It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Quotes From High Ranking Individuals and Credible Eye Witnesses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Excellent post OP.
Very well put together.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: jeep3r

Credible quotes add legitimacy to the UFO phenomenon, but I also feel multiple eye-witness sightings by the public, military personnel. airline pilots and the public give even more legitimacy to the subject.

I want to believe, but.... I need something tangible that I can touch or an entity I can interact with to say "OK there really are Aliens'.

I want to believe.....I do watch the Ancient Aliens and must say the glyphs all over Earth do speak of fantastic possibilities. I am open to whatever the truth is. I just need to be able to confirm for myself like Doubting Thomas had to do.
ETA
I am more inclined to believe Earthlings were great explorers of the Solar system and maybe the Universe in a distant past than that for sure we have aliens. With apparent distances to the nearest stars being beyond our current ability, perhaps alien civilizations are having the same issues as we are?

edit on 12-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I've done enough research on the subject and there are many multiple eye-witness accounts you just can't sweep under the rug. Many of these witnesses have gone through government interrogations, polygraphs and have been sworn or threatened to secrecy. Some skeptics have become believers after having their own close encounters. In my opinion, to think we're the only intelligent life forms in this universe is rather arrogant.

There will come a day when our government will no longer be able to keep the lid on the box. It will most likely happen when extraterrestrials present themselves to the world. When that happens, governments officials everywhere will have a lot of explaining to do about why they kept the biggest secret from mankind.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

There will come a day when our government will no longer be able to keep the lid on the box. It will most likely happen when extraterrestrials present themselves to the world. When that happens, governments officials everywhere will have a lot of explaining to do about why they kept the biggest secret from mankind.

Not even sure why we feel the need for our governments to acknowledge, in the first place, we all know they constantly lie, cheat, and the corruption has always been there.

So maybe we should have enough confidence in ourselves to confirm it?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Really well laid-out, nice-to-read thread, thanks. It reminds me of the mystery in life, the stuff that really got my brain turning over when I first got into the alternative research paradigm.

As others have said, the current state of the field is shoddy, a shambles, sadly. Blue Avians & Sphere Being Alliances? Come on. I had a friend who sent me info on those particular alien friends once, a couple of years back, and I simply couldn't believe that my friend was taking such nonsense seriously. I thought, surely, that's the end of this junk, someone's going to set things right again. But nope, then we got the whole Flat Earth mumbo-jumbo. It scares me, as to what these folks will dream up next!

I always believed that to get anywhere close to what's going on, one has to read certain authors. They pre-eminently include Dr Jaques Vallee, Dr Paul La Violette, and Dr Jospeh P Farrell. If you read those three, you will understand a good portion of what might be/actually is happening. There are surely others that could be added, but for consistency, cogence & simple good theoretical research, well-referenced, covering as many angles as possible, those are the three to look at.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I've done enough research on the subject and there are many multiple eye-witness accounts you just can't sweep under the rug. Many of these witnesses have gone through government interrogations, polygraphs and have been sworn or threatened to secrecy. Some skeptics have become believers after having their own close encounters. In my opinion, to think we're the only intelligent life forms in this universe is rather arrogant.

I think you are right about some very good eye witnesses and I do agree that as a reason to believe. I had an opportunity to meet the guy who, while at MIT, invented the 1st spy satellite in the 50's using electro magnetic field detection. He was supportive of the idea their might be real aliens, he even interviewed far reaching people like Al Belick of project Montauk that was connected to the Philadelphia experience, but he was more onto the secret weapons they were using on us than an alien threat. Some of his stories I had to believe because of my own time in the Army and the top secret things we were shown that became common knowledge in recent years. It really is we are 30 years behind the gov when we get new tech......That much I saw 1st hand.

I am referring to Jim Moore of the Omega Report from the 80's and 90's. I assume he is long gone now but my company hired him to review some issues with a building of a client that had a lot of cancer and he was able to identify the source which was a huge electro magnetic field that people walked through to get to their office. That was fixed and the people are safer now but the Medical field demanded the building be checked when the cancer rate went sky high per capital.

