It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZON drivers forced to deliver 200 parcels a day -- with no toilet breaks!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I deliver heating oil. Every professional driver I know has a pee bottle in there truck. There aren't always restrooms along some routes. 12 hour days is normal for delivery drivers starting after Thanksgiving.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The driver's have control of their time they have enough time to stop for breaks,some try to get route done faster,more to it the a few story's most are sub contract drivers,think just someone trying to make something out of nothing,Obama bred society

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Trueman

So because you're on your feet 16 hrs a day that makes it alright for drivers to drive under unreasonable conditions.

What if one of these drivers was involved in an accident with one of your loved ones?

I never said it makes it alright. What I mean is there are millions working under tough conditions, it's been like that since I can remember. We always had people working 2 jobs or an extra part-time.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

There is a really easy answer to this. PAY the drivers more and fund that by adding $1.50 or £1.00 to the delivery charge.

Instead of £2.80 make it £3.80.

However, we know what would happen in that circumstance. The third party employers would take that extra, too.

Why does all this happen? It is because humans are greedy and selfish. There should be real strict employment laws.

I live on welfare and would gladly pay a little more so the drivers could have a life and have some holidays. Imagine what that extra £1 a parcel would do if it it was sure to reach the drivers' pocket. It would be like an extra £200.00 a day.

If you want cheap delivery charges and are willing to see drivers treated like this it is YOU who are the biggest problem. I do not. I want to see civilized behavior on the part of employers.

edit on 11-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If Amazon, or their subcontractors are breaking the law then let's see them in court. Otherwise, people can find other work if working for Amazon is not for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's the Employment Agencies that are the problem for low paid/minimum pay workers. They treat workers appallingly.

A couple of years back, I signed up with a Care Agency as a Community Care Assistant. I had to have my own car, and I had to change my motor insurance policy which doubled the cost of cover. At my interview I was told that if I want an employment contract I have to agree to work 7 x 8 hour shifts over 5 days. I would also have to agree to sign a statement that I voluntarily waive the right to the minimum hours of rest between shifts. If I didn't agree to these things I wouldn't be offered a 'guaranteed-hours' full-time minimum-pay contract, but would be offered a 'zero-hours' contract instead.

The job was visiting patients/clients in their own homes, bed baths, toileting, changing catheters, administer meds, feeding, etc, various different tasks depending on individual needs and care plans. We only got paid for the time spent in the clients' homes, not for the travelling from one client to the next (there was a mileage allowance to cover fuel costs), which meant my time I spent travelling between clients was free for the agency. All calls were generally in the same town unless i had to pick up another visit from someone else's schedule, usually at a moment's notice, but the point is we didnt get paid for our time while driving between clients.

Two days a week my schedule was 6am-2pm, then back to do 4pm-10pm. Pointless going home between shifts, because by the time i got home i only had enough time left to drive back to start the next shift. One break a day was 30 minutes lunch break and was spent in the car.

The final straw for me was when my car wouldn't start one morning. I called in immediately to notify the agency, and got shouted at by the manager because she now had to re-arrange everyone else's schedule to cover my calls. I told her how about she got off her hirsute fanny and drive round for free for a change, she can re-arrange schedules on her smart phone in lunch break in the car or during the 2 hour 'rest' between shifts. I said lots of other stuff and ended by asking why they offer full-time employment contracts only to those whom sign a statement waiving their right not to be exploited? I later recieved an email saying they didnt need me any longer haha.

I had a right battle trying to get my final pay and fuel costs reimbursed out of them, it took weeks. They would fob me off on the phone and completely ignore my emails. Then I told them I had a meeting arranged with my union rep to find out what other steps I can take to recover what is owed to me. Within an hour I had a reply saying my pay was now deposited into my bank account. Amazing. The mere mention of the word 'union' and bosses poop their britches and suddenly want to play fair.

We need unions to make a comeback. Without them, bosses turn into to abusive slave-driving tyrants.

edit on 11-12-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
King Bezos isn't rich enough

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
It's the Employment Agencies that are the problem for low paid/minimum pay workers. They treat workers appallingly.

A couple of years back, I signed up with a Care Agency as a Community Care Assistant. I had to have my own car, and I had to change my motor insurance policy which doubled the cost of cover. At my interview I was told that if I want an employment contract I have to agree to work 7 x 8 hour shifts over 5 days. I would also have to agree to sign a statement that I voluntarily waive the right to the minimum hours of rest between shifts. If I didn't agree to these things I wouldn't be offered a 'guaranteed-hours' full-time minimum-pay contract, but would be offered a 'zero-hours' contract instead.

