It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd concept.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well gentlemen, I tip my hat to you all. I think I am finished with the SS forum, and indeed ATS altogether. I come here to learn abour secret societies and to share information about what I have learned about them in general, and more especially my own fraternity and my understanding of it.

SkepticOverlord has made it quite clear that people such as myself are not welcome nor wanted here, so I think I'll oblige by leaving.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
While we have a distinctly biased leaning toward speculation on conspiracy theories, we also seek to foster discussion and debate that embraces, encourages, and protects all sides of an issue.

This (bold text) is more or less a lie; there is no protection of both sides of the issue, at least there wouldn't be if we hadn't been here all this time.

The point has been reached here in the SS forum, where I believe my time is better spent elsewhere. The top staff have repeatedly made it clear that someone like me -- or perhaps it's just me -- doesn't belong here and my reason for being here apparently runs contrary to the "intent" of these forums.

Funny, all this time I thought I was here to "Deny Ignorance" like everyone else...

Twitchy, thanks for digging this thread up -- it's old and made me realize that it's the same thing here day in and day out and has been forever, and always will be. Life is simply too short for all that nonsense.

Everyone else: it's been real.

P.O.T.S.,
-Axe

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Well gentlemen, I tip my hat to you all. I think I am finished with the SS forum, and indeed ATS altogether. I come here to learn abour secret societies and to share information about what I have learned about them in general, and more especially my own fraternity and my understanding of it.

Well, I - for one - would miss your input if you were to no longer be here. There are many that post, but few that actually bring anything to the conversation.

I would hope that you could continue to post. At the time of this post, I do notice the two warns you've got hangin' ... but I believe that this particular part of ATS has had a dust-up of late (and I firmly believe that it was specifically due to two threads that are locked and will slowly drift to the bottom of the list) and that it has passed.

We've weathered the storm ... no need to take your dingy out of the ATS tub and go home.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

But, how boring would it be if this forum started considering Masons in that sense? Heck, we'd run out of things to talk about.

One of the best kept real secrets is the mundaneness of it all.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

Axe, if you do indeed leave I will honestly miss your contributions. One of the reasons I joined Above Top Secret was in a large part the posts that you have written.

It would be very unfortunate if the recent series of threads and posts would deter you from remaining and contributing here. The opinions of others in regards our Fraternity have very little influence in my decisions. I understand your position but I think these forums would be much better with you as a continuing contributor.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well gentlemen, I tip my hat to you all. I think I am finished with the SS forum, and indeed ATS altogether... (snip) ... SkepticOverlord has made it quite clear that people such as myself are not welcome nor wanted here, so I think I'll oblige by leaving.

Hi Axe

I think you either misunderstood SO, or he didn't make himself very clear. This site has always been first and foremost a conspiracy site, and as such conspiracies will always be the meat and potatoes of any discussion here. I was initially attracted to the SS forum here because freemasonry was included as a secret society (which of course it isn't), and I felt I had something to contribute to denying the ignorance about freemasonry I found here.

Last year's "Glad-handing-gate" and now "Twitchy-gate" are, I think, part of a cyclical pattern. Now the storm has passed I think things will calm down and we can all get back to the business of spreading a little bit of Truth.

You are one of the best pro-masonic posters on this site. Your unique history adds depth and interest to your perspective. Think twice before departing.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

G`day Axe hope you get to read my post.

Not sure if its just me,but over the last year or so ATS (from what I have observed) has become increasingly uncivil,the SS threads are pale in comparison to the faith topics but it doesn`t stop there its all over ATS and it must be disheartening for many and also a lot of work for Mods.

Just recently I started reading the SS threads for a rest from it,only to read Mason and non Mason posting remarks that they have reported one another etc because of offenses,it shouldn`t come as a surprise to anyone especially those with a good head on the shoulders that the staff here are going to get annoyed by having to sort out silly squabbles and name calling etc until they had to make a general stern warning for the whole forum.

I know your better than this Axe and think that the recent board drama should not be allowed to get under ones skin,rise above it.If it be that insults from any Mason`s point of view comes from only anti`s don`t return them in kind and vice versa.

Years ago a Mason (DF1) gave me some constructive criticism in the form of a swift kick in the rear (well thats what it felt like
) about how I posted,which I was grateful for and thanked him years later for it, much to his surprise.There have been a few other Masons here on ATS who have contacted me privately in trying to put my distrust (for the want of a better word) of the frat to rest.Who I also know to be genuine people. (some are no longer with us on ATS) this is better seen when Masons post out side of the SS topics where it can be seen by others that we can share view points and beliefs in other area`s.

I have appreciated your efforts over the years Axe even before you became a Mason and in my opinion you are also genuine in searching and researching for truth.

If you leave I will be disappointed in you for this because I know you to be better.Though of coarse your right these arguments will always continue,we are not saving the planet etc in being here,but small changes for the better in some can be made over the years or into the future and mainly that hopefully those changes can happen to ones self for the better.

Maybe a holiday away from ATS,sometimes I do and its refreshing.
Safe travels also my friend,here or esle where.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Perhaps a hiatus, then... I was about a hair on a gnat's hiney from saying something that would have gotten me banned permanently the other day, and I would much rather bow out and go my way on my own accord than to be banned and not have the opportunity to return even if I wanted to...

I know myself well enough to know it's time for me to step back; otherwise I will say something stupid and either tarnish my record/reputation on ATS, or get banned altogether, neither of which is something I want.

I'm sure there are those that would be happy with either.

My intent was to leave ATS altogether, but after the comments and messages I have recieved I'm reconsidering that... So call it a "holiday" or whatever (sanity retention period?), but either way I know you guys will be holding it down here.

I just know if I keep up like I have been, it won't be a voluntary resignation but a banning that will be the end of my ATS career... stranger things have happened.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

[edit on 2/3/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So call it a "holiday" or whatever (sanity retention period?), but either way I know you guys will be holding it down here.

I take exception to that statement.

It may not be a conspiracy, but ... it is my considered opinion (after dating numerous girls) that you cannot - in any way - put the words "sanity" and "period" in the same sentence.

Your pal,
Meat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join