It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Diplomats Get Brains Fried by Cubans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It’s been getting weird for American diplomats down in Cuba with reports of brain injuries being caused by unfamiliar technology and unknown antagonists. American officials are apparently being targeted by some novel weaponry which is frying the cognitive abilities of the victims.

“We believe that the Cuban government could stop the attacks on our diplomats,” said White House chief of staff John Kelly.
Dangerous sound? What Americans heard in Cuba attack

Reported speculation centres on a weaponised sonic technology that’s doing something like microwaving the brain. Memory loss, temporary deafness, poor balance and noises like tinnitus have been attributed to the victims. Media outlets highlight how the problem is aimed at US diplomats and their families rather than any old tourist.

The curious fly in the ointment is Cuban science isn’t at the level of baffling the best minds of US intelligence. Only East of Havana has nations with the technology to match or exceed America’s own espionage apparatus. You know what I’m talking about. Cuba ain’t got a pot to piss in and they’re supposed to be doing # that beats the CIA. Smells like bull#.

Cuba denied any involvement in the allegations back in November

WASHINGTON (AP) — Cuba’s foreign minister on Thursday accused the United States of lying about mysterious sonic attacks that U.S. diplomats in Havana say left them with ailments including headaches, hearing problems and concussions.
Cuba official accuses US of lying about sonic attacks

All of the stories originate on AP and spread to other news media sites. WTF is that all about?

To date, the Trump administration has largely described the 21 victims as US embassy personnel or “members of the diplomatic community”. That description suggested only bona fide diplomats and their family members were struck, with no logical motivation beyond disrupting US-Cuban relations.
Behind the scenes, though, investigators immediately started searching for explanations in the darker, rougher world of spycraft and counterespionage, given that so many of the first reported cases involved intelligence workers posted to the US embassy. That revelation, confirmed to the AP by a half-dozen officials, adds yet another element of mystery to a year-long saga that the Trump administration says may not be over.
US spies in Cuba were among first victims of mysterious sonic 'attacks'

Here’s a big IF. The Russians and Chinese are the only rival nations who can come close to the technology levels of America. The Chinese have no influence in Cuba and that leaves Russia. Why are the news articles focused on the Cubans IF it’s the Russians?

Something STINKS about these stories.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

Didn't it happen later in Kazakhstan too?

What's the common denominator?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Maybe the attack came from US inteligent agencies in order to damage the present administration relationship with Cuba. The inteligent services in US have gone Awol..

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Maybe the attack came from US inteligent agencies in order to damage the present administration relationship with Cuba. The inteligent services in US have gone Awol..

Hmmm... Most intriguing thought ...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If I recall correctly, the Trump Administration scaled back its diplomatic and US business relations with Cuba. Apparently most business conducted in Cuba is tied to the Cuban military. So, the president wanted to limit the ability of their military to make money off of American commerce.

-dex

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Ok so this happened back in October, and it wasn't just the US that got hit by this. The Cuban Government even invited the US to help come and investigate the events. My opinion is that it was the North Koreans that did it since the other countries that were affected has been involved with the sanctions that NK has been getting.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

These things work by bouncing signal off the atmoshpere and precalculating the target trajectory? I doubt North Korea has reached this technology.
edit on 9-12-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This has been on ATS for a few days...

Original thread on Cuba mystery

and here is an in depth article from Snopes that rules out sonic weapons.

Personally I'm of the opinion it was a bioweapon from our friends down in Noko.

Google Cuba and North Korea to see the connections, they've been pretty active there over the past couple years. Obama re opened the embassy there in 2015...
edit on 10-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
a reply to: Guyfriday

These things work by bouncing signal off the atmoshpere and precalculating the target trajectory? I doubt North Korea has reached this technology.

these things can work in many ways. I build one using an old microwave to get raccoons away from my garbage cans. These things are easy to make and even easier to use.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Maybe there were no attacks? US Intel used to pipe stories out on the wires and this reminded me of them. AP News has all the stories and other vendors have copypastad them.

a reply to: Thorneblood

This has been on ATS for a few days...

My bad. I thought it was weird not to see it here! Different treatment.

and here is an in depth article from Snopes that rules out sonic weapons.

Personally I'm of the opinion it was a bioweapon from our friends down in Noko.

There's so little information that I don't think propaganda can be ruled out. Insiders and unnamed sources discussing allegations and speculations. Leaves us nowhere.

What doesn't seem real is the disproportionate response to what amounts to serious international incidents.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The fact that Cuban diplomats accused the USA of making this up only proves they are lying about what they know, either that, or they are just plain stupid. Probably both anyways. There needs to be some kind of severe retaliation against Cuban leadership for this.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Of course there should! Causing injuries to diplomats is against laws that everyone has agreed to. It's a serious allegation.

Big question is this: Why has such a supposedly huge offence against US diplomats been ignored? Trump's administration pulled US staff from Cuba and that is all.

new topics

top topics

join