It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compromise Question??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

As a pro-freedom (aka pro-choice), pro 2nd A (aka pro-freedom) person, I would say NO to the question as stated.

The two issues are not related. Might as well ask if the right-wing would stop funneling all wealth to the top 1%, would the left-wing give up paved highways. The two are not related.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Wrong side of the issue.

Not the question.

The question is, if the right 'backed off' on the pro-choice issue (in other words, did not officially oppose pro-choice) would the left agree to not oppose the 2nd Amendment / Gun rights.

Not asking whether "you" should be allowed to defend yourself! Do you understand the question now?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Question - If the right dropped the Freedom of Choice / Abortion issue, would you consider dropping the 2nd Amendment / Gun issue?

i'd like to answer one way or the other, but the terms are so vague i can't.

does the right dropping their issue mean any woman can have an abortion at any point in her pregnancy for any reason, with no waiting periods and no need for permission from anyone else? does it mean the restrictions on abortion by medication are stopped and any woman can just go take some pills at home?

does the left dropping their issue mean that anyone can have any amount of any type of gun they want, with no background checks or restrictions for mental health or a history of violence? does it mean no more registration?

i'm willing to ignore the logistics of implementing any of this or convincing anyone to go along, but i still am curious what terms you're envisioning.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

*Sigh

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How could you compromise on abortion if you believe it is murder?

Sorta where I'm at. I don't think abortion should be used as birth control(take responsibility before sex) but can see the value in other instance. Secondly if YOU want an abortion it's none of my business.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wrong side of the issue.

Not the question.

The question is, if the right 'backed off' on the pro-choice issue (in other words, did not officially oppose pro-choice) would the left agree to not oppose the 2nd Amendment / Gun rights.

Not asking whether "you" should be allowed to defend yourself! Do you understand the question now?

My answer is still the same.
Apples/Oranges

No! The 2nd amendment is a right a fully stand behind. I won't vote for anyone who doesn't support it.
And just because they stop "talking" about killing babies, they will still allow it to happen.

Sorry these are two things I feel very strongly about and one is not worth the other, if that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Question - If the right dropped the Freedom of Choice / Abortion issue, would you consider dropping the 2nd Amendment / Gun issue?

i'd like to answer one way or the other, but the terms are so vague i can't.

does the right dropping their issue mean any woman can have an abortion at any point in her pregnancy for any reason, with no waiting periods and no need for permission from anyone else? does it mean the restrictions on abortion by medication are stopped and any woman can just go take some pills at home?

Finally!!! An actual answer...with a valid question! Answer - No restrictions whatsoever. None.

does the left dropping their issue mean that anyone can have any amount of any type of gun they want, with no background checks or restrictions for mental health or a history of violence? does it mean no more registration?

Fair question. Answer - No additional restrictions and/or laws beyond those which exist today.

(Note-in a perfect world (which we're not in) I'd ask that some of the individual state magazine bans be dropped, but I'll let that go for now just to get some answers)

i'm willing to ignore the logistics of implementing any of this or convincing anyone to go along, but i still am curious what terms you're envisioning.

Hopefully I have answered your questions.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Sorta where I'm at. I don't think abortion should be used as birth control(take responsibility before sex) but can see the value in other instance. Secondly if YOU want an abortion it's none of my business.

It is none of your business then if someone commits murder?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yep, duly noted.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
# I would certainly be willing to take that deal as a right leaning moderate!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I had an epiphany ... Reading an article elsewhere the author addressed the people not as citizens, but as customers. I think that is what we have been reduced to. Aided to make choices, aided from cradle to grave, but foremost customers. we only need clever enough sales people.

Your question is kind of like which would you rather do without, water or food.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Your opinion. The courts don't see it that way, or if they do it's "legal" murder. What another does, as long as it's not in my face, isn't my business. Nor would I consider putting energy into it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

So you're pro-both..or what?

Do you have an answer, or just want to pontificate?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Your question is kind of like which would you rather do without, water or food.

Pfft. That's easy. You can't use food for mix.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Yes, you can even add punching the stomach with a hammer if you so choose, sick sick bastards. But if the attacks on the second drop, I will say go kill all the babies you want, its your soul.

link   

That would depend on people's views, of when an embryo turns into a fetus and when a fetus turns into a baby. Some people are of the belief that conception is the point of when it's an actual baby, even though it's a lump of cells at that point.
Other people believe that the fetus becomes a baby, when it can survive outside of the uterus, with help of an incubator.
And there's still seems to be a few that think it's not a baby, until it's born. I think these people are the rarest.

link   
Merry Christmas:

edit on 10-12-2017 by Templeton because: Not worth my time

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Finally!!! An actual answer...with a valid question! Answer - No restrictions whatsoever. None.

Fair question. Answer - No additional restrictions and/or laws beyond those which exist today.

(Note-in a perfect world (which we're not in) I'd ask that some of the individual state magazine bans be dropped, but I'll let that go for now just to get some answers)

Hopefully I have answered your questions.

wow

i guess i would take that deal, not 100% happy with all of it but it seems like a good trade on this end.

i actually would not like to remove ALL restrictions on abortion -- i do believe late term abortions should continue, as they are now, to only be something done out of medical necessity.

and i would be okay with gun laws as they are now, if the restrictions based on mental illness and histories of violence were implemented (and enforced) consistently across all states and jurisdictions. not 100% thrilled with the status quo but i believe there are other ways we can reduce violent shooting deaths aside from further legislation on guns.

can i ask where you came up with this notion to begin with?

link   

a reply to: Plotus

So you're pro-both..or what?

Do you have an answer, or just want to pontificate?

That's the thing dude. You've set up and either/or. Life isn't like that....tside of ATS.
There are many that take the individual issue and apply their values to them. Those you will get no clear answer to your question. You've already seen it in this thread. Pro choice and pro gum.

link   
"No politics (ha, like that will ever happen here), no Trump did this, Clinton did that...just an answer to the question, please."

Ok.... but it can not be answered in your format.

I am Pro Life, and Pro Gun. Thusly by definition someone willing to fight for life. Perhaps it's because I'm a Vet also.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join