It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Defense Audit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yes, you read that correctly, the Department of Defense is going to get its first ever audit. This is possibly the best thing to happen to the United States ever.

"The DoD announces it will undergo its first full-scale audit in history. The massive audit will reportedly examine every aspect of the department from personnel and supplies, to bases and weapons. There will be at least 2,400 auditors are expected to examine the pentagon’s estimated $T2.4 in assets."

www.defense.gov...

Cudos again to Prez Trump, he is actually doing things for his citizens.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

This will probably be like all those documents released that have every other page blacked out for security.
Hopefully some good will come though.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't think any black projects will see sunlight, I just know that the fraud perpetuated in the military for money is out of control. An audit is the best way to ferret out the people that abuse our military for financial gain.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Lol, they announce this every while, for a while, like when they say they are going to reduce debt or 'Balance the Budget'.

Its not quite like all the other endless wars; the war on Terror, Drugs, Crime, Poverty, Healthcare, Education, etc.
You're supposed to be relieved they are actually going to do something about it, this time.

Now go back to sleep.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think you are correct. I have never heard of the DoD being audited, ever, maybe discussed but not actually done. It is being done.

Maybe there is also a behind the scenes reason. Maybe someone knows exactly what they are looking for and need the audit to help them uncover it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Like, it would be cool if this is the first domino leading back to the fed. Providing justice be served to the people.

So are they just gonna pull their masks off and say gotcha and have a good laugh? Back to business as usual?

Justice is as big a fairy-tale as NK unicorns.

Looking at the track-record here.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I don't think you are correct. I have never heard of the DoD being audited, ever, maybe discussed but not actually done. It is being done.

Yes they have been audited. Usually though they announce it like this and it disappears into the pentagon labyrinth of hallways and offices, buried forever alongside the 'missing money'.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

While I agree that it's a damned good thing to have the transparency of an Audit.....

If you honestly believe that Audit will be complete, I've got some lovely swamp land in Flo-ride-A to sell you

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think you'll find that all the black projects that take the bulk of the money are off grid. IE. even though they have oversight from the DOD they are run by private contractors and will not appear on any audit.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

On the other hand, when's the last time an Administration 'audited' the Military??

Bring military costs into line? Perish the thought! LOL.

So the lefties spin this into their fatal trap....Russian collusion.

So overdue addressing the MIC and the military machine. But no, to obscure that amazing validation of Trump's intentions, spin it back to Russia.

My contempt.

edit on 10-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Time for another 9/11.

Anyone remember this Donald Rumsfeld gem from 9/10/2001 announcing $2.3 trillion missing:

edit on 10-12-2017 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2017 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is already a thread about this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that thread it is shown that this has NOTHING to do with trump.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Op made two mistakes.

1st this has nothing to do with Trump. The audit has been scheduled for years.

2nd this isn't their first audit as claimed by the OP. They have had audits jsut not agency wide which may cause them to shutdown for a bit.

link

The DoD Office of the Inspector General hired independent public accounting firms to conduct audits of individual components – the Army, Navy, Air Force, agencies, activities and more – as well as a departmentwide consolidated audit to summarize all results and conclusions.

edit on 10-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The guy that sells $150 toilet seats is going to be furious.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Op made two mistakes.

1st this has nothing to do with Trump. The audit has been scheduled for years.

2nd this isn't their first audit as claimed by the OP. They have had audits jsut not agency wide which may cause them to shutdown for a bit.

link

The DoD Office of the Inspector General hired independent public accounting firms to conduct audits of individual components – the Army, Navy, Air Force, agencies, activities and more – as well as a departmentwide consolidated audit to summarize all results and conclusions.

The reason you are wrong is that none of the other audits ever actually happened. I have a good sense that with Trump they will.

Sucks to suck.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I have a good sense that with Trump they will.

It was approved by the Obama administration so he will probably try to sabotage it.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe there is also a behind the scenes reason. Maybe someone knows exactly what they are looking for and need the audit to help them uncover it.

They've had the legal ability to do so since the 1990's, but they never have done anything. Would it cost too much?

Most of the offices I have worked in, have had auditors (or inventory control officers) in permanent employment. They just go round every desk in the building running barcode scanners against every item in their database. Whenever something is broken it has to be accounted for, even if it is thrown in a skip. Then the replacement is registered.

Imagine that the DoD would have to have a database on every aircraft, tank, jeep, dingy, aircraft carrier and components manufactured since World War II. I guess it would be embarrassing for them to list how much stuff dates from World War II, or how many PC's still run Windows 95.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have a good sense that with Trump they will.

It was approved by the Obama administration so he will probably try to sabotage it.

I bet it was. Doesn't matter. As long as it happens.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

On the other hand, when's the last time an Administration 'audited' the Military??

Bring military costs into line? Perish the thought! LOL.

So the lefties spin this into their fatal trap....Russian collusion.

So overdue addressing the MIC and the military machine. But no, to obscure that amazing validation of Trump's intentions, spin it back to Russia.

My contempt.

Well of course, if anyone other than a democrat does anything its terrible. And if any democrat does something terrible its all rosey. I suppose they would say the same back. That is the sadness. I think this sort of confusion has been trained and some of us can't stop being that way.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The guy that sells $150 toilet seats is going to be furious.

Hey, where do you get those bargain toilet seats?

www.thenation.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join