It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd behavior on ATS using mobile device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This problem has been occurring for about five days now, and never happened previously. Every time I open a link on ATS on my mobile device, the page sort of “shifts” down gradually — like a slow stutter — as the page loads. I also get this effect after the page loads when I scroll up or down the page.

Then, when I use the “navigate back” arrow, it just reloads the same page that I was on. I have to press “back” 3-4 times rapidly before it connects to the previous page.

None of these problems happen on my pc, nor do they occur with any other website other than ATS. Any advice would be greatly appreciate — Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monsieur Neary
This problem has been occurring for about five days now, and never happened previously. Every time I open a link on ATS on my mobile device, the page sort of “shifts” down gradually — like a slow stutter — as the page loads. I also get this effect after the page loads when I scroll up or down the page.

Then, when I use the “navigate back” arrow, it just reloads the same page that I was on. I have to press “back” 3-4 times rapidly before it connects to the previous page.

None of these problems happen on my pc, nor do they occur with any other website other than ATS. Any advice would be greatly appreciate — Thanks.

What browser are you using? Do you have any plugins enabled or anything turned off?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Monsieur Neary

Something similar happens to me, the page has to load like 3 times before it stops jumping around.

I just figured it had to load once for me, once for the Russians, and once for the CIA.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Mine just jerks down while the ad at the top "settles".
Does it just as I'm about to click on something so I end up in the wrong thread.

I've learned to just wait til it stops now.(I'm impatient).

Android, by the way.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Use the DESKTOP VERSION...even on MOBILE. Problems avoided....

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Nailed it!

When it flickers rapidly an NSA agent is live tracking your every move.

#realtalk.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies -- I'm using Safari on my iPhone, nothing on or off that is out of the ordinary or new updates, certainly nothing different from about 5 days ago when everything was working fine. I'll try using the desktop version as suggested - Thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I use the desktop version on iPhone and it just started happening to me too. Can’t use the back arrow at all...have to go back to the menu. Weird!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
I use the desktop version on iPhone and it just started happening to me too. Can’t use the back arrow at all...have to go back to the menu. Weird!

Could be an iPhone issue, I use desktop version with an Android phone and have no issues.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Have you cleared the history? We are all kind of used to cleaning history on laptop browsers and forget to do the same with phone browsers.

The only time I've had the problem you describe is when I haven't cleared the cach/cookies/history in weeks and weeks.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm sorry I switched to the mobile version. I had hit ok to a prompt asking if I wanted mobile version and now I don't know how to go back to the desktop version.

new topics

top topics

join