It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Tax plan "riddled with loopholes just begging to be exploited"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh and it continues. As if you thought the GOP Tax Plan couldn't get any worse:

Because of the absolutely mind-boggling pace at which they’re attempting to push them through, their plans are, according to a new report by Politico, “riddled with bugs, loopholes, and other potential problems that could plague lawmakers long after their legislation is signed into law.” And—and you might want to sit down for this part—we’re sure it will come as a yuge surprise that many of said bugs and loopholes just happen to benefit the rich.

www.vanityfair.com...

The article goes point by point on some of these loopholes:

there are all kinds of breaks for industries like oil and gas (but solar, natch), and the bill happens to be a veritable bonanza for the real-estate industry. “Suddenly, there are a dozen different tax rates that apply to different businesses, in different industries, and to different investments,” Looney told the Times. “That means opportunities to come out ahead by making deals between these different groups or structuring businesses to take advantage of various provisions.”

What I found most surprising was the fact this Fossil-Fuel Friendly Tax Plan Spares Oil, Not Solar or Tesla. Useful alternatives that would help keep fossel fuel costs down are completely neglected in this plan by this administration and Congress. Also the fact this tax plans allows for all sorts of big businesses to restructure their organizations to avoid paying certain taxes.

I recall Trump promising to close these loopholes on the rich. Anybody remember this?

But, not surprising, he and Congress only seem to be opening up more loopholes for the super rich and big businesses.

I'm sure the wealth should trickle down over time you know? Have faith people. Just believe.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yes... because our past legislators have done such a bang up job.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

If it's broke. Break it some more?

edit on 12/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So Trump and Congress should get a pass then? What he and congress does should be ignored because what? they did it too? Or they did nothing?

I seem to recall there was a strong consensus on ATS that blaming the Bush administration for the faults of Obama was pathetic and low. I'm fairly certain you made no bones about that madmac. Now it's different because? Trump?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If it's broke. Break it some more?

Isn't that the MO of the government for the past 60 years?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
I remember once, a long time ago, hearing that along with reducing the corporate tax rate a lot of loopholes would be closed, so that corporations would actually pay what the tax rate says they pay.

Did that happen? Are they really going to pay 20%?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Lol can you refer me to a tax plan where our Senators/Congressmen did not have "loopholes" in it to get rich!?

So sick of this partisan BS!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh Phage you let that go now. Her emails you know? Those Democrats you know?

Nevermind about broken promises. The promise to close loopholes. The other side is no better anyway so no point in holding people accountable anymore you know? New rules Phage.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Actually, I was talking about 6 months ago. But your point applies just as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So am I the only one who thinks that some sort of independent, non partisan group should draft the tax laws or is that insane at this point?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm sure they are not going to make less loopholes with this bill.

Why do they need cuts for corporations, most big corporations don't pay taxes anyway and they just pass on any tax they pay to the consumer anyway. There are so many deductible loopholes and this reduction will mean nothing for most of them.

Solar already gets tax breaks and a lot of government money has been supplied to these firms to help start them. Obama gave lots to them and many just went belly up after the money was gone. Tesla still gets a tax break. Maybe they do not get extra breaks, they are treated just like the other car manufacturers, they should not get extra breaks.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Lol can you refer me to a tax plan where our Senators/Congressmen did not have "loopholes" in it to get rich!?

So sick of this partisan BS!

Didn't you guys vote Trump because he was not a politician and he would fix the broken system?
Every time Trump and GOP craps on you, you just point finger at previous administrations.
Trump took a yuge dump on the middle class, just like every president before him and you swallowed it. Not did you only swallow the turd, you blamed someone else for capping all over you.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

So Trump and Congress should get a pass then? What he and congress does should be ignored because what? they did it too? Or they did nothing?

I seem to recall there was a strong consensus on ATS that blaming the Bush administration for the faults of Obama was pathetic and low. I'm fairly certain you made no bones about that madmac. Now it's different because? Trump?

Einstein defined insanity as, doing the same thing over and over... and expecting a different result.

We have been doing that since Eisenhower.

Trump is the American people breaking the cycle. We have decried "TPTB" here on ATS as being the problem.

Trump tends to pi$$ off "TPTB".

That pretty much says it all...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Didn't you guys vote Trump because he was not a politician and he would fix the broken system?
Every time Trump and GOP craps on you, you just point finger at previous administrations.
Trump took a yuge dump on the middle class, just like every president before him and you swallowed it. Not did you only swallow the turd, you blamed someone else for capping all over you.

Lol let me help you understand my perspective.

I voted Bernie and am one of those #neverhilldog"s

Something you shall come to realize is that the dump that has been taken upon the middle class has been happening because of both Democrats and Republicans.

Trump is legitimately the first third party candidate we have ever had.

I will give you one example, he ended the TPP (aka global fascism) immediately upon taking the position of POTUS, do you not support this?

Another question for you... how much MSM do you allow to fill your mind?
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmSaturday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Lol let me help you understand my perspective.

I voted Bernie and am one of those #neverhilldog"s

Something you shall come to realize is that the dump that has been taken upon the middle class has been happening because of both Democrats and Republicans.

Trump is legitimately the first third party candidate we have ever had.

I will give you one example, he ended the TPP (aka global fascism) immediately upon taking the position of POTUS, do you not support this?

Another question for you... how much MSM do you allow to fill your mind?

How about my perspective. I served this nation for 21 years as an Airman in the USAF. I served under both Bushes, Clinton and Obama. NOTHING improved at home during my tenure. Instead, we just seemed to get better at killing other folks. Obama essentially killed by remote control.

If Trump can reign in our murder machine... wouldn't that be something?

It would be worth my vote...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Einstein defined insanity as, doing the same thing over and over... and expecting a different result.

He probably didn't, actually.
quoteinvestigator.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Someone was able to read that mess?

Pencil scribbles and all?

Or did someone get a rundown from the shills and lobbyists that actually wrote it?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

And where is the Democratic Tax Cut Plan that they tried to get the Republicans to implement?

I understand the Republicans probably wouldn't implement any of them, but if your going to have a battle of ideas, at least present it. You want to fight for 2018? Better present an alternative.

I assume they have an alternative, right?

Somebody care to share it?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

How about my perspective. I served this nation for 21 years as an Airman in the USAF. I served under both Bushes, Clinton and Obama. NOTHING improved at home during my tenure. Instead, we just seemed to get better at killing other folks. Obama essentially killed by remote control.

If Trump can reign in our murder machine... wouldn't that be something?

It would be worth my vote...

Trump looking to loosen Obama limits on drone strikes

Trump Administration wants to increase CIA drone strikes

Trump is ordering airstrikes at 5 times the pace Obama did.

Report: Trump On Pace To Bomb Afghanistan 300 Percent More Than Obama

I'm noticing a common trend from some Trump supporters and apologists on here. This claim that somehow Trump will "reign" in these terrible drone strikes, bombings, overseas military operations. It seems there's plenty of evidence out there pointing to the polar opposite, but somehow it's all overlooked. Or maybe people just cared to look at how horrible it was under Obama and really didn't care after he left office.

You served. You should be well aware of all this.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I understand the Republicans probably wouldn't implement any of them

Just answered your own post.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join