It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers relieved at end of Iraqi war. Not.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
More impeachment material. Do you listen to how the soldiers and their families in this war game feel?

"What are we getting into here?" asked the sergeant from the U.S. Army's 4th Infantry Division, stationed north of Baghdad. "The war is supposed to be over, but every day we hear of another soldier getting killed. Is it worth it? Saddam isn't in power anymore. The locals want us to leave. Why are we still here?"

The questions that sergeant put to a Washington Post reporter are ones our commander in chief had better begin to address.

For less than three months after the fall of Baghdad, we have lost almost as many men in Iraq as we did in three weeks of war. One U.S. soldier is now dying there every day.

"Mission Accomplished," read the banner behind President Bush as he spoke from the carrier deck of the Lincoln. But if the original mission to oust Saddam and end the mortal threat of his weapons of mass destruction is "accomplished," why are we still there?

Why indeed. War predicated on lies. "End" of war predicated on lies. Death and destruction continue. No plans to rebuild Iraq except by sucking its oil wells.

Arseholes.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yep. The party's over for this cabal. Now, Dean needs to be elected as Dem. Pres. nominee and we can kick the whole Bush nazi crew out.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We went to war to "supposedly" oust Saddam and the Baath party from power, hopefully killing Saddam in the process. We have been told that this has been done. Saddam and his sons have still not been found. UNtil the madman is found, how can this be mission accomplished? As for the rebuilding and the oil, it's obvious that rebuilding will happen at our leisure, if it all, and we need the money from the oil wells to fund the WMD search into other countries. Dubbya needs to get ousted from office at the end of his term so we can go back to being American and not try to take over the world. Those soldiers can't be relieved, because as long as Dubbya is in office, their new mission and job is to hunt down all Iraqi opposition. I know we said we were going to leave some troops over there, but how many have to die for a country that is divided on whether they even want us there helping to free them or not? Sure we've all seen the tank helping the statue of Saddam down, and they were happy then, but look how we are being repayed for this "freedom" Rocket-propelled granades killing our troops daily. Yea, we should definitely go to another country and do this again. It's working out soooo well for us now.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
ufochaser

Actually, if you look carefully, the "V-Day" scene of the statue being pulled down was a have.

1. It was next to the International Hotel, hosting the majority of the international press gallery.

2. It was about the 20th most significant Saddam statue.

3. There were a handful of locals present, boosted by imported "freedom fighters".

4. When published by the mainstream press, images were further enhanced to lend the appearance of a large celebrating throng of gleeful Iraqis.

It never happened.

It was all put on.

It was another big lie.

Does that make you more comfortable?

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
WOW....I didn't even realize that! It does not really shock me though. I was talking to someone earlier today who said he was just waiting to watch the news and see a brand new WMD plant even though we bombed everything. It's all about cover your a-- and it sucks. The US made a mistake, now pay the consequences and join the real world instead of taking it over/manipulating it.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Yep. The party's over for this cabal. Now, Dean needs to be elected as Dem. Pres. nominee and we can kick the whole Bush nazi crew out.

Dean's and the Democratic Party's hopes for the White House is nothing but many would call a dream. Needs and wants are often times overcome by reality. Though I certainly would love to see a different President, I do think it is a hopeless scenerio unless something 'happens' to drastically change the outcome.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Dean's and the Democratic Party's hopes for the White House is nothing but many would call a dream. Needs and wants are often times overcome by reality. Though I certainly would love to see a different President, I do think it is a hopeless scenerio unless something 'happens' to drastically change the outcome.

regards
seekerof

You can't give up hope. The American people will see through this charade of lies, propoganda and fear tactics and come to their senses.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Actually I think it's easy for the American people to forgive and forget the charade of lies, propaganda and fear tactics until they really start hurting in the nerve nearest the pocket.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I did tell co-workers that the hard part of this war ould not be the assault-it would be the aftermath. and it will be difficult.

Also, you seem to use the nazifont a lot too........
?!? Do you idolize them also?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Actually I think it's easy for the American people to forgive and forget the charade of lies, propaganda and fear tactics until they really start hurting in the nerve nearest the pocket.

What kind of crap logic is that? So what. the EU has a stake in the game. We never said we wanted to own it all, did we? You do not think other nations are, at this moment, lying their a$$es off to the people at times? If America wanted in '45 we capably could have nuked the rest of the developed world.................. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Jealousy, envy, pure friggin hatred...I am sure the motivation can be found.

