It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the study of flags is called vexillology. this is my flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
love it. this is just a proud parent thread.
sitting here crushing a graded project with my daughter.

i love all this so much.

so she has an assignment where she has to make a family flag and present it to the class. it has to include important symbols and dates.
on the day she is going to present this to the class.

so that is how she is going to start her presentation. i thought that would be a nice little touch to show the teacher we are not playing.

'the study of flags is called vexillology. this is my flag.....' then the presentation.

my daughter is 5 years old and i am loving homework time. my son is 21 and i missed all that stuff. his mom left with him when he was 2 and i really only saw him on sundays so basically this is my first time with this and it is my favorite part of the day.

what are some cool projects and assignments that your kids had to do when they were in like k-4?

sorry for the pointless thread but i am happy. i am proud of my little girl doing awesome on this.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No pics?

I made a roman shield with my lad a couple of years ago when he was eight and it was fab, made a family/legion motto in Latin, nicely painted and solid AF with duct tape straps... did a ww2 evacuee's suitcase this year too and had a real air raid patrol gas mask that a great aunt gave me to pass onto him for it. It was going on display at school so we put a pack of disgusting harry potter sweets in a plain bag in there too incase anyone fancied a nasty surprise

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Don't apologize for this thread being pointless. There is nothing more important than your children, and the little time we have with them. The fact your full throttle excited to help your child says a lot more about your character than the job you work, or how much money you have.

Now onto some of my favorite times with the kids..

Teaching my daughters how to properly detail a vehicle, and then starting a competition that ended with my cars/trucks/boats/bikes gleaming....

Showing my son how to use bag mix mud for drywall....
He keyed up the mixer and launched a bucket of mud all over the kitchen. Which led to showing him how to do knock down texture.( I had to cover his a#% or his mother would have killed us both...

Teaching all my kids how to fish. (We're not experts, but it's always a blast)

Man, I could go on forever but I'll quit here.
And a quick thanks for bringing some damn fine memories to the surface.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Teaching flag worship to our young. Indoctrinating them for later when they are presented with whatever nationalistic ideology they see fit.

Defend the Flag!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I'm not the op here but I'm pretty sure he was just talking about father-daughter bonding, not flag worship. Gotta shift gears before switching from one thread to another, man

edit on 10-12-2017 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
I'm not the op here but I'm pretty sure he was just talking about father-daughter bonding, not flag worship. Gotta shift gears before switching from one thread to another, man

Sorry, thats what I thought of the moment I read, 'school project' about flags. They should be teaching kids not to make flags.

But I get the whole 'for the children' thing, too.
edit on 10-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's just a project to make a family flag with # that's important to us. Not about flag worship.
I didn't post a pic cause our names are on it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Don't let the "lil witch/school bus bully" know that the flag has been completed. It read in the other thread where She 'may' take offense to a flag of a different surname...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I was wondering how long that would take.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

It's just a project to make a family flag with # that's important to us. Not about flag worship.

No problem. I didn't mean to cast any aspersions on your love for your children, either.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: TinySickTears

No problem. I didn't mean to cast any aspersions on your love for your children, either.

no worries man.
its all good

new topics

top topics

join