It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 lies in a week; msm losing credibility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: theantediluvian

What is the use in that? That doesn't make people more critical of mainstream sources, that makes them less critical of a site like True Pundit.

I think you just answered your own question.

Funny, I have been in several threads recent that sources true pundit claiming they were not to be trusted in their own,

But yep, you got me.

I knew the msm would push three fake stories this week causing me to be able to reverse on my true pundit claims and push them as a legit source.

The long con!!!

Oh I don't think it's a long con, just opportunism.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What is the use in that? That doesn't make people more critical of mainstream sources, that makes them less critical of a site like True Pundit.

Funny, I have been in several threads recent that sources true pundit claiming they were not to be trusted in their own,

But yep, you got me.

I knew the msm would push three fake stories this week causing me to be able to reverse on my true pundit claims and push them as a legit source.

The long con!!!

Let me make it real clear.

True pundit sucks.

I would not trust anything written by them without further verifying it is true.

I feel the same way about the msm, as this week has shown.

Both are biased activists, not journalists.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

But yep, you got me.

The long con!!!

Let me make it real clear.

True pundit sucks.

I would not trust anything written by them without further verifying it is true.

I feel the same way about the msm, as this week has shown.

Both are biased activists, not journalists.

One has reporters and journalists that you can name and can be held accountable, the other doesn't.

And that's where the difference lies. They aren't the same because of that one key, crucial difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No. True Pundit are not activist. They make # up. They don't get facts wrong and correct them. They make # up. They don't add a little bias. They don't color things with a little insinuation. They make # up.

Some guy somewhere, sits at his computer and types up a complete and total work of fiction. This isn't about bias. Fox News has bias. CNN has bias. MNSBC has bias. Hell, they all have bias. True Pundit makes # up. Completely makes it up out of thin air. They're not getting an important detail wrong. They're getting EVERY detail wrong because they pulled every detail right out of thin air.

They mix in articles that they aggregate from other sites to insert just enough reasonable doubt that somebody can say "well True Pundit gets it right sometimes." They're not the same.

True Pundit is basically a random dude on Twitter. The person or people who run it are completely unknown. It doesn't have any accountability. There are no reporters. There's nobody to sue. There's nobody to be suspended. There's nothing. They're not even a bad media outlet.

Has True Pundit *EVER* published a retraction? Has True Pundit *EVER* given an in person interview? Has True Pundit *EVER* sent a reporter to anything, ever? Does True Pundit *EVER* reach out for comments?

No, no, no and no? True Pundit is NOT journalism, it's not even infotainment, it's not even a decent news blog that comments on other outlets' reporting. If CNN was a run-of-the-mill politician who lied sometimes and the Gateway Pundit was Donald Trump, True Pundit would be a homeless schizophrenic smoking meth and ranting about how the grasshopper people were eating his brains.

There's no comparison. Trying to make a comparison isn't just reckless, it's dangerous because it opens the doors to any random # on the Internet having equal standing. If you really believe that, then I would think that you would have to also believe that all hope is lost because you can never place any amount of belief in absolutely anything as everything you read/see/hear is just as likely to be completely made up as real. And if that's really the case, then what's the point of even talking about it because you might as well be talking about all the pretty unicorns breathing fire and trampling the reptilians at the 30,000 foot volcano in the middle of Kentucky.

Prove that there's no fire breathing unicorns massacring reptilians at Mt. What-the-actual-f. I read it on a WordPress blog site 5 minutes ago. CNN isn't reporting it because they're fake news. By your own logic, that information is equally likely to be true because somebody on the Internet said it.
edit on 2017-12-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

How are you going to verify anything?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

How are you going to verify anything?

By seeing if other sources back it up, by checking in to the facts cited as much as possible.

If that is not possible, then I don't take it as truth.

Why shouldn't that standard be equally supplied to the msm and other places?

The fact is people tried to say if it isn't a msm source it isn't backed up properly.

The pint of this thread is that that argument shouldn't fly.

Let me ask you, if I cite an article by true pundit, will you just say it's fake and refuse to look at it?

I would hope not. You may default that it may be garbage as I do, but still look and do your best to verify the article is wrong or right.

Again, I am not saying true pundit isn't more wrong more often, and doesn't offer retractions.

But the people that would have said they take true pundit at face value and need no other proof because they are so trust worthy are far less prominent than people that do that with the msm.

Has true pundit ever pushed a fake story that contributed to the stock market to dropping 300 points?

The msm is far more dangerous because not only because they have a far bigger reach, but because they are slick enough to convince people they are journalists, when that is not true.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think these were mistakes. Yes, there were three of them from three separate media outlets in a week and that's unfortunate but mistakes are bound to happen, particularly with breaking news.

Lmao... perhaps they were mistakes, but if they weren't frothing at the mouth at the idea of taking Trump down they wouldn't have put their own foot so far up their own ass... trust you to defend this MSM nonsense though, after all you fell for it and made some threads based on these lies.
edit on 8/12/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Many of us have known, true, but it's sure nice to see this being exposed, for all to see! At this stage, the National Enquirer is more credible than many so-called mainstream news sources.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Us progressives have lost track, and don't bother "counting" the lies from conservative muckraking/gutter tabloids. It's simply to frequent to keep track of.

At least with the so-called "MSM" they'll not only retract mistakes, but suspend/fire those responsible.

I'm sure the fine folks over at Fox News are going to fire or suspend someone for this intentionally misleading headline and tweet that was left up for hours? Right?

Fox News issues correction on Roy Moore accuser yearbook ‘forgery’ headline

When "conservative" news outlets hold themselves as accountable and to the same journalistic standards/ethics as the MSM you all seem to despise, perhaps we can have an actual conversation.

It's not surprising these comic book/fantasy "news" sources are so popular with the alt-right/conservative crowd. Reality itself has a liberal bias after all.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Fox is a mainstream media source (aka MSM), the fact you seem to think any conservative media source isn't mainstream just shows your outlook is highly biased to the point anyone who doesn't have the same exact political leanings as you must be outside the mainstream. Sorry that's not how it works.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The media is having a rough week when it comes to reporting on the federal government's multiple ongoing Russia investigations. Three stories in the past seven days have crumbled under greater scrutiny

www.axios.com...

Three fake stories in a week.

The Flynn story, the Deutsche bank story, and now today's CNN story about wikileaks.

For those unaware, all three stories are outlined in the link above.

Now look, I know that many right wing news sources are just as bad.

But there was a time when people would scoff at truepundit or breitbart, etc. and want more main stream sources.

At this point, the msm is no better than these sources.

This week has furthered proved what we all already knew, that these msm sources are interested in journalism, they are activists pushing an agenda.

And they they will push fake news to help their side.

Now I know this is done in the right too.

But the point I am making is we must now lump CNN and ABC etc in as being just as questionable as truepundit and other type sources.

Does this mean that evrything true pundit or CNN or fox says is a lie? Not at all.

But the times of pretending that the msm is somehow more respectable than these other sources is over.

I don't blame anyone for sourcing ABC or cnn or any source, I just will not take any of them at their word without more proof.

Granted this has always been the case, but I just think this week hits that fact home.

*See my reply thread above ^.....Youre correct. The MSM is out to make $$$ afterall. The again...isnt the altnernative media doing so as well with its own advertisers?

Its like a shove match with a wall in the middle. Who the hell knows whats true of not? Depends where you get your info from....

Thanks Grambler.............

(post by schuyler removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The MSM and the government is reminding me of gossip in the works place. You really don't know what to believe anymore let alone think. Just try to stay away from the BS. It is getting harder and harder to see the difference between the truth and a lie. One almost thinks that is what they want.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join