That said, he left me with the impression that we might have aliens living among us beut we did have a gov with secret weapons that was to be used on unwitting souls. Microwave weapons being one of them. Googling him, i don't get much back because he was so long ago and before all the social media.
edit on 12-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

What I'm concerned about is if Aliens are working among us or the U.S. knows about them, are they a threat to mankind or are they here to help us? The human race certainly isn't peaceful so there's a real good chance other alien races could be just as bad or even worse.

I agree, the public's technology is probably 30 years or more behind military technology. Any new technology is usually controlled or researched for military applications before products with the same technology are released to the public. Night Vision scopes is one example. I grew up watching the Star Trek series and some of that technology on that show has become a reality or is currently in the research stage. Holograms is one example.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

The big question I have, if aliens are here, why would they be working with our government behind the scenes instead of making themselves known to the public? I'm sure they know the worlds governments are all dishonest, corrupt and controlling. If they're working with them in secret, their purpose may be a threat to humanity.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

If they're working with them in secret, their purpose may be a threat to humanity.

Aliens are a threat by nature.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You may be impressed with what some popular personalities/celebrities have to say about UFOs. But their status does not impress me. What impresses me is reading about a sighting from any individual that provides a thorough description with details. The celebrities' status does not give them an opinion worth taking to the bank.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Its always nice to see credible people make clear statements about UFO's but in the end I don't need them as I'm one of the lucky folk who saw and reported one, it wasn't a mirage, both me and my wife saw it. The size was huge and it defied gravity, no way could a craft as big as this simply drift across the sky in a perfectly straight line this slow.

People say it was a balloon but it really wasn't, it was what I was to find out was a classic triangle with lights and no propulsion system in view which a blimp that was untethered would have let alone one that was way bigger than a football stadium.

If this was our tech its way beyond anything that pops up as black projects and if it was a black project then it was very well hidden, I mean flying over a portion of East London not far from the Heathrow flight path but way lower.

As for the list, all the people have a right to be on there but Nick Pope maybe should not, he was an administrator, he moved documents about, his role has been hugely exaggerated since he got in with the UFO travelling pundit crowd, I even saw one show list him as a defence analyst..

Seriously....I'll give him credit for getting himself on every TV documentary spouting whatever they want him to say but UFO researcher..No...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What a beautiful well done OP Jeep3r.
I think this thread is fantastic. Do you think we'll have to
add Lou Elizando from the DOD's Advanced unknown Aerial
Technology ? Seems to me the DOD is admitting to the existence
of UFO's starting this month.
exonews.org...
edit on 13-12-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Thanks for the feedback!

To be honest, I know too little about Lou Elizando to be able to judge his accomplishments or professional career (and it would probably be arrogant of me to do so).

But I'm generally reserved right now regarding everyone involved in Tom DeLonge's TTS initiative since it seems to be more of a full-fledged entertainment project than anything else.

And since Dr. H. Puthoff is also on the team, we should perhaps recall the criticism he's been facing for some of his research. He apparently refused to provide transcripts of his remote viewing experiments upon request by the science community.

If true, then it wouldn't be the ideal staffing for launching a trustworthy, transparent initiative. I could of course be wrong, but up to now it seems the TTS guys don't have anything substantial to show or share.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Unfortunately this continues to be all we're left with after 7 decades and many thousands of claims. To rehash old cases, old opinions, and so forth. The position of authority doesn't make an incident any more factual. Opinions of those educated still remain opinions until physical evidence shows otherwise. So there's no real value here, other than believers themselves placing high value in these claims/opinions which only helps further support their own belief.

I think Carl Sagan is out of place in this group. Sagan, of course, believed the possibility of intelligent alien life in our galaxy or the universe was real. He didn't however believe that ET was visiting Earth given the lack of evidence up until his death.

Stanton Friedman seems to stay true to what he says and doesn't waver in any way from his opinion even when faced with opposing evidence. Two examples would be the Hill "star map" and the Yukon incident. So his sincerity and motivations are questionable.

