It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staying warm in the Great White North

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

My ladyfriend heated up, got the sweats so bad during menopause, the sheets would be soaked, left a perfect bodyprint, that went on for almost 2 years..I felt bad so for her.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Really? Have a cigar, a mild cigar...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I lived in a old gold mining town in the high Sierras of Calif while running a gold mine year round for 5 years.

I took 1 1/2 inch foam insulation panels and cut them to fit the windows.
www.homedepot.com...

They cut the heating oil bills to 1/3 of what i had been paying.

Now i live in a motor home in the Calif desert and have fitted the windows with 1 inch foam panels and they keep the motor home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

The only heat/cold leaks i have now is the metal frames of the windows that get hot in the summer and cold in the winter and radiate the heat and cold into the inside.

I only use 1 40lb propane bottle every two weeks in the winter to keep my 34 foot motor home warm.

edit on 13-12-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Speaking of the great white, we just got about 9 inches yesterday and it's currently 12 degrees Fahrenheit, here in SE Michigan. Its a perfect combination for a....Snow Day!! Guess it's a good day to stay home and hang with the kids. Stay warm peeps!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Is this a joke thread?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Winter in SC lasts two months. I love it because it kills off the roaches some. It is what I call extreme air conditioning. We keep the house at 67. The air does get dry in the winter but it is so humid in the summer it is a blessing. All the yard work gets done in the winter. It can be 40 to 70 degree F. No one wants to be outside in June thru September. No snow here. It's been four years since our last snow ice storm which lasted two days. I grew up in the northern States and I don't miss the winter weather at all. I had pneumonia in Virginia one year. So I don't want to go back to extreme cold weather. I wish someone would write a how to stay cool in the south thread. It can be 90 + F for four months. It can get up to 115 F in July.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I have heard about foam and also people using bubble wrap on windows. It gets dark here so early I like to be able to see out of the windows during daylight, but it would be good for rooms that you don't use much.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I know ... Brrr Vancouver is bloody cold in the winter time.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I was in New Mexico recently.
A cold front came through and the temperature dropped below 20 F.
It was a little nipply.
I doubled up on wool socks and put on some thermal underwear.
A pair of denims and long sleeve cotton.
My dreadlocks tucked into my shirt collar makes a good scarf.
I slept cuddled with a dog.
All was well.
You don't want to over bundle and break a sweat.
That's when you get chilly.
Good hot soup weather.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Twenty years ago in Scotland it was minus 35 centigrade or -31°F but the wind-chill was -55 c = -67°F and twenty years before that as a kid i opened the door to snow up to my chin , we had to get food airlifted in that year but my grandparents who i lived with laughed at that and told me it used to be worse when they were young .

If i ever said IT was cold my grandfather used to tell me to tuck my shirt over IT

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Excellent ideas OP.
I have one question regarding the window film. How do you keep the tape from getting all nasty in the spring?
We tried that one year but ended up not coming off in places in the spring. Like it melted to the molding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join