The job was visiting patients/clients in their own homes, bed baths, toileting, changing catheters, administer meds, feeding, etc, various different tasks depending on individual needs and care plans. We only got paid for the time spent in the clients' homes, not for the travelling from one client to the next (there was a mileage allowance to cover fuel costs), which meant my time I spent travelling between clients was free for the agency. All calls were generally in the same town unless i had to pick up another visit from someone else's schedule, usually at a moment's notice, but the point is we didnt get paid for our time while driving between clients.

Two days a week my schedule was 6am-2pm, then back to do 4pm-10pm. Pointless going home between shifts, because by the time i got home i only had enough time left to drive back to start the next shift. One break a day was 30 minutes lunch break and was spent in the car.

The final straw for me was when my car wouldn't start one morning. I called in immediately to notify the agency, and got shouted at by the manager because she now had to re-arrange everyone else's schedule to cover my calls. I told her how about she got off her hirsute fanny and drive round for free for a change, she can re-arrange schedules on her smart phone in lunch break in the car or during the 2 hour 'rest' between shifts. I said lots of other stuff and ended by asking why they offer full-time employment contracts only to those whom sign a statement waiving their right not to be exploited? I later recieved an email saying they didnt need me any longer haha.

I had a right battle trying to get my final pay and fuel costs reimbursed out of them, it took weeks. They would fob me off on the phone and completely ignore my emails. Then I told them I had a meeting arranged with my union rep to find out what other steps I can take to recover what is owed to me. Within an hour I had a reply saying my pay was now deposited into my bank account. Amazing. The mere mention of the word 'union' and bosses poop their britches and suddenly want to play fair.

We need unions to make a comeback. Without them, bosses turn into to abusive slave-driving tyrants.

100% its the agencys/umbrella companies that have #ed up every industry they have there greedy claws stuck into.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It will stop when a driver hits a school bus or something like that.....

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
IDK....unless you've got a really rural route, does it really take that much longer to pull over and use a public bathroom ? Maybe pee bottles could work for men and save a little time, but pooping in a bag seems like way more of a hassle then just stopping, using a bathroom and being able to wash your hands.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I was "Forced" to pee into one of these. Pretty sure it didn't break any laws.

www.quora.com...

Using the word "Forced" here is an exaggeration. Don't like your job . . . quit.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
I was "Forced" to pee into one of these. Pretty sure it didn't break any laws.

www.quora.com...

Using the word "Forced" here is an exaggeration. Don't like your job . . . quit.

This sort of comment drives me nuts. Like it's that simple to just quit your job. Tell me, what do people live on if they quit their job? Well?

Do you really think people would put up with sh!t treatment/conditions at work if they didn't have to? Of course they're 'forced', a little bit to eat is better than nothing at all. It's easy to get people to work for scraps and to suffer bad treatment/conditions when they're hungry enough.

Sh!t conditions/treatment and sh!t pay, or starve. Which would you choose?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: seasonal

No everyone gets it. But many do. Most of the floor employees get hired via temp agencies. But those who get hired on or are direct hires don't last long and usually quit. Those are the people who usually quit due to hostile work environments.

There is no source. This is just common practice in Northern Nevada for Amazon employees. Their turnover rate is INSANE. And yes, it is expensive, but Amazon doesn't care.

Didn't Amazon buy out Whole Foods? That place going to he**, as well. Customers complaining of lower quality food.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

They did.

Not sure what is going on with it. I'm gonna be working my way out of Nevada over the next few years.

Too many people from California bringing their gangs and their politics with them.

The economy up here sucks. Nothing but warehouse work. Soon as I'm finished with my degree it will be as long as it takes to sell my house and I'm out of here.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Semi drivers aren't any different lots of plastic bottles along the road full of p iss..

It's the same in any delivery job. I feel sorry for female drivers. They don't have a pipe to pee out of.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
It will stop when a driver hits a school bus or something like that.....

Don't count on it. The driver will be blamed and it will be business as usual.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is this all a plan so that we beg for drone deliveries?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

They make this device....

go-girl.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Maybe. With facial recognition technology, nobody would dare touch them. However, if the customer is not at home, what the hell is a drone going to do? I don't fancy a drone knocking at my door for a neighbours parcel.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Drop it off just like a human I would assume?

Unless you want Amazon to come inside your house with their little device they want you to buy.

Allow the drone to enter thy home!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join