It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. . . . the labeling. . . . .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I know.

And I am not as died-in-the-wool right as some probably think.

For example, I would really love for the idea of socialized health care to work the way so many think it will. I just know from looking at the way our particular form of government runs things that any such system would be nowhere near what it was advertised to be in terms of efficiency, quality, cost-effectiveness, etc. Fix public education so that it really works for everyone (or at least offers the opportunity to work for everyone), and I might be in more agreement that the same bureaucracies could operate my health care too.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, if I claimed I was a Democrat who fully denied Bill Clinton's sexual assault allegations because I put my party over everything, then you might have me.

But I'm not a Democrat, I don't blindly follow Democratic politicians, and I never defended them against their accusers like Right wingers do with Trump and now Moore.

Like I said, a mall has higher standards than the GOP and it's supporters.

Except the mall ban was proven false by the mall.
Now the yearbooks been "added to"

Show me guilty and I will boot him. Until then it's more left/right smear.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Speedtek
This has to be the absolute most batsh*t crazy thread I've read on ATS. Seriously being snowflaked by being called a pedophile supporter when you support a pedophile? That's exactly what is happening, so just own it.

I take pride in batsh#t crazy threads.

You don't mind being pro-rape then.

Please explain how being disgusted by a child molester is being pro rape? I'm not sure if I can follow these mental gymnastics.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Speedtek

You really didn't actually "read" this thread, did you????

I'm thinkin' no.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am of pretty much the same mind there.

I think the reality of a properly implemented and run socialized healthcare, education, or even something like free internet are actually in the best interests of a nation. It may help individuals, but at its core, it would create a larger pool of people to meaningfully contribute to their own lives and others, thereby creating an exponentially stronger nation.

If we tried to shoehorn that in here and now though? Pure effing disaster, no matter how well meaning and intentioned the people are who push for it.

Before anything IMO, absolutely *anything*, we need to create a system and government that responsibly and effectively spends the funds it gets through taxes. Honestly, I think this should be our Priority Number One, like.. yesterday.

Sometimes I feel like if we fixed that portion of things, we'd have enough to buy every man, woman, and child a freaking Bentley (lol). But, the majority of people "involved" in politics are more concerned with what bathrooms people are using and who the "sexual harasser of the day" is (SHotD?).

edit on 9-12-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Ummm... the labeling began a while ago. Nazi this, communist that, SJW's, snowflakes, white nationalists, racists, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

I know you've been here through all of that, why act like it's something new?

This. Labeling has been around almost forever. Like if someone in your village is "off" (or undesired) make them paint their face to punish. In worst case, the "undesirable" people were exiled. In the distant history they didn't have to use words to achieve the same effect.

The reason labeling is effective is rejection. We have strong social instinct to be accepted and even valued. When those things fail, we start to experience rejection. It's severe.

A few links:
www.newscientist.com - Rejection massively reduces IQ...
www.psychologytoday.com - 10 Surprising Facts About Rejection...

It's powerful and we probably subconsciously know this--which is why we use labels to control or attack others.

Longterm rejection is one of the most destructive things can be done to someone. But it might be necessary to control some people. For example, we SHOULD reject criminal or abusive behaviour and mental illness. If we embraced them imagine the chaos would insue? If somoene is doing something unhealthy, you don't encourage them to keep doing it.
edit on 12/9/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy>>> I can see where certain partisan people on the left would jump at the chance to try to turn the tables on the right and make them out to be pedophile supporters. There is damning evidence that those very close to the Clintons and Obama are pedophiles and very possibly even worse, unimaginably worse. And The Clintons and Obama themselves are suspect in some of the same charges which seem more than just rumors. So its the same as trying to make Trump guilty of Russian collusion, its now known that it was the Clintons who were in fact guilty of Russian collusion. Moore seems like a guy who was into teenage girls when he was younger which makes him a lecher. But there also seems to be fabricated evidence against him and the credibility of some or many of his accusers has been seriously damaged by the involvement of some very ethically questionable people.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I was called a troll once. It hurt and everything ........but I'm ok. I really don't get involved enough to get labeled. I do read a lot of these threads and really don't see the need to name call or label to try and make a point. You tend to lose your creditability when you have to do that, but maybe that don't matter to people.
Disclaimer: I'm not perfect or innocent.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Because they let me.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

They call that public shaming. Sometimes warranted, sometimes not.