Some need to look into their own for dirt and grime.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Masked logic

1. US people mostly don't vote.
2. US people are not passionate about politics or world affairs.
3. US people will only care enough about the impact of these things if it hurts them, their values or their familes at a personal or economic level.

Tyriffic logic

1. Other countries have lying politicians so it is fine for the US to have lying politicians.
2. Remember, US has sufficient nuclear arsenal to wipe every human being off the planet.
3. US has things to be envied.

I will support my logic over yours any time.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Masked, please refrain from stereotyping the American people and its Society.

You said:

"US People mostly don't vote"

Where is this statistic from may I ask?

US People don't care about politics or world affairs?

1 Thing...WTF?!?!

Don't care about politics? Where the hell did you get this one? World affairs...maybe they don't, but I bet the majority does.

Ok, the last one you may be right on, but it is still a stereotype, NOT ALL Americans feel this way. Good suggestions though, my friend. But I do think Tyriffic was right in some points to:

the US has things to be envied...this is true:

1) Most powerful army
2) Only true 'superpower' in the world
3) Patriotic citizens, after 9/11, the whole country was proud of its homeland
4) A variety of people and environments
From the mountains of the west, to the flatlands of the middle, to tropics of the south-east, to the heavy snow of the east, there is something for everyone!
Americans cannot be stereotyped, I'm afraid MA, because it is people from across the globe. You cannot call someone who lives here an 'american' and use it against them. Chinese, Phillipino, Caucasion(sp?), African American, Japanese, Russian, all kinds of different people, this is what makes America so great, is the different people and places to live and to visit. I am sorry most of your thoughts were wrong on this one, buddy.

-Peace

-Mac

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Mac223]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would say this is just a build up to putting a UN force in there.

It won't have control of the Iraq economy though.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am giving a firm and valid description of middle America, which reads the mainstream press and watches cable and network news for information (if any interest is taken beyond the sports pages of course).

I would encourage you to go and look at the voter turnout statistics for the last 4-5 federal elections as an exercise in confirmation. I'm sure you know how to do do that.

People who vote care. Less of the people who vote are passionate. I am careful how I couch my logic.

You, however, are casting yourself into your own stereotype of underinformed America. "I bet the majority does this or that". Be careful.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And BTW: How come so many people hate the U.S.A? I would think some do because they do ENVY and are JEALOUS of it. Different people, places, food, societies, and LOGICS

I don't think people should hate the U.S., yes it has done some bad things in the past, but what country hasn't? Give me a country that is perfect in its ways and I will back down. The U.S. has helped the world, too.

Ask me if you want info on this, I am too tired to post it now

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Masked logic

1. US people mostly don't vote.
2. US people are not passionate about politics or world affairs.
3. US people will only care enough about the impact of these things if it hurts them, their values or their familes at a personal or economic level.

Tyriffic logic

1. Other countries have lying politicians so it is fine for the US to have lying politicians.
2. Remember, US has sufficient nuclear arsenal to wipe every human being off the planet.
3. US has things to be envied.

I will support my logic over yours any time.

#1 I have probably voted more than you know my friend.

#2 If they are not passionate, then why am I here?

#3 Like most other in this world- name calling reserved here*

You can keep your un-logic, I'll keep mine thank you very much!

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
" I bet the majority does care about world affairs"

My opinion, bro.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Masked I can not agree with your opinions on the war.

First off though, where's your proof that the Statue pulling down was a "show" that was to make it seem more celebrating then there really was? Were you there yourself, cause if not this leaves me confused

Anyways...There is nothing so destructive, as Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Back on topic.

I think a lot of the problems that the US is getting in Iraq at the moment are mainly because the Iraqis believe Saddam is still alive.

Why doesn't he reinforce their belief? Surely he could have got TV pictures out? Even if he personally couldn't make an appearance what happened to all of his lookalikes?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Saddam statue fraud is old news.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

There are dozens of analyses and eyewitness accounts taking it further.

As a "calming" influence, I have nothing against the US. I spend heaps of time there.

What is really interesting is how the positive things expressed about the US are in many other countries around the world, too. US is not best or worst at anything.

Rampant patriotism is a disease of stupidity. I am anti-corruption and anti-stupidity. It's easier to get away with corruption when you can keep your constituents underinformed and rely on their stupidity, though.

<<   2  3 >>

join