It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Double Standard and Hypocrites in the Left who hate PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Equal rights means EVERYONE has a right to their view... Equal rights doesn't mean "the left has a right to impose the view on everyone else"... You see, you still can't see the difference...

But people with different sexual preferences are also American citizens, and are therefore entitled to the pursuit of happiness, and all the other protections you enjoy. Aren't they?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yup. They are.

And no one has lost the right to think that homosexuals should not have the same right to marry as heterosexuals.

What has been lost is the creation of laws that remove that right from any class of citizen.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People have the right to think whatever they want. But same with everything else. When they express those opinions, we have the right to challenge and question them.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Abysha

Oh my god! The history of the GOP doesn't begin at the start of Paul Ryan's, Mcain's, etc career! I'm talking about the actual history... you know, before you were born.

This is an impossible conversation. You can't be as reactionary as you are with new information and, at the same time, be any sort of valuable component to a discussion.

Care to point out where i wrote the history of the GOP started with Paul Ryan's and McCain's career?... I know the actual history of the Republican party. Care to point out exactly what you are referring to?

Now I know you are just trolling.

You said (paraphrasing) "Democrats had slaves, what now" and I said "correct, the left wing was the republican party back then", then you said "but rinos and Paul Ryan" and I said "I'm talking before Paul Ryan... you know, like actual history" and then you said "I never said history started with Paul Ryan".

Anybody following that conversation knows exactly what you are doing. Knock it off. I know you are smarter than that.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

But people with different sexual preferences are also American citizens, and are therefore entitled to the pursuit of happiness, and all the other protections you enjoy. Aren't they?

They aren't entitled to force their views on everyone else. Something which many of you still fail to understand.

Or are you saying that "only certain people have a right to their pursuit of happiness"?... The pursuit of happiness doesn't equal to forcing religious institutions and religious people to agree with your view...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

They aren't entitled to force their views on everyone else.

But you are entitled to force yours on them?
"I don't think you should be able to be married! And you can't tell me that you should be!"
That doesn't seem fair.

edit on 12/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You mentioned "sexual orientation" and pedophilia is a sexual orientation

Except, once again, gay is not illegal (finally); acting on pedophilia is.

Except AGAIN, this lifestyle is being forced on everyone

Gay is being forced on everyone? How? Or just the acceptance of it?

the right didn't want for the concept of marriage, a religious concept, to be changed, but civil unions have existed for a long time and didn't need the consent from religious institutions and religious people to exist...

"Marriage," while a religious concept, has taken a legal status, hence my point about denying (or trying to) that (legal) right and benefits thereof.

Equal rights means EVERYONE has a right to their view...

No, it doesn't. People have a right to their views anyway, whether legal or unacceptable. "Equal rights" means people enjoy the right to live freely without legal constraint.

Equal rights doesn't mean "the left has a right to impose the view on everyone else"

It also doesn't mean "the right can attempt to take away the rights of people simply because it is against their belief system." See how that works?

Care to point out what "equal rights are being denied"?

The attempt to deny? Gay rights, women's rights, minority rights, etc?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
At the end of the day it's disrespectful to those who still give honor and allegiance to the Office of the President.
Donald J. Trump in his seventies vs. Bill of Rights two hundred years +.

We're just people, none of us are gonna matter in two hundred years, maybe some of us if we became president and brought good things about.

Don't you want your president today to carve a path for your Tomorrows?

However, he argued that such associations were faulty and that the notion of loyalty is "an essential ingredient in any civilized and humane system of morals
Legitimacy

edit on (12/9/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

link   
When I watch Trump I see a very rich guy that could be anywhere,doing anything he wants,and instead of buying willy wonkas chocolate factory.... he would rather just say he has accomplished the all American dream...what are you going to be when you grow up Donald? I want to be president.......
He could buy an island but what would you do with a island.
With all his money you don't have to buy something its just there, its already his.

He's having a blast playing president could careless what the media says,toys with them lets see who I can piss off today....
He has little understanding of the judicial branch or legislative one.
He just rubber-stamps whatever legislation comes his way.

What's little rocket man doing today?.... auhh leave little rocket man alone quit being a bully.

Trump’s career was the Trump Tower. That was in 1983.
The success of that went to his head and he never cared again.

He’s fundamentally lazy. He free-rides so many processes he doesn’t know anything about.
He used to do it in the business world, and now he does it in the political world.

He is the President .........In the trumps own words; "I will be so presidential," he said, "you will be so bored. You'll say, 'Can't he have a little more energy?
Anyone that cuts him down in this matrix world just cant get over, they wish they could be some rich guy with not a care in the world.
Don't take it personal but if you depend on elected officials, Regardless of party affiliations to pull all the strings for you your a bigger joke than Trump is.
Party on Mr. President

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Now I know you are just trolling.

You said (paraphrasing) "Democrats had slaves, what now" and I said "correct, the left wing was the republican party back then", then you said "but rinos and Paul Ryan" and I said "I'm talking before Paul Ryan... you know, like actual history" and then you said "I never said history started with Paul Ryan".

Anybody following that conversation knows exactly what you are doing. Knock it off. I know you are smarter than that.

No, you are, along some other people, the ones trolling... BTW, i never agreed with that claim of your that Republicans were back then the leftwing"... That's the most asinine argument the left keeps making... Similar to the claims, which still exist to this day, from people claiming that democrats were the ones who implemented civil rights, when democrats were against it. in the 60s the democrats didn't have the percentage of democrats wanting civil rights to be implemented that Republicans had.