But it's very useful and convenient when other avenues fail, for right or wrong.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sooo, you're saying there aren't really any racists or homophobes or Islamaphobes in the U.S.

So glad we got that cleared up. I'm happy to know that they don't really exist.

One thing I know for sure is that there are misandrists here on this forum.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So maybe we should be grateful for all this complaining, because it’s venting, which takes real emotion, potentially real anger.
People have a means by which to express it.
So instead of having to go beat up somebody or God forbid, assassinate somebody, you can just kind of shout and scream about how the president is an idiot and everything is alright.
edit on 9-12-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

A Guy who MIGHT Have Chased Younger Tail in his 30's ? Let's get Real here Guys , We ALL HAVE................)

No we don't!! not borderline kids or actual kids ,some of us find that sht, creepy.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Folks on the right constantly bring up the stuff that Clinton did years ago. Surely u aren’t insinuating they don’t.

Anyone who tries to hook up with kids, abuses women, etc. should be called out for it and labeled accordingly...regardless of their political association.

Clinton is a scumbag. Moore is a scumbag.

They both have plenty of other reasons to labeled as a scumbag besides what they have done to women.

When Moore opens his mouth stupid and ignorant #e seems to continually pour from his mouth.

There are a million reasons besides his sexual issues why he shouldn’t become a member of the senate.

Hopefully the good people of Alabama will trust their hearts and do what is right for the country.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Oops...double post
edit on 10-12-2017 by Argus100 because: Dp

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

A Guy who MIGHT Have Chased Younger Tail in his 30's ? Let's get Real here Guys , We ALL HAVE................)

Uhhh...say what? I can say with all sincerity that I never chased juvenile “tail” in my 30’s. If you are implying that youdid, I can only hope you that you didn’t end up catching what you were chasing.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ketsuko

Notice I used labels from both ends of the spectrum. The name calling and labeling is hardly uniquely leftist in nature.

How about you take the high road and stop doing it.

P

He was making a point. Don’t be silly.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

Read the whole thread next time.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argus100

There are a million reasons besides his sexual issues why he shouldn’t become a member of the senate.

Hopefully the good people of Alabama will trust their hearts and do what is right for the country.

I actually agree.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I disagree with this.

The people of Alabama have two choices, and they are not supposed to be picking someone to represent the country, only themselves.

Part of the problem with this entire sexual allegation flap is that it did not start until after it was too late to replace Moore on the ballot, so it stinks of dirty politics and trying to force the issue where the only possible candidate is the Democrat. It is pretty obvious that the people in Alabama do not want him representing him, so much so that Moore can't stay sunk in the polls for long.

So the two choices they have for someone whom they feel best represents them is Moore as damaged as they is and a Democrat they know will not represent anything they want.

But at no point are they even supposed to entertain "best for the country" in this process. They are choosing someone to best represent their interests as a state.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I disagree with this.

The people of Alabama have two choices, and they are not supposed to be picking someone to represent the country, only themselves.

Part of the problem with this entire sexual allegation flap is that it did not start until after it was too late to replace Moore on the ballot, so it stinks of dirty politics and trying to force the issue where the only possible candidate is the Democrat. It is pretty obvious that the people in Alabama do not want him representing him, so much so that Moore can't stay sunk in the polls for long.

So the two choices they have for someone whom they feel best represents them is Moore as damaged as they is and a Democrat they know will not represent anything they want.

But at no point are they even supposed to entertain "best for the country" in this process. They are choosing someone to best represent their interests as a state.

Very well stated. The people who know him best will decide his fate. It is not likely some SJW crowd of fools will work tom foolery in AL and win them over to the dark side by pretending to have evidence of something vile they simply do not have. Not having the evidence or a good reason to forget about due process always applies when an SJW wants to bring their enemies down.

edit on 10-12-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join