It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Informs Breitbart Gloria Allred Yearbook Forgery is Fake News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Keyword:

''''Politifact''''

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Well, yes and no.

Yes, people need to do their own research, but no, the results of that research do not dictate what is and is not the truth.

For example, people do their research, choose the wrong sources, lack the intellect and capacity in other regards to come to accurate conclusions, and lo and behold, you have flat earth theory. So put another way, a persons ability to acknowledge and discern reality, does not dictate what reality is. It only dictates whether or not an individual is or is not dealing with reality, when they think about matters.

Reality is what it is. It does NOT change depending who observes it, from what political standpoint they do so, or by any other method. It simply is what it is, and all that ever changes, is whether an individual has the intellect, observational skills and the access to information necessary, to recongise that reality.

In short, some people are correct in their declarations of what they see before them. Others are not.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
a reply to: rickymouse

If I said my car died because it probably has a bad fuel pump and the mechanic checks if the fuel pump runs and says the fuel pump is fine, you are lying, would you get pissed. It could be there was no gas in the car, or the fuel filter was plugged, yet the mechanic said we aren't looking at that, because you said it was the most likely the fuel pump. You told us a fib so we looked no further.

I find many people often make this mistake. They confuse the difference between lying and simply being wrong.

Some people are stuck in their beliefs. They believe they are right, but in essence, they are believing in something that is not true some times. We have adopted untruths as truths for a long time. Look at eggs, most people believed that they are bad for us because someone paid some scientists to find flaws in them. Yes, some people are allergic to eggs, some people do have some negative effects from consuming them not really an allergy though, more of an intolerance. But eggs actually contain choline and choline is good for thinking properly and being able to analyze things properly. By telling people they need to eat cereals, they led people into doping, cereal grains contain morphine like chemicals and since all are aged/dried, they all have the feel good chemistry. But that chemistry does not make you smarter, it is all right as long as you get enough choline and proper amounts of certain types of fats.

The government allows these companies to dope us so we cannot think deeply about things. Doping chemistry is rubber stamped it appears by the FDA. Now things that are nootropic have been said to be bad for us and are scrutinized more by the FDA. For generations this has been going on. I actually liked being doped up for years, I could fit into society that way. Now I am seeing friends getting sick and I actually went too far with the doping even before I had my accident. I wanted to be as spontaneous as others are, not overthinking things which leads to not experiencing mistakes. Mistakes are actually fun if you can laugh at yourself. Kind of expensive though, I bought way too many tools. I do have some protective epigenetics that made it so many of the food chemistries that dope others do not effect me as much. What is the difference between smart and average, maybe just that the doping chemistry is not absorbed or you automatically crave the antidote.

Half the problems with our society are because we have been doped too much. Like I said, doping chemicals are rubber stamped, those that make you think better are scrutinized. If people overthink things, and are not wise enough to see things other than what fit their beliefs, then chaos erupts.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

It's not a forgery. It was a minor omission of fact - the inscription is his and the signature is his. To claim her notation of the date and location is equal to the ENTIRE signature and "Merry Christmas" inscription is Fake News. It is being used by the Moore campaign to call her a liar. She should sue him for defamation of character.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Facebook, Twitter and the like shouldn't be censoring news.

They are not public forums, nor are they media outlets, and they can do what they damn well please.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a completely factual story

Except for the 'forgery' part.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gdkknxnqkc

In today's society we are constantly bombarded with lies and half truths and it is up to us to do our research in order to discover the realities that shape our world and in doing so we find the ones who willfully decisive us and lead us from the truth

Which is why blockchain technology is so important moving forward.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

This is what happens when you allow Fake-book to censer the news.

Facebook warned Breitbart News on Friday that the author of a completely factual story concerning the accuser of Alabama Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore needed to consult “additional reporting” from the liberal fact-checker Politifact.

Why should Facebook determine what is fake and what isn't?

I'll bet they ran with the fake-news stories from the last couple of days.

Link

Facebook is a private organization and get to do as they please.

edit on 9-12-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I agree with you yet I feel that you are over thinking this. Even though what we eat does have an effect it's not so much chemical as it is psychological.

There is a lot to be said about the psychology of information and propaganda. We all want to fit in and feel like we belong somewhere. To rally against a common enemy is an alluring way to "fit in". Currently America is rallying against each other in this "common enemy" theme, the right against the left. So much that most are missing the point, i.e. that we are in the midst of a civil rights movement.
See Time magazine's person of the year, 2017, article, The Silence Breakers.

The point is that we all should give each other a little bit of respect and treat each other as you would like to be treated. It's startling the number of sexual harassment accusations coming out recently yet what is more startling, perhaps even horrifying, is the idea that this is perhaps less than 1/10th of 1% of the total number of acts of sexual harassment, misconduct and rape. As an educated and civilized nation I strongly feel that we can do much better and we can get through all of this together, in the end becoming better for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
I also do not think that this constitutes as forgery. I'm not even sure it's a "minor omission of facts". I suppose it depends on when the date and location were added to Moore's signing.

Here is an image of the yearbook signature courtesy of fiverx313
cdn.cnn.com...

Maybe Beverly Nelson has said when she added the date and location but I think there is a difference between adding it back in 1977, near the time of the signing by Moore, and if she recently had added it, like after the accusation was made. Never the less, if this is indeed his signature, it discredits Moore's claim that he did not know Mrs. Nelson.

With all the other accusations against Moore and his reputation as a sexual predator it is enough for me to form an opinion about his character. I am curious as to what Beverly Nelson's next steps will be.
edit on 12/9/2017 by Devino because: Added link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join