J Allen Hynek was sincere in his study which went on for several decades. But even after his own research, he wasn't any closer to an answer than when he began.

Jesse Marcel Sr. and Jr. never saw an alien spacecraft or alien bodies. A non-incident for 30+ years that snowballed into one of the "best" cases. If anyone did deep research into the incident themselves they would see an Earthly answer.

Kenju Terauchi, the pilot of JAL 1628, claimed to have 2 other sightings of motherships, neither being substantiated. During the 1628 incident, he had a crew of a co-pilot and navigator that never saw the claimed mothership the size of two aircraft carriers. This is even after completing a 360 degree turn around the "mothership." A United Airlines and a military flight were diverted to visually confirm this huge UFO following them, but they saw nothing. Terauchi claimed it vanished.

I'm not knocking your thread, there are some that may not be familiar with some of these examples. But rather than taking a story at face value, in-depth research and investigation need to occur. Also, a personal sighting doesn't mean every other story is true.

originally posted by: data5091
As I mentioned already, this case

in Delphos Kansas still stands out as one of the strongest cases on record for evidence left behind bu a ufo.

The book is based largely on a scientific research paper Dr Faruk wrote for publication in a number of scientific journals, but his publication was rejected.

Dr Faruk claims that although his report deals with "physical and chemical evidence" as required, he was told it was investigating an "inappropriate" subject matter.

When Faruk approached the International Journal of Astrobiology he received the following response: "This is not a rigorous research paper. ... We need detailed chemical analyses not just morphological analyses ... In my opinion you have the ground for the formation of a hypothesis, but not the proof. Suggest a few alternative hypotheses and test them experimentally as well." So he did attempt to have his paper reviewed, but it wasn't rejected because it dealt with UFOs as we're lead to believe, but instead because his work didn't meet the high quality scientific protocols needed for peer review and possible publication.
Faruk also worked with chemist Phyllis Budinger who ran a lab in which she analyzed samples from other UFO landings, alien abductions, cattle mutilations, and crop circles. A biased source used to help support his UFO claim. When you fall short of meeting scientific standards, surround yourself with other "experts" that share the same UFO/alien bias I guess.
This is an example of what I said above. Don't take a story at face value because it supports your own bias or it's what a so-called expert tells you, research the entire story yourself. Delphos, JAL 1628, Roswell, and many other UFO/alien stories are available to research online.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed reading these.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

Constructive debate is always welcome. That said, I don't agree with all the points you mentioned. See further below to find out why.

Unfortunately this continues to be all we're left with after 7 decades and many thousands of claims. To rehash old cases, old opinions, and so forth. The position of authority doesn't make an incident any more factual. Opinions of those educated still remain opinions until physical evidence shows otherwise. So there's no real value here, other than believers themselves placing high value in these claims/opinions which only helps further support their own belief.

It's not about authority or celebrity status, some of these individuals spent many years and decades in ufology actually working on cases. As a result, they have come to a number of conclusions which IMO clearly add value to the debate. The fact that physical evidence is hard to get by is undoubtedly part of this highly elusive phenomenon.

I think Carl Sagan is out of place in this group. Sagan, of course, believed the possibility of intelligent alien life in our galaxy or the universe was real. He didn't however believe that ET was visiting Earth given the lack of evidence up until his death.

I know what you mean, but think about what he actually says: just because "we" can't do interstellar (also think interdimensional) travel, doesn't mean others can't do it. That's why Carl Sagan's quote is a good fit for this collection.

Stanton Friedman seems to stay true to what he says and doesn't waver in any way from his opinion even when faced with opposing evidence. Two examples would be the Hill "star map" and the Yukon incident. So his sincerity and motivations are questionable.

I can't defend Friedman against those allegations, so this would be something to look into more in detail.

J Allen Hynek was sincere in his study which went on for several decades. But even after his own research, he wasn't any closer to an answer than when he began.

