It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compromise Question??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just shows how much people really care about the unborn if they are willing to compromise.
Picking guns over babies.....

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This wouldn't be a compromise for me. I'm good with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Don't expect much from some on the right. They will go on and on about saving the baby in the womb but never mention that once it is born, the child is no longer their problem.

They do not want their tax dollars going to help an unwanted child.

As for guns, just remember according to them, there is a bogey man around every corner out to get you.

edit on 10-12-2017 by DrakeMorningstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You missed a word...allow me to rephrase...

'So the right to choose infringes on another's right to choose life.'

So, do I see a conflict keeping both sides of the equation equal?

Where you to ask that, I'd answer yes. However, there is no conscious "choice" in the latter. Sorry, I know this offends, but it's true.

So, in a word...no.

edit on 12/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeMorningstar

Ah, but I guess we're going to see whether they/we are willing to give up something for it.

You see, the knife of hypocrisy, like life, cuts both ways.

I've learned quite a bit on this thread.

I thank you all for your candid responses.

Best.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Great 'emotional' comeback!

Classic liberal.

Next thing you know you'll be telling us how we should be ashamed for choosing our cars over the baby seals in Antarctica.

BTW...just because you can, doesn't mean you should! The question was NOT if I can have my guns...all babies should die!

Your logic is seriously flawed, dangerously so! If someone wants to have an abortion it involves a choice...no one is forcing them to do it! Just like no one is forcing someone to pull a trigger.

edit on 12/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For the record...this was not an 'easy' question, nor was it intended to be.

I felt the people of ATS, being more intelligent than most, have the adequate faculties to contend with such a question, and this is the reason I asked it here.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The problem is being pro gun or pro choice isn't a defining factor on if someone is on the left or right. At least not like it is made out to be.I know a lot of people on the right that are pro choice and a lot of people on the left that are proud gun owners. Me, I am pro choice and pro gun so all the arguments are not going to make me change my mind on either issue. Also my state isn't idiotic about gun laws like Cali is. I feel for them.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You could have just responded with one word...yes.

Would have saved you some words.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I am a libertarian so my voice doesn't count anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I love your question and your willingness to dare to discuss compromise. I think it's an awesome thread topic.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I think his answer was no.

I'm not american, left or right, but my answer would also be no.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

If you cared so much about the unborn it wouldn't even be a question you wouldn't even ask to compromise.
I wouldn't compromise with a womans right to choose to get rid of guns.
You love your guns great many don't give a # if you have em or not...your choice.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Fair enough.

Duly noted.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'll take it your answer is no also.

Noted.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeMorningstar
Don't expect much from some on the right. They will go on and on about saving the baby in the womb but never mention that once it is born, the child is no longer their problem.

They do not want their tax dollars going to help an unwanted child.

As for guns, just remember according to them, there is a bogey man around every corner out to get you.

This represents why we can't have a serious discussion on any of these issues. Complete misrepresentation of the other side. And yes both sides do this.

I dunno what's more sad, that in almost 5 complete pages, 100 posts, there's really only been about 5 legit answers to the question posed by the OP, or the fact that that doesn't surprise me at all.

This forum really has gone downhill since I started lurking.

ETA: The question doesn't apply to me, just throwing that out there.
edit on 11 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You see, I realize people have different opinions, and I can respect that.

My question in the OP was honest, and I believe relevant.

As I've stated (again and again) I don't harbor any ill-will for any answer, one way or the other. I'm merely asking for a simple answer.

Some find this question hopelessly difficult and are simply unable to answer (the question). Instead, they must post some other 'emotional' counter which doesn't answer a thing, but rather just amps up the existing argument (which just obfuscates the original question).

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Some find this question hopelessly difficult and are simply unable to answer (the question). Instead, they must post some other 'emotional' counter which doesn't answer a thing, but rather just amps up the existing argument

You nailed it.

So many people can't discuss an issue without becoming invested (emotionally or otherwise). They can't step outside themselves.

That is the problem.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Some find it very difficult to make a true "decision" when faced with no other alternatives. They find it much more comfortable sitting in their easy chair, their comfort zone, and throwing rocks to amplify the existing argument without actually having to take a position themselves.

Those bastions of anonymity and obfuscation should be overturned...by all of us!!

They should not be allowed to exist in the shadows how they do, cloaked in their world of clever little remarks and snickers to the other members of their 'club', their inner circle.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Some find it very difficult to make a true "decision" when faced with no other alternatives.

What is this supposed to mean? In the context of the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join