It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd concept.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
I've been moderated and verbally warned too (never a Red Laundry Tag of Shame, though
), by you even, and when you did that what did I say? Yup. My bad. You've got a job to do and you do it well.

Yes, the sign of someone following Masonic creed, honorably done.

It's what seperates the Masons from the trolls. You wouldn't believe the u2u's I get from them, no honor there. Just bitchery. Did I just create a word?

Thanks for the compliment, we try.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You wouldn't believe the u2u's I get from them, no honor there. Just bitchery.

I definitely wouldn't want your job.

Did I just create a word?

Nope.

Thanks for the compliment, we try.

I speaka da truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here's an idea

Instead of red flags, how about awarding one of these for each act of troll like behavior:

images.google.com...:0xQw9uunx1oJ:kadreg.free.fr/perso/moules/troll-or.jpg" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

If three are awarded, then this is permanently added beneath your member name:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I found those last night, I was just waiting for the right time!

[edit on 2/14/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I found those last night, I was just waiting for the right time!

Sorry Axeman, I couldn't resist.

And thanks Intrepid

I don't know if it was your intention, but it was nice to blow off some
frustration without going ballistic on some pathetic moron who keeps
making short ranting posts just to bury recent threads underneath his
confusion of reality and some horror movie he saw last year when he was

Hypothetically that is

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here, I doctored it a little.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is a good thread! I laud the moderators in their efforts to keep some of us dunderheads in check...

Should say here that I am one of those who tend to ignore trolls regarding the Masonic Brouhaha. People are going to think what they will, and if it's easier to think you are holding the truth about how evil the Masonic baby eaters are (I'm joking here) based on some little bit of unbalanced web posting, then who am I to try and subvert you to an enlightened path!!??

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I was looking for info on ATS upload and I came across this thread. Thought it would be relevant here, so... There's some good images there too, I intend to make use of them heheh.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

This statuette has no genitals, is that anatomically correct?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well you never can tell if the troll is male or female (though typically male, I would imagine), so I suppose it is appropriate.

How about this one:

[edit on 2/15/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Mommy: "Get off that computer and go to bed, you have school tomorrow!"

Troll: "Aw mom....."

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You're NOT jacking my thread mate. This is one of my assigned forums so I eventually read all the posts here and I can say that the Masons do answer the questions put to them. Some just can't fit their answers into their limited perceptions.

Who exactly are refering to that has limited perceptions?
Just Anti-masons?

Masons answer all our questions, we just can't fit their answers into our limited perceptions. Would you care to expand on that thought?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Is there a reason you went through the list of Intrepids old threads and decide to comment on some? .. 2 year old threads? Just to make a comment like that?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The concept of Tolerance & Circles within Circles

The masonic concept of tolerance requires me to tolerate others...not to tell others to be tolerant. Tolerance begins with understanding "the other side". I have the impression that "the other side" is not understood.
I want to contribute to that understanding.

When I was a kid my Dad told me that masons are the evil rulers of the world. He explained something to me that fascinated me: "There are circles within circles. The outer circles dont know what the inner circles are doing. So if a outer-cricle mason, no matter how high his rank, says "we have no dark secrets", dont believe him.

Today I know my dad was mistaken (at least as far as masonry is concerned). But I also know he meant no harm. He was also fascinated by a story that had an attractive air of mystery about it. From knowing what is on the mind of an "anti-mason" I can understand why he says the things he says, thinks the things he thinks. And from his vantage point his anti-masonic talk makes perfect sense.

This understanding breeds tolerance...and no hard feelings toward the anti-masons posting here.

Wouldnt it be great if more of the ATS-masons demonstrated tolerance instead of requesting it. The motto could be "I dont need their tolerance, I need to be tolerant".

By the way:

Despite the use of secret codewords and handshakes no longer being widely practiced in modern masonry, you can still find out if someone here is a mason or not. Ask him a question like "Where were you made a mason?". Most masons will remember that there is one specific masonic answer to that. So if the answering person says "In my lodge" you can deduce he is not a mason.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Oh boy.. they made you a Mod??

Congrats on that, Sky. Of course the conspiracy may deepen with 3 mods who happen to be Masons now.

I just hope it does not prevent you from posting in the forum like any normal poster.

Other then that, great post.. how did your dad actually deal with you becoming a Mason?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Oh boy.. they made you a Mod??

Congrats on that, Sky. Of course the conspiracy may deepen with 3 mods who happen to be Masons now.

I just hope it does not prevent you from posting in the forum like any normal poster.

Other then that, great post.. how did your dad actually deal with you becoming a Mason?

He was shocked at first. But after a few years he noticed I hadnt changed to the worse. If anything I changed for the better. So naturally, he started asking questions. I think by now he has eased up on the subject a bit.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Excellent post, I think you have summed up what many of us were thinking considering the activity that has occured on the Secret Society forum lately. Congrats on you Moderator position, it is well earned, and I hope you are still able to find the time to construct posts which I always find enjoyable and enlightening.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Ah. My parents where pretty much like "why" .. Which I couldn't give a good enough answer because... I just wanted to join, so I did. now how ever, my Grandmother is to never know I am a Mason.. and my mother still trys to pry my rings off (and pins from my sports coat) when around family.

But I don't like hiding who I am. Except around Grandma.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
He was shocked at first. But after a few years he noticed I hadnt changed to the worse. If anything I changed for the better. So naturally, he started asking questions. I think by now he has eased up on the subject a bit.

Sky,

Congrats from me too! Although the thought of having two moderators on this forum who are Masons...well, that sure looks conspiratorial to me!

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about posting these days, particularly in light of that huge, blue (grammatically incorrect, I might add) statement across the page. The one that incorrectly begins with the words "Due to a . . ." Oh well, I'll save the English lesson for a later date and another forum, but your post brings up a good point.

You say your Dad noticed that you hadn't changed for the worse. I think a lot of anti-Masons would understand Masonry more if they really sat back and thought about that. Particularly if they could think of friends or relatives who are Masons. On this forum the word itself seems to conjure up some super-powerful, world or business leader type who's out to get all he can for himself regardless what it does to the "little man." It brings thoughts of some super-secret evil ceremonies involving blood oaths and goats, ritual-worship, and god knows what else.

But the facts are more mundane.

Masons are typically everyday people. The janitor at the local high school, the guy driving the cross-town bus, the manager of the local K-Mart, the local Presbyterian minister. Many of whom never bother wearing a Masonic ring.

But, how boring would it be if this forum started considering Masons in that sense? Heck, we'd run out of things to talk about.

Regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join