It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists capture mysterious hum from deep inside the Earth - but no one knows what it is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
I knew a girl who used to hum.....fair dinkum.

That's what she said!

Said the hummer of hums.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: rickymouse

Not that I don't agree - but - I want to HEAR IT - or it doesn't count.

Kind of like having seismologists telling ya 'We just had a 3.6 EQ'...

Didn't feel it - didn't happen.

And yesssssssssssss, I know it might have , but, no one cares if it doesn't effect them, they can't feel it, the can't hear it, etc.

Well, for the most part peeps are like that.

Oh - Merry Christmas Mouse!

If I can't hear the hum, perhaps you could whistle a few bars and I'd get the tune, then?

edit on 10/12/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheScale

Your body makes noises (mine does anyway).

Here's a cool thing:
wattsupwiththat.com...

nah this is the sound of vibrations being carried through the floor up into the bed. could be from a variety of things. being in a city near railroads it could just be the vibrations from the engines idling on the tracks, or a construction crew doing work on a roadway nearby, or who knows some sound deep in earth, i just dont know. not the sounds created like when you hold a seashell up to your ear though. i used to live near a major roadway aswell and there i knew exactly what the sound was, big trucks hitting a manhole cover in the road which would ring in my ear everytime it was hit which was constantly.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's the hum from the engines on the bottom of our flat, dome enclosed earth, keeping us afloat in the abyss that is space.

Duh.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

May not be audible.
Though technically hearable is a word in English it just sounds odd these days.

About the hum sound, I'd say it makes sense that a massive seismically active object full of churning magma (Earth) would produce at least some form of sounds as it's interior reacts to pressure and gravity.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

May not be audible.
Though technically hearable is a word in English it just sounds odd these days.

About the hum sound, I'd say it makes sense that a massive seismically active object full of churning magma (Earth) would produce at least some form of sounds as it's interior reacts to pressure and gravity.

There is a constant frequency given off by the earth. This frequency interacts with DNA and makes plants and animals look differently. Now, this frequency changes depending on things in the environment, water can even alter it. So can types of rocks. Identical twins brought up in areas with different frequencies will most likely have a difference in opinion. Diet alters energy levels and our frequency we vibrate at too, so diet can somewhat alter frequencies that alter our appearance. This is most noticeable in trees, they do not get their food from California here. Even the position of the branches can be effected by frequencies. As the wind blows a tree and it bends, it gives off a sound as it bends. It is not just the core that is effecting the frequency of the earth. Waves splashing on the shore also cause sounds both audible and inaudible, even our voices and the sounds animals and fish make have an effect on frequency when you add everything together. I do not believe that humans can live outside of the earths shields very long unless they account for this, someone who lives on Mars would change in appearance within ten years as it alters the expression of our DNA.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That video with the booms just sounds like military training to me. I live in between 2 large military bases, and they have bombing/gun ranges that are far from me, but I can still hear bombs, mortars, and small arms fire from my house.

Chances are some of those booms are just military training. Especially in places like texas with numerous military personnel.

As for some of the humming videos I've seen in the past, It sounded like either a train off in the distance, an AC-130 gunship idling on the runway, or a diesel motor/generator running in the distance. They just add creepy music to the videos to give you the feeling that something otherworldly is happening.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
becourse we pump up the oil (witch is an natural lubricant for mother earth ) there is moore fricktion resulting in an hum from about 7.85 hz

top topics

<< 1   >>

join