The Republican party was the majority 80%-90% who voted for about 100 years to implement civil rights for minorities. Even back when the Republican party was fighting for blacks to have equal rights there was a discussion to include equal rights for women, but it was thought that if both arguments were made at the same time nothing would be accomplished.

Back then the Republican party was pro-business, back then the Republican party was pro-private property, back then the Republican party was pro-small government... i wonder what gave you the notion to claim that "back then the Republican party was the left"... That makes you sound like nothing more than a hysterical person trying to make claims which are not true. But don't worry, you are not the only one who has made such a false claim...

edit on 9-12-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Lol.

No dialog between you and another member on this thread is going to go anywhere. I know that now (was warned that was the case) but I tried because I am stubborn. This is pointless.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

They aren't entitled to force their views on everyone else. Something which many of you still fail to understand.

Or are you saying that "only certain people have a right to their pursuit of happiness"?... The pursuit of happiness doesn't equal to forcing religious institutions and religious people to agree with your view...

This is what I don't get. How are they forcing their 'livestyles" on other people? I mean, they want a cake or something?

I have a public life, through my work. But I keep my private life, very private. Most people do. Other than seeing a couple of gay folks coming out of a bar with their arms around each other or something, I just don't see the intrusiveness into my own life.
(And public bakery's should bake them cakes. I don't think God is going to send them to hell for baking a cake.)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

A cake is being debated in the SCOTUS. Who would have thought.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But you are entitled to force yours on them?
"I don't think you should be able to be married! And you can't tell me that you should be!"
That doesn't seem fair.

Where did i say that?... Where is asking for a compromise between both sides equal to "forcing the other side"?

Are you telling us Phage that "civil unions" were not legal before Obama?...

All that the Obama administration had to do was to give the right to same sex couples to legally be "civil unions" and be included as "civil unions". But no, instead you all in the left wanted to force your views on religious people and religious institutions. Or are you going to claim now that this is not so?... I can show you several examples of same sex couples suing churches and religious institutions for not wanting to "marry" same sex couples...

You still keep showing none of you can understand the difference...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

lol. You are like that itsy bitsy spider crawling up that water spout again and again!

I like that about you though. : )

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Republicanism was an idea and a party that was born because of the .........everyone has a right to private property etc......

What has that to do with Trump? he walks over people's rights, does anything but enhance people's rights. He has a habit of trying to take from the poor to give to the rich, especially, to himself...mostly to himself, and a few cronies, and those backers that he owes money to, (but not the money he cheated ordinary people out of..of course, er, should say, par for the course)
And of course there are a few matters pending...but let's not dwell on those just yet, I can almost smell the aroma of a burning Donald Duck a l’orange.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This is what I don't get. How are they forcing their 'livestyles" on other people? I mean, they want a cake or something?

I have a public life, through my work. But I keep my private life, very private. Most people do. Other than seeing a couple of gay folks coming out of a bar with their arms around each other or something, I just don't see the intrusiveness into my own life.
(And public bakery's should bake them cakes. I don't think God is going to send them to hell for baking a cake.)

Of course you can't understand it, because people in the left seem incapable to understand that other people would disagree with the views of the left.

Gay couple to sue church over gay marriage opt-out

Homosexual couples in Denmark have won the right to get married in any church they choose, even though nearly one third of the country's priests have said they will refuse to carry out the ceremonies.

Gay Danish couples win right to marry in church

Don't tell me, you still can't understand that by allowing same-sex couples to marry that this is forcing the view of the left on the rest of the people in the world?...

You still can't understand the difference between "civil union" and "marriage"?...

A civil union, also referred to by a variety of other names, is a legally recognized arrangement similar to marriage. These unions have been established in a number of countries since the late 1990s, often developing from less formal domestic partnership legislation. In Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, they have since been replaced, and in a number of other countries supplemented, by same-sex marriage. Civil unions are often seen by campaigners as a "first step" towards legalizing marriage for same-sex couples. While civil unions are predominantly established for both opposite-sex and same-sex couples, in a number of countries they are available to same-sex couples only.

en.wikipedia.org...

Civil unions have been legal for a very long time, but the left couldn't let it go at that, instead you all wanted to impose your view to include "marriage". With this "change" you are forcing religious institutions and religious people to "kowtow to your point of view without respecting the right of others to their own point of view"...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You're being disingenuous. Trump's posse spouts just as much fake news as anyone else.

The thing I find ironic is that you guys complain about the MSM constantly but continuously fund them by posting links to and visiting their articles giving them ad revenue. You don't trust them but they are definitely helping to shape your worldview.

You may not agree with them but they are writing articles that you guys obsess over constantly. I'd say their agenda is going forward without a hitch, polarizing people into hating one another.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yep. The Polish and Mexican immigrants who built Trump Tower had to sue him for the $4.00 an hour they made, doing that very dangerous work, working 12 hour days. It took years and a lawsuit for them to paid.

He paid the white guys and they made more per hour.

Meh. He just gives me the creeps. He's a creepy guy. imo.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I can show you several examples of same sex couples suing churches and religious institutions for not wanting to "marry" same sex couples...

Please do. But, did they win?
edit on 12/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join