It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compromise Question??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Yes, you can even add punching the stomach with a hammer if you so choose, sick sick bastards. But if the attacks on the second drop, I will say go kill all the babies you want, its your soul.

oh, go fly a kite

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Either - or, is not an option

Under your set of rules, a snake oil salesman would be effective, hence my analogy of the citizen/customer willing to mindlessly buy into contradictory territory.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Your opinion. The courts don't see it that way, or if they do it's "legal" murder. What another does, as long as it's not in my face, isn't my business. Nor would I consider putting energy into it.

Yeah, it is just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I have a compromise question for those on the left...

i think maybe 'for those on the left' should have been in a much bigger font... lol

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Question - If the right dropped the Freedom of Choice / Abortion issue, would you consider dropping the 2nd Amendment / Gun issue?

I appreciate the honest question.

For me personally no.

Because I am against abortion but also against the second amendment.

In fact I would go as far to say that I am more pro-life than I am anti-gun.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
DP
edit on 10-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

can i ask where you came up with this notion to begin with?

Physics.

Sometimes to answer the hardest questions you have to reduce things down to their simplest fundamental elements...and then take those elements to the extremes.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm thinking you may be right.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I would, but then I ain't entirely against your right to own guns...
I do believe that the gov't does have the right to regulate what kind of arms you can own and weather some in our population should be allowed to own them....
you either agree with that position of mine, or you agree that I should be able to have a missile launcher in my back yard and a stash of powerful missiles stashed in my garage!! that your neighbor does, no matter how crazy you believe he is and how many times he has threatened to shoot your dog because his barking annoys him. he should be able to have missiles and the ability to launch them, and well, if your dog's barking causes him to blow up the entire neighborhood and the only thing left alive is the barking dog, well, it's only a mental health issue!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thank you for your response.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

No problem dude.

I am curious and I know that it might already have been covered but what do you think.

Would you have open abortions for everyone who wanted one but get your guns.

Or

a all out ban on abortion but also no guns?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Incidentally, and for the record, my intent here is not to argue/debate your answer...provided you actually provide an "answer" to the question asked.

And perhaps to be fair I should ask the converse question (essentially the same, but reversed) to those on the right...

Question - If the left agreed to drop their opposition to the 2nd Amendment/Gun issue, would you (on the right) drop your opposition to the pro-choice issue (i.e. allow abortion)?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Fair question. And as you may know, I speak from a conservative (right) point of view. In any case...

Answer - Yes, I would agree to drop any opposition to pro-choice/abortion in return for the left dropping opposition to the 2nd Amendment/Guns. Yes.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Question - If the right dropped the Freedom of Choice / Abortion issue, would you consider dropping the 2nd Amendment / Gun issue?

I'm a little unclear what you mean by "dropped."

If you mean "no longer discuss or champion the cause of" I would have to say no. First Amendment, people can discuss what they want.

If you mean give up a right to take away a different right from someone else, that would be a big NO.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I'm a little unclear what you mean by "dropped."

By "drop" I mean...do not pursue any further legislation against.

If you mean "no longer discuss or champion the cause of" I would have to say no. First Amendment, people can discuss what they want.

Yep, people can 'discuss' whatever they want. No issue there. But, it's just that...discussion. This question is about laws and legislation.

edit - I have intentionally not responded to your third question.

edit II - Actually, I will respond to your 3rd item. In all actuality, this whole premise is about the exact antithesis of taking rights away. It's about not taking rights away...any rights at all. In fact, that's the very essence of it!

edit on 12/10/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Why are non-US citizens posting in this thread - wasn't the following by Flyingclaydisk clear enough?

Please read the question carefully. edit - In any case, you are correct...this question is indeed for US members. Thank you for pointing this out.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Not an American, but am a left leaning (I think?) libertarian.

Pro-choice only up to 20 weeks (but pro birth control to not need an abortion), and pro-gun for rural dwellers.
We need guns in the rural areas. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.....

Not for concealed carry, or guns in the larger cities.

I wouldn't give up my views on either one for the other.

Problem with that idea is there are more than just a few city dwellers that enjoy and actually do hunt.
edit on 2017-12-10T13:28:35-06:0001pmSun, 10 Dec 2017 13:28:35 -0600SundayAmerica/Chicago3531 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Also, city homes get broken into just as much if not even more often than rural homes. City dwellers need protection just as much or even more than rural citizens.
edit on 2017-12-10T13:31:23-06:0001pmSun, 10 Dec 2017 13:31:23 -0600SundayAmerica/Chicago2331 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm not American, so...

They are different issues.

They aren't currency that can be traded.

To treat them as tradeable commodities negates the actual issues. It is an artificial construct that cannot resolve social problems. It would be a way for government to abrogate its responsibility to govern.

edit on 10/12/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

As a lot of people on the left do, I already support the second amendment.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Okay, I know I'm probably steppin' in it with this question, hence the 'mud-pit', but I have a compromise question for those on the left...

One for one (only).

Honest question.

No politics (ha, like that will ever happen here), no Trump did this, Clinton did that...just an answer to the question, please.

No.

I think there needs to be some regulation or de-militarization of citizens after looking at the number of gun deaths per capita. The number of people killed in robberies/gang shootings, etc is much smaller than those shot and killed in road rage/bar fights/arguments/murder-suicide and the increasing number of incidents where four or more people are killed by a single shooter.

I see information that guns kill as many people per year as cars do... and we regulate cars.

Sex ed and available contraception can vastly reduce the number of abortions. I support having those available to the public and for free (yes, birth control pills for women and a culture where men commonly wear condoms.)

Edited to add: I am not completely opposed to guns. I can see owning a rifle or two for hunting (but you really don't need a semi-automatic or automatic just to hunt a deer.) I can see owning a pistol if you care to own one and have a permit and take classes or re-test (same sort of rules for drivers and drivers' licenses. I can even see gun dealers owning collections and having access to unusual weapons as long as they are kept in a responsible way. I can see gun range owners having a collection of weapons and renting them to fire at that facility. But I find it questionable when someone owns up to 50 of these weapons and stockpiles a lot of ammunition (Las Vegas shooter and there are others out there who own a large number of guns who haven't shot up anything.)
edit on 10-12-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join