It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt discovers Two-3,500-year-old tombs in ancient city of Luxor-with a mummy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A really colorful mural, the story does not say where it is located though.

An Egyptian labourer stands next to an ancient Egyptian mura

The ministry of Antiquities said the tombs are 3,500 years old. One of the tombs has 5 entrances. Both tombs belong to pharaohs from the 18th century.

The ministry said one tomb has a courtyard lined with mud-brick and stone walls and contains a six-meter burial shaft leading to four side chambers. The artifacts found inside were mostly fragments of wooden coffins. Wall inscriptions and paintings suggest it belongs to era between the reigns of King Amenhotep II and King Thutmose IV, both pharaohs of the 18th dynasty.

The other tomb has five entrances leading to a rectangular hall and contains two burial shafts located in the northern and southern sides of the tomb.
www.cbsnews.com...

A bunch of little statues that were wrapped in linens. There were also painted masks, clay vessels and funerary cones.

Among the artifacts found inside are funerary cones, painted wooden funerary masks, clay vessels, a collection of some 450 statues and a mummy wrapped in linen who was likely a top official. A cartouche carved on the ceiling bears the name of King Thutmose I of the early 18th dynasty, the ministry said.

And a linen wrapped mummy.

edit on 10-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wonder why it is that they could build the great pyramids, great palaces and temples, gold statues but could only paint people in 1 dimension. Ever see a painting of people from Egypt that was anything other than 1 dimensional?

Just wonder why

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I wonder why it is that they could build the great pyramids, great palaces and temples, gold statues but could only paint people in 1 dimension. Ever see a painting of people from Egypt that was anything other than 1 dimensional?

Just wonder why

Maybe the Aliens that came to earth and built the pyramids were all scientists.

They forgot to bring some artists with them.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Just wonder why

Interesting question. Artists didn't really understand perspective and projection lines, and the mathematics until the Renaissance time, when the aristocrats offered a prize for anyone to explain how objects appear smaller in the distance.

"First Perspective – Fillipo Brunelleschi & Masaccio. The first known picture to make use of linear perspective was created by the Florentine architect Fillipo Brunelleshi (1377-1446). Painted in 1415, it depicted the Baptistery in Florence from the front gate of the unfinished cathedral."

Before then, even the Greeks were doing similar styles:

en.wikipedia.org...

Possibly they were restricted by the types of paintbrushes, inks and time available. They could do shading with scrolls, but perhaps there wasn't much point in doing extreme details on walls given the lighting conditions.

artdeco.org...

They certainly could do graduated colors:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

i.pinimg.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Just wonder why

Maybe the Aliens that came to earth and built the pyramids were all scientists.

They forgot to bring some artists with them.

Or they all were around 6 years old.

Their artistic skills seem limited but I would imagine that they had the boundlessly talented people who could draw freaky good. Probably stoned them to death for witch craft for taking the person's spirit and putting it on a scroll.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Here you go:

Note all those "reliefs" were painted back in the day. 3-D

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: tinner07

Here you go:

Note all those "reliefs" were painted back in the day. 3-D

Very impressive.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There is a guy filling up a table with stuff and handing stuff to a giant seated in the mural.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yeah. I've been doing exhaustive documentary series the past six months (SOON to be released), where the Darkest Patterns of the present track all the way through the past. I didnt even realize how thick the trends would track thru even their era.. So I've been inundating myself in that era the past couple weeks.

Of particular note to my interests is how the written forms of language were specifically designed to control the population.

And approaching this question here, from what I've gathered, the "flat" art was effectively practice for the relief art (both being components of Hieroglyphics). Because the art itself was part of the language set itself, where the odd thing about their whole culture is how for 3000 years it never changed. Meaning the art wouldnt change. Because they were true relics of stone their whole tribes thinking.

And in perpetrating it they had a hierarchy of people that would work on each design that would go up, whereas the person doing the drawing didnt know how to read, let alone the one that did the carving, let alone the painting part at the final stage. And those poor devils spent decades training to even get that far. That's how thick the information control went. They did have the more of a 'commoner' form of writing too (Hieratics), and even there 95% of the population couldnt read it; it existed for control.

edit on 10-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We will see a thread with the release right? I look forward to it.

They practiced net neutrality then.

We have a different form to control info.

Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yeah. I intend to release one each night once it gets going. Maybe this weekend. Really close now after 11 years in preparation to deliver something that has never been done before ('every' human civilization/empire + key invention + human nature evolving & battling in parallel chronologically as one) on several levels... in order to put the Future into perspective is the whole point.

Season 1 (Primal thru the Bronze Age) is about 12 episodes and should be ready by this weekend.

edit on 10-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Looking forward to it! This is my reminder.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Excellent post. It amazes me how after all this time and after all the exploration of Egypt, we are still uncovering things. S&F for ancient discovery.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Just wonder why

Because it was a form of language rather than art. Telling a story, in a way that would preserve it and tell it simply, in case the written language of the texts was ever forgotten or destroyed...or never learned at all.

Even if you visit a foreign country where you cannot speak or read the language, simple pictures on signs can help you find your way...phone, restroom, bus station, water fountain, etc., and illustrated books in that foreign language will give you clues to what the text is about...it's the same basic concept.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

If these were the tombs of pharaoh’s why aren’t they in pyramids? After all that’s what the pyramids were built for right?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

If these were the tombs of pharaoh’s why aren’t they in pyramids? After all that’s what the pyramids were built for right?

Too big, too much materials, too much work, too damn obvious, too many workers to feed.
Just too damn expensive.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Nassim Haramein says that the pyramids were not built as tombs.
The mummies were found in the Valley of Kings.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Too big, too much materials, too much work, too damn obvious, too many workers to feed.
Just too damn expensive.

But they were built for some purpose.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Just too damn expensive.

But they were built for some purpose.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Nassim Haramein says that the pyramids were not built as tombs.
The mummies were found in the Valley of Kings.

That’s my thoughts too, but according to the Egyptologists they were constructed for the sole purpose of being tombs. I suspect they had something to do with the after life but don’t think they were solely the tombs of pharaohs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join