It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation. My theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Kind of. But the important step to answer reincarnation we need to take first is that consciousness exists in any consistent form that isn't just an illusion emerging from the brain-matter.
Making it a measurable trackable thing.

link   
i believe that the moment we are born, we start to forget.
a lot like waking up from a dream you had the night before.
i also, for no reason really, think we may reincarnate in groups.
have youever seen someones newborn baby, or perhaps your own,
break out into hysterical happiness or laughter at seeing you for the first time?

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: eisegesis

Not entirely, no.

Yes, entirely.

I understand the words, but that sentence, to me, makes it hard to understand.

You've just made it more obvious, to me, that you still don't understand.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Maybe it’s a form of energy, but we haven’t found a way to measure it yet?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

As we approach the Big Crunch, wouldn't entropy (and time) run backwards?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Interesting thought.

Or it could be the same as when a dog tilts it’s head and wags it’s tail when you’re talking?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

could be...we will know again soon.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Where do the initial souls come from to start the cycle??

Where do the additional souls come from to account for population increases??

If souls can be created some other way, why would they need to be recycled??

You already have a process to create them, why do you need a new process to recycle them from universe to universe??

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Not entirely, no.

Yes, entirely.

That's pretty rich, calling the OP pretentious then coming on like you have declaring he doesn't understand in the most condescending manner possible, but presenting ZERO evidence for anything else. In terms of cluelessness, you appear to be right up there with everyone else.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Maybe it does, but at a very close point to the end, it would be barely noticeable?

Time, I don’t think would. It would cause some sort of time loop where it would run a certain amount backwards, but then start going forward again. Kind of like a bungee rope, until it settles at a fixed point in time.

Kind of paradoxical.
edit on 10122017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Exactly my thoughts too. But how? That's the tricky part.
Or not if humans weren't so stuck in their reality tunnels.

All we do is basically deduce something by the effects it has on its environment. For some reason tough the apparatus we have through which we feel the effects of consciousness isn't given scientific credibility, because it's called subjective even tough everybody feels it. So I think it also can be stated it objectivly exists, but that's not accepted. Yet.
I would also say that measuring brain waves shows physical effects of the consciousness acting, which would imply it effects electricity (double slit experiment) but ...
That's something that hasn't sunk in with mainstream science yet also.
Im ranting sorry...
So yes to study this objectivly they expect magic.

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They always have been, but maybe not in the human form, but also animal and other life forms we don’t currently know of.

link   

My theory is that a few people reincarnate, the rest only live once and they go to a separate afterlife.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Just because we don’t have the tools now, doesn’t mean we won’t in the future.

Or, we might never know and it will forever be a mystery.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Not entirely, no.

Yes, entirely.

That's pretty rich, calling the OP pretentious then coming on like you have declaring he doesn't understand in the most condescending manner possible, but presenting ZERO evidence for anything else. In terms of cluelessness, you appear to be right up there with everyone else.

LOL Cheers to you too!!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Would the soul/spirit also go through this collapse and rebirth or will that cycle only exist for the material realm with the spiritual being unaffected?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Would the soul/spirit also go through this collapse and rebirth or will that cycle only exist for the material realm with the spiritual being unaffected?

I like to think our consciousness/soul is energy. Therefore, it would carry on with the cycle as a consciousness/soul.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Not entirely, no.

Yes, entirely.

LOL Cheers to you too!!

So whaddya got? Anything at all?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if the Buddhist Wheel of reincarnation is an attempt at some concept of evolution, or dare say, progress.

Where the whole aim of the Buddhist game in that believe, is to get out of the cycle meaning, your no longer alive, maybe finishing off unfinished bussiness , or become part of much bigger whole.

Where the Gods themselves even with all there engineering, are no different then ameobas, wherw the devas performing a systematic function like red blood cells transferring energy, where the Asuras are the white blood cells.

Macro an Mirco may oscillate here, an ad to infinity where even the smallest change on something so great, may have enormous consequences for all eternity, that is if it was around long enough to see it.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I believe we are in an infinity loop universe. By that, I mean we go from Big Bang, to Big Crunch, to Big Bang ad infinitum. Once we get to the last one, the next one is the first one.

Well, that's basically the old Hindu system of the universe. Bhrama creates the universe and then goes to sleep, Vishnu protects it, and Shiva destroys it. Then, Bhrama wakes up, and finds his universe gone, and re-creates it all over again.

Now for the reincarnation part.

We don't come back into this universe, we come back after the next Big Bang. New life, new us, new universe, new conciousness.

Actually, we come back into this universe many times. We're always "alive" somewhere in the universe.

The life of the soul is like the sun.

When the sun sets in the west, it is actually seen rising in the east somewhere else on earth.

The soul is exactly the same.

When the soul dies on earth, it awakens in the spiritual realm. Then it lives a lifetime there, and dies there, returning to the physical world, taking birth once again in a material body. And on, and on..until the end of the universe.

There's a lot more to this drama. Because there are actually "six worlds" we re-incarnate into. But, that's the basic idea.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join