can't get back in.

Here's the punchline: despite all this white racism against white people...

The affidavit says cops found him shortly later in Clackamas and he threatened to kill an officer. He was released on Thursday, the day after the incident, records show.

Link

This is NO LONGER in the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.
edit on Sun Dec 10 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Here's a joke for you. A white man walks into a bar and says "hey, you guys are racist against me because I'm white". He then creeps out the dancers, threatens the DJ, and then threatens to kill the bouncer. He gets kicked out and fires his gun in the air when he's told he can't get back in.

The affidavit says cops found him shortly later in Clackamas and he threatened to kill an officer. He was released on Thursday, the day after the incident, records show.

Link

I agree that consistent application or leniency of the law is a problem, but how are whites DIRECTLY connected to the black person being treated differently?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yet anyone including nonwhites who criticizes Black Lives Matter are called White Supremacists. And in my college no BLM members were arrested for blocking freeways, pulling fire alarms and disrupting classrooms.
edit on 12/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The guy is probably a registered (D)ependent.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

hmm - lucky he's alive

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

It was the irony of his accusations. A was ranting about people being racist against him because he was white and then spent one night in jail after threatening to kill staff, a police officer, and firing his gun in the air several times in public.

That's why I wrote it in a joke format. I found it pretty funny after I got over my face-palm-frustration of the news. This is literally two and a half miles from my house.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

If you go by events elsewhere, he should have been shot to death by now, several times over...seeing as how he actually did do something.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Yet anyone including nonwhites who criticizes Black Lives Matter are called White Supremacists. And in my college no BLM members were arrested for blocking freeways, pulling fire alarms and disrupting classrooms.

Did they threaten to kill cops and fire weapons into the air like this guy?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No but blocking freeways should have been considered a crime nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No but blocking freeways should have been considered a crime nevertheless.

And that is somehow comparable to firing a gun in the air and threatening to kill a cop and staff?

I know why you brought it up, it's obvious. But it's not even close to the same thing and you know it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Looks like the good cops got to him first, unlike Daniel Shaver.

That guy got lucky.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The punchline needs some work, kiddo

I guess this is one of the luckier idiots huh? maybe the cops actually knew him? That would explain the lack of bullet holes in his body to some extent.

A lot of the time people confuse everyone thinking they are an ar5e for them being racist.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The moral of the story is that if this had been a black guy, he would likely have been summarily executed in the street without ever having the opportunity to be arrested and released.

If by some miracle the theoretical African-American gunman was not killed, and was actually arrested, it would be very unlikely he would have been released so quickly.

The irony is that this white gunman was complaining about "white racism" however, it was his inherent "white privilege" that kept him alive and insured a speedy release from jail.

Interesting find.

-dex

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Hmmmm what your saying reminds me of the book the New Jim Crow. I hadn't read it yet but I heard it's about something like this.

However, I wonder does this white guy has money? Wealth can play a role.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a guy that wants to be a victim.

I have no time of day for this, regardless of skin color or gender, etc.

This guy sounds dangerous, and should be taken seriously by law enforcement

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Sounds like a guy that wants to be a victim.

I have no time of day for this, regardless of skin color or gender, etc.

This guy sounds dangerous, and should be taken seriously by law enforcement

Right?! That whole mess with Jeremy Christian on the MAX (that white supremacist that stabbed two in the neck). You'd think our cops would be a bit more alert about this kind of person.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Are you mad because he had money to post bail?

Nobody ever just "is let go" once arrested.

Your real problem is with people with money then.

The BLM people don't even get arrested, talk about privilege.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Are you mad because he had money to post bail?

Nobody ever just "is let go" once arrested.

Your real problem is with people with money then.

The BLM people don't even get arrested, talk about privilege.

You are not supposed to be offered bail if you pose a threat to the public. This man is an obvious threat to the public.

Not to mention, they usually specify if it posting bail was the reason for the release. I'm not even convinced that is what happened.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Abysha because: Ps

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The question is, is this guy connected to someone "higher up?" Here in LA, if you are part of the Hollywood Elite (though that may be changing thanks the fallout of the scandals) the LAPD tend to turn a blind eye toward your crimes.

Look I'm not denying there may be some racial bias in many Police departments, however, there is probably more to the story.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The question is, is this guy connected to someone "higher up?" Here in LA, if you are part of the Hollywood Elite (though that may be changing thanks the fallout of the scandals) the LAPD tend to turn a blind eye toward your crimes.

Look I'm not denying there may be some racial bias in many Police departments, however, there is probably more to the story.

I doubt it. He was alone in a strip club (and I know it isn't a fancy one) and from Newberg (not Portland).

To entertain that idea, you have to entertain it for every arrest that makes the news. That's a bit silly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join