Knowing that the phenomenon exists and being able to provide evidence for it, can IMO be called progress and that's obviously the conclusion he got to at the end of his career.

Jesse Marcel Sr. and Jr. never saw an alien spacecraft or alien bodies. A non-incident for 30+ years that snowballed into one of the "best" cases. If anyone did deep research into the incident themselves they would see an Earthly answer

Sure, it could have been a project mogul balloon train, or any other classified cold war project. Or something from the Soviets. But that, too, is nothing but speculation.

Kenju Terauchi, the pilot of JAL 1628, claimed to have 2 other sightings of motherships, neither being substantiated. During the 1628 incident, he had a crew of a co-pilot and navigator that never saw the claimed mothership the size of two aircraft carriers. This is even after completing a 360 degree turn around the "mothership." A United Airlines and a military flight were diverted to visually confirm this huge UFO following them, but they saw nothing. Terauchi claimed it vanished.

Terauchi was grounded for some time after the incident. Japan Airlines was highly embarassed following the report and all the public attention that came afterwards, so I'm not surprised his colleagues played it down. FAA Head of Investigations & Accidents John Calahan substantiates the case. There's a reason why pilots of civilian airlines are reluctant to report anything given the way such behaviour has been handled in other cases (also see O'Hare Airport Incident). As far as I know there was a possibility to divert other flights to confirm the UFO visually, but Terauchi declined. Apparently he was well aware that he was causing enough trouble at that point with his inquiries, but that's my personal point of view.

I'm not knocking your thread, there are some that may not be familiar with some of these examples. But rather than taking a story at face value, in-depth research and investigation need to occur. Also, a personal sighting doesn't mean every other story is true.

You're welcome to be critical, but in-depth investigation is what many of the quoted individuals have been doing and that's why I decided to mention them in this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
It's not about authority or celebrity status, some of these individuals spent many years and decades in ufology actually working on cases. As a result, they have come to a number of conclusions which IMO clearly add value to the debate. The fact that physical evidence is hard to get by is undoubtedly part of this highly elusive phenomenon.

? Your thread is about credible witnesses and lists off "engineers, scientists, generals, admirals" followed by examples of those. That seems to suggest status has a bearing on veracity of a claim. Given the many thousands of claims of alien abductions and interactions, it's actually more likely that a "regular" citizen would come forward with scientific evidence, if this is in fact really happening.
The only conclusion UFOlogists can come to is that unidentified objects are an observable phenomena.

Knowing that the phenomenon exists and being able to provide evidence for it, can IMO be called progress and that's obviously the conclusion he got to at the end of his career.

I don't think many will dispute that people see objects in the sky they can't identify. Hynek didn't help confirm that to anyone who was already familiar with the subject. The issue is the huge leap that's made to intelligent alien beings piloting these unidentified objects. You need far more than stories or personal opinions for this to be conclusive. It's a theory at this point, nothing more. I don't argue the possibility, just the conviction in which some speak.

Sure, it could have been a project mogul balloon train, or any other classified cold war project. Or something from the Soviets. But that, too, is nothing but speculation.

It wasn't a fully rigged Mogul balloon train, a classified cold war project, or some type of Soviet craft. After researching it, I believe it was an in between Mogul service/research flight that was launched that day and crashed. I'm not going to go further with it other than to say if interested I created a long thread about it HERE.

Terauchi was grounded for some time after the incident. Japan Airlines was highly embarrassed following the report and all the public attention that came afterwards, so I'm not surprised his colleagues played it down. FAA Head of Investigations & Accidents John Calahan substantiates the case.

The co-pilot and navigator were interviewed directly after the flight landed. There was no time to realize any backlash that may come from the incident and play it down. Terauchi also was interviewed at that time where he gave his account of the mothership the size of two aircraft carriers that followed them. So both are accounts from that day. Apparently he was so excited, he wrote a short story about his encounter called "Meeting the Future."
As far as the radar data, if you read the transcript for yourself, you'll see with the exchange between the towers and pilot that the radar signal was spotty and not consistent. The FAA concluded that it was a split radar image, a ghost image of JAL which is a frequent occurrence. Direct PDF link to the FAAs 377 page report HERE

I think there's enough to call into question many incidents. But you have to research beyond the popular story that sells.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I can understand people posting evidence to support what they believe in but a couple of things might be noted.

There is no point in trying to "convince' anyone of anything because we cannot make people believe anything. Simply place information in front of them, point them to it and leave it at that.

IMO many some of the people on this forum who try to reduce other peoples belief in aliens and ufos are paid to do it, others do it because they think they are doing gods work.

I rarely post in the forum now because in my view, the observable universe is just simply to vast for it be uninhabited by other intelligent life forms who likely have a basic shape like us humans, iIMO aliens are here, and have probably here for thousands of years, and have whatever agenda they have.

I don't bother adding many ufo videos to my library these days because; these days I no longer give a bugger what other people think.

I have my views and thats that. Whether I am wrong or right about aliens in not the point in my view. Whats important to me is what I think, not what someone else thinks. Also these days I do not fall for the trick of 'justifying' my views to anyone. I state them and they can take it or leave it.

I once saw a pic where a whole lot of people were wending their way up a mountain path. Each was higher than the other. Life is like that, we are all on our own evolutionary path, its just that some are higher or lower than us but every body covers the same elevation in the fullness of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

There is no point in trying to "convince' anyone of anything because we cannot make people believe anything. Simply place information in front of them, point them to it and leave it at that.

IMO many some of the people on this forum who try to reduce other peoples belief in aliens and ufos are paid to do it, others do it because they think they are doing gods work.

There are people out there who actively encourage belief in aliens in spaceships and government conspiracies who really do earn their money convincing people of these very things.

There are a lot of people on these forums spouting these same views, trying to convince everyone that their belief that ET is visiting us is correct. But when asked for some real proof of even one UFO being extra-terrestrial in nature what do we have?

So maybe there are people paid to encourage belief in an alien conspiracy?

The CIA Director William Casey said in 1981,

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false".

While not so long ago the CIA brazenly announced they'd been the source for multiple UFO reports in the 50s and 60s.

So who is really fooling who?

edit on 15/12/2017 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Great thread Jeep3r and really do like that quote from Dr James E Mcdonald.

There are plenty more statements about the UFO subject (which have been substantiated in books, interviews, articles, letters, magazines, scientific reviews or open congressional hearings) here and I´ve always been intrigued by this one made by the Pentagon´s Al Chop.

"You must remember that I was privy to the project files. These contained hundreds of official reports of UFO encounters made by military personnel from all branches of the service. They were all classified with a high degree of security classification. Almost all of these made pretty scary reading from the verbatim descriptions of the pilots concerned"

Albert M. Chop, Air Force UFO Public Information Officer at the Pentagon

Chop Clearance List

Also thought these two from Stanford University´s Dr Peter Sturrock made some good points.

"Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon. To a scientist, the main source of hard information (other than his own experiments' observations) is provided by the scientific journals. With rare exceptions, scientific journals do not publish reports of UFO observations. The decision not to publish is made by the editor acting on the advice of reviewers. This process is self-reinforcing: the apparent lack of data confirms the view that there is nothing to the UFO phenomenon, and this view (prejudice) works against the presentation of relevant data."

Peter A. Sturrock, "An Analysis of the Condon Report on the Colorado UFO Project," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol.1, No.1, 1987

"The definitive resolution of the UFO enigma will not come about unless and until the problem is subjected to open and extensive scientific study by the normal procedures of established science.
In their public statements (but not necessarily in their private statements), scientists express a generally negative attitude towards the UFO problem, and it is interesting to try to understand this attitude. Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon.”

Dr. Peter A. Sturrock, Professor of Space Science and Astrophysics and Deputy Director of the Center for Space Sciences and Astrophysics at Stanford University (Survey of American Astronomical Society)

'Do Your Homework Before Entering UFO Fray'

Cheers-

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join