It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers relieved at end of Iraqi war. Not.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have already posted the Executive Order at ATS.

I welcome you to find it.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Robert,
Let's flip the script, shall we? If the Pres of the USA was testing chems on the American people, would you feel that say....France would have the right to build up and army and enter the US and just take it over, under the pretense that they are "freeing" the American people, but in reality, it is just a stepping stone to take over Canada and Mexico? I don't think so. Yes, people died because we entered the Gulf the first time...No faking that and I understand. I am not "too young" for the first Gulf War. I thought that we shoulda finished the job and took out Saddam at that point. We had a multi-national force for that as well though. Whether the UN backed us or not was neither here nor there. We had a lot more countries helping us fight at that point than this war. This was the Aussies, the Brits and the Americans. Now the Brit gov't likes us, but the people hate us. Most of our Allies probably won't trust us again. But no more Iraqis will die because Saddam isn't dead, but he's not running the country. fair trade off. NOT

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
ufochaser

I think that is an excellent, albeit unlikely analogy.

But I am not sure that RobertBurns understands the concept of 'flipping the script'. His poetry is idyllic and romantic, but it comes out of the same book.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
well ufo let's change the states.

Let's be proportionate because Iraq has 22 million, we have 300 million people.

So in Iraq Saddam killed over 300,000 people.

That would equate to 4,090,909 people. Abouts right?

So ok if America lost its congress, being dominated by one party that has NO power, there are no more "states" but just military control districts. And the President killed 4million that tried to stop it. Or resisted.

And had countless others put in prisons, sometimes for no crime other than being related to political prisoners.

And if the President were also systematically killing Blacks because they were "sub-human" and threats to the state.

And if we were fighting for no reason at all, Mexico, and, proportionately we lost 13,636,363 people.

And if it seemed evident that no one could really challenge the President, and that when he died, it seemed evident that his two sons would either jointly rule, or we'd fall into Civil War.

I'd be begging for outside help. But I couldn't because before my voice is heard, the police round me up in the night and I "disappear". No one knows where I went...

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by RobertBurns]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That was a very useful turn of the tables, Robbie!

Now, about that Executive Order, and pumping oil and profits out of Iraq with no fear of retribution...

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well does the EO really exist?

And what you say is "selling oil for profit" I say is we're buying oil from its rightful owners now! lol

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yes the EO exists, and in itself it is an interesting play between the Iraq Development Fund and non-Iraq entities who are in Iraq as a result of the military aggression.

I would be very interested to see how much profit goes in the fund, and how much is 'siphoned off', so to speak. I have no idea how accountable any of these structures are to any Iraqi citizens or to anyone else in the world. That is, I don't see any accountability and it is the Bush administration pattern to be totally unaccountable.

Totalitarianism and autocracy ruled in the Iraq of old.

Crime and corruption rule today.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Totalitarianism and autocracy ruled in the Iraq of old.

Crime and corruption rule today.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

MA, whats the difference?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hussein

totalitarian - centralised government where he in control grants neither recognition nor tolerance to parties of differing opinion

autocratic - uncontrolled or unlimited authority over others

Bush administration

criminal - acts for which punishment is prescribed by (US or international) law

corrupt - dishonest, without integrity, esp. involving bribery.

A fine line, but you can get rid of Bush uncriminally, without destroying the infrastructure and looting the cultural history and natural resources of the USA.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join