It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the truth of the dying polar bear ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

They've been found on the chain, too. While I was working out in the Shumagins, on Popof Is., a polar bear showed up. No one knows how...but there he was. He loved the landfill, and then got into town...one of the locals shot him when he got into his yard.

Never did figure out how. Middle of the summer, too. One of those weird things.

There's evidence that they're breeding with grizzly bears, as well.

Adaptable, thy name is bear.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

One thing about all of this I find to be most odd is that change should not lead to panic, no matter the cause of the change, human or just a normal cycle.

For some reason the go too response is panic instead of adapting for humans. The bears follow the food, we seem to insist on the status quo with no room for change. The bears may outlast us.
edit on 12/10/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Odd, isn't it?

One of the most adaptable critters on Earth--Man, may be at this point, one of the least. So concerned about keeping things the same as it ever was, that we may, indeed, somehow doom ourselves in our heedless panic.

Climate change is a natural process, one that can not be stopped--we adapt, or we die. Law of nature...and not a law we can ignore.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: Azureblue

We have been in a short term warming trend for at least 20 years, but Polar bears have been roaming the Earth long before humans left the tropics. Some scientists have speculated that increased volcanic activity could cool things down within a year. So in that scenario Mount Agung could singlehandedly end the global warming spell now, or global warming could last another 20 years.

The Barnes ice cap glacier is starting to look like a tower on the Grey this year, no doubt about it.

Without December polar ice, bears wouldn't be able to hunt and we would get an overpopulation of seal.

I have no argument with what you say however, I still don't see there will ever be enough people who care enough to make the changes required to reverse any global warming.

Its impossible to even raise the numbers to stop the NWO from being fully rolled out.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I still don't see there will ever be enough people who care enough to make the changes required to reverse any global warming.
How about slowing it down or limiting it? Are you only considering conservative Americans?

No hope then. *sigh*
Keep your lamps trimmed an burnin.

edit on 12/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I just read this while reading the morning "news"

www.cbc.ca... onitor-says-1.4442892

When Leo Ikakhik saw this weekend's viral video of an emaciated polar bear rummaging through the garbage in search of food, he wasn't shocked. "I wasn't totally surprised. These things happen," the Nunavut polar bear monitor told As It Happens host Carol Off. "Mother Nature is going to do part of that. You know, it's just part of the cycle."

So we have heard from people who actually live in that harsh climate and know their environment.

Now lets hear from some ignorant,bleeding heart city dwellers.
This part is funny to me.

"All of our team was in tears and feeling completely helpless to do anything about it except to roll our cameras and share it with the world."

Now lets hear from a local again.

"Since I'm from the North, I wouldn't really fall for the video," he said. "I wouldn't really blame the climate change. It's just part of the animal, what they go through."

He said he sees healthy and well-fed polar bears in the Arctic all the time, but some are simply unlucky.

So...this was in my news this morning.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Pretty much what those of us who've worked and lived in the north have said all along.

Yes, it's a horrible way to die, being sick and/or injured and being unable to hunt or even scavenge properly. Nature is red of tooth and claw, last I heard. Disneyfication of the natural world has much to answer for.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Making the evidence fit the theory by forcing a square peg into a round hole seems to be common among activists. Something does not fit their narrative, they resort to nonsense like this and truth be damned.

No matter the cause of climate change, a serious person would be planning to deal with it in a serious manner by adapting, just like the bears do. Not pushing misrepresented video's.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Exploitation of human emotions, well known and used by media, politicians and activists.
Most of us are still affected by it.

More news on our beloved friends the polar bears
What everybody got wrong about that viral video of a starving polar bear

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

There is no "stopping" it. At best, it may be mitigated slightly--at best. It's a natural cycle...and nature's still a whole lot bigger than we are.

We adapt, or get out of the way, or die. Perhaps some combination of the three, but little else.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
Exploitation of human emotions, well known and used by media, politicians and activists.
Most of us are still affected by it.

More news on our beloved friends the polar bears
What everybody got wrong about that viral video of a starving polar bear

It's good the truth is getting out for those with eyes open.

These images aren’t the work of a scientist, an impartial documentarian or even a concerned bystander. They are part of a very calculated public relations exercise by SeaLegacy, an organization whose stated purpose is to capture photos that drive “powerful conservation wins.” The group dispatched five expeditions in 2017, all with the goal to “trigger public and policy support for sustainable ocean solutions.” Terry Audla is a past president of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, an advocacy organization representing all Canadian Inuit. In a Sunday tweet, he called the photos a “stunt” that represented a “complete disservice to climate change science.” SeaLegacy’s social media posts about the bear also failed to mention that the images were taken in August, when ice cover naturally disappears from many polar bear habitats.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The change is so slow I can't see it being much of problem, beyond those who want it to stay the same forever and they are irrational to begin with.

Some examples of human stupidity are almost too irrational to adequately describe. The Netherlands with a quarter of it's land an people below sea level and places like New Orleans and Miami. That's some real genius there considering so little of the earths land is populated.

I'm all for protecting the environment, but in a responsible, sensible way factoring in the curve balls nature throws at us.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I still don't see there will ever be enough people who care enough to make the changes required to reverse any global warming.
How about slowing it down or limiting it? Are you only considering conservative Americans?

No hope then. *sigh*
Keep your lamps trimmed an burnin.

I am all for slowing it down or limiting it because achieving someting at least but is it enough.

Sorry, but not sure what you mean re Americians. America is the biggest economy in the world and one of the most wastefull (because they set the trends and the crazes) they are like some other westerns are very wasteful .... and I dont mean ordinary householders either. Give it a few years and China will the main offender so I dont really see what Americia has to do with it.

America is very much the problem when it pushes the blame and responsbility for all thats worng with America and the western world in general, down onto the people who have the least amount of power and authority to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The Inuits are complaining there are too many polar bears, The USGS says there are upwards of 30,000 polar bears, I think polar bears are just like any other animal in that they get sick and die, or die of old age, everything living die's eventually.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Yep, absolutely right.
I had a conversation on social media the other day about it.
It got rather fast very quite after I presented some facts about the matter.
The last comment I got was,

"That may all be true but the world would be a better place without humans"

To me that's just a sign of naivety, trying to avoid the real issue and trapped by the emotional web.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

More human stupidity, I've heard people say they blame mother nature for destroying their belongings.
If there is someone to blame it s yourself in the first place for not taking precautions and in the second place for being dumb you even dare to come forward with such a statement.

Some learn from their mistakes and other not, in the end it's obvious who will survive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join