It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘Big One’ California quake next week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: skepticalguy

originally posted by: UnBreakable
This is the Dreams and Prediction forum, right? So don’t shoot the messenger. I dreamt and I’m predicting an 8 plus will occur Thursday 12/14 in the SF area.

Exactly how confident are you in your prediction? If you have high confidence about this, let's make it interesting. I will personally donate $10,000 to the relief effort if this happens, but if this disaster doesn't happen, as I suspect it will not, you must donate $100 to a charity of my choosing.

Deal?

??? It’s a goddamn dream, not a definitive statement of fact. I didn’t call Vegas to open a line based on my dream. So take your 10k and stick it up your arse.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: DexterRiley

originally posted by: Jiggly
good.. hopefully cali falls into the ocean

I think California is something like the 9th largest economy in the world. Any major event that significantly damages the California economy would also do so to the rest of the United States.

-dex

What would even a temporary loss of access to Asia do to the US economy, and to Asia?

Maybe force us to make more things locally? That would be horrible.

I hope you are wrong for the loss of life ect. But if you want me to feel bad we cant get cheap goods from Asia and have to produce more things here, that's not going to happen.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to return some of our production back to the US. I like the idea myself.

The problem is that it takes time to ramp up our domestic production capability again. Hell, even a lot of the raw materials that we would need to build our own products is currently sourced exclusively from Asia.

The initial pain of loosing the Asian supply chain could be so economically catastrophic that it would take years to rebuild our domestic manufacturing base.

-dex

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wow you really don't want to give $100 to charity!
Thanks for the laugh my man and good luck with your predictions!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I think California is something like the 9th largest economy in the world. Any major event that significantly damages the California economy would also do so to the rest of the United States.

-dex

What would even a temporary loss of access to Asia do to the US economy, and to Asia?

I hope you are wrong for the loss of life ect. But if you want me to feel bad we cant get cheap goods from Asia and have to produce more things here, that's not going to happen.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to return some of our production back to the US. I like the idea myself.

The problem is that it takes time to ramp up our domestic production capability again. Hell, even a lot of the raw materials that we would need to build our own products is currently sourced exclusively from Asia.

The initial pain of loosing the Asian supply chain could be so economically catastrophic that it would take years to rebuild our domestic manufacturing base.

-dex

Well if the Big One is going to eventually hit, we might as well start planning for it then. How much GDP will it take to rebuild after the Earthquake?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

-dex

-dex

Well if the Big One is going to eventually hit, we might as well start planning for it then. How much GDP will it take to rebuild after the Earthquake?

You have an interesting point. We know that the Big One is going to happen some day. We better be prepared to handle it one way or another.

-dex

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

I'm so sick of hearing people like you say that about my state

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Normally predictions are a joke of "at someplace during sometime something will happen" but at least this one has a date and a few specifics so

We all know nothing will happen but still at least this wasn't some vague randomness.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skepticalguy
Wow you really don't want to give $100 to charity!
Thanks for the laugh my man and good luck with your predictions!

Hey Skippy, I’ve already given $2,800 to charity for 2017, so you’re free to give your $10k you’re crowing about.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have family in CA. Let’s hope the “Big One” never happens!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I certainly hope not. I'm flying there (home) from the 23rd-31st.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Wow, just wow. I know some wacky conservatives hate ca, but ca still remains one of the most beautiful states nature wise, and one of the most interesting culturally and internationally.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: elementalgrove

california cannot fall into the ocean...1 side of the fault runs north the other side runs south rather than the kind where one is running underneath the other one

That is great information to have, but not really relevant to the point that I am making.
Agreed, lol

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I'll give you credit, at least you gave a date for your prediction. We will see the accuracy play out. However it will not matter that this is in Dreams and predictions, because the horde will and has come along and turn this post into a political debate about how California is bad and only republicans are good and all Californians should die har har. And the sad thing is that ATS will allow it. I find it all boring and old.

The site is beginning to resemble a bog, and holds less and less interesting topics and information.

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
That's weird, I have been dreaming of a bridge breaking or collapsing for weeks & it has really been bugging me what it may mean. a reply to: CreationBro

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is now 7:20PM Pacific time and either my “earthquake sense” is broken, or the “Big One” predicted in the OP is not going to show.

Quite frankly, either (or both!) are very possible.

I’ll post here if anything changes.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

We live in Orange County, have lived in HMB and Monterey, Scotts Valley and Carmel By the Sea and Sacatomatoes. We are heading to North Texas cuz it's going to get ugly. The upside; we're getting a new construction, 4,000 sq ft rental for what we have here in lovely Costa Mesa. Yeah, the coast is lovely but the vertical faults are what will be the worst. See Bakersfield and Coalinga earthquakes. Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
For those who believe that CA cannot fall into the ocean because the continents are moving in opposite directions, check out the Coalinga and Bakersfield earthquakes where vertical faults caused 20+ft vertical rifts. These faults all over southern CA and Nevada (Nevada is nothing but fault lines and dormant volcanoes).

www.sjvgeology.org...

www.sjvgeology.org...

Peace on Earth, Good Will to All People

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

I grew up in Chicago, where the New Madrid was supposed to strike in 25 years. I truly believe it will and likely sooner rather then later. I have lived in CA for 18 years and experienced many little earthquakes and it is freaking freaky. There is no freaking controlling ANYTHING, not even your body. I recently heard the deep low sound of cement grinding through my pillow one night a few weeks ago. It was like a 2.8 several miles away.

My husband grew up in the East Bay and saw the effects of Loma Prieta while watching a ball game on TV. One of the deaths that occurred was a man being hit by falling cement from the top of a bldg in SF. He was leaving a place where I had once worked.

Never believe it can't happen to you. If the Good Lord gives you enough messages and you ignore them, well we've all done that. At least be prepared to be self sufficient for several days to a few weeks as we are being told, time and time again. As it is there are thousands without homes in CA right now. It is crazy.

Be safe, do what ya gotta do and be happy doing it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The United States Geological Survey reports a preliminary magnitude 4.0 earthquake struck near Molalla, Oregon on Wednesday. The quake hit at 5:24 PM local time at a depth of 17 kilometers. There was no initial word on damage or injury resulting from the quake

Well it's starting....

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Doesn't seem to be related to any California faults.

This one, however:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join