It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-57, F-35 comparisons and upgrade questions for my self evaluation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: choos "if two stealth aircraft were to enter front to front confrontation BVR, would they even know the other aircraft was even there?" That depends on IRST, radar and frontal RCS.....I have checked recently that the RCS detection of apg-81 was 1m2 at 140-160km while the Irbis is 3m2 at 350km. N036 will be more powerful than that while processing L-Band signals......ROFAR would be overkill if tested and manufactured as articles claim

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wewuzkangz

Hey wewuzkangz sometimes your posts are hard to follow. In regards to your last post you said this special engine was not that great. Whats the special engine the us advent or the russian one?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: wewuzkangz

At this point you either are being deliberately obtuse, or don't even have basic understanding of engines. Either way I'm done trying to explain it because all I'll get back is "Russia better". You're obviously not here for any actual learning.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Advent. Haven't you figured it out by now? Russia is far more advanced because their engine is better and all the systems they say are on the Su-57 are far ahead of ours.
edit on 12/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.pw.utc.com... Just a question ? The futur engine will stay with round nozzle ? All of the 6th gen fighter concept look to will have rectangular nozzle is it false ?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

The nozzle shape is determined by many factors. They'll be round if that works best, and rectangular if that is better.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It seem on the last iteration that the round nozzle will be the better for futur adaptive engine Pratt and Whitney have it and the GE have it too ( on the public pictures) , surely soon the better jet engine in the world

edit on 13-12-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It probably will be best shape, but so much can change in a couple of years that it's not funny.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What can change in 2 years ? ?
this kind of program take decade to come in line for sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

A lot. They're testing several ways to reduce drag and improve fuel efficiency, and are working on the next design. It's not going to be an actual fighter, but won't be a bomber sized aircraft either. That means that the round exhaust nozzle might not be best for it. It might have a recessed exhaust like the B-2

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
ok , and if they can put this kind of engine in the futur block of F-35 it will give to it real new capacity, this kind of technology will be a revolution for the pilots in battle.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

They're already planning to switch to it once they mature it more and get it a little smaller. It's a little too big still.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Sure, we see it on the PW picture more bigger than a F-135

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It made sense to go large first. It gives them the option of installing it on the B-21 if they choose.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is worse..F22 vs Su35..WTF did I just actually read??...Someone fire this reporter..
F22 is bad

The top American and Russian fighter jets this week had their first run-in in the skies above Syria, and the incident favoured the Russian jet if combat were to break out. The US's F-22 doesn't visibly store weapons, and it relies on stealth, so coming face to face with an advanced Russian fighter puts it at a disadvantage. Most incidents in the skies involving the US are communicated in advance and handled professionally, but the rules of engagement leave the US vulnerable to a first strike.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

He's right about stealth being negated, but I had to stop reading after the "you roll the aircraft to show the other aircraft your weapons".

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hahahaha yep I LOLed pretty hard at that line...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I always laugh at articles like that. People think that F-22s just roam around by themselves going wherever they want to. I guarantee you that there was another F-22 close by that didn't announce his presence while one went over to say